Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Thanks! Likewise- I've loved watching your seahorse tanks grow. Very inspirational.

Thanks also, :-). We all inspire each other, that is what is so great about this forum.

• Like 1

Latest FTS looks awesome! Im super jelly of your clam. I've tried multiple times to have one in my nano and have never had success.

Thanks Eric. It's from the last frag swap. I didn't have high hopes for it after I saw what happened to yours but this one has done really well. Thinking I just got lucky

My thoughts exactly :)

Double enabler!

• Like 1

Need some thoughts!

I have 3 Euphyllia in the tank - Gold Torch, Frogspawn and Toxic Hammer. All are growing quickly. The Hammer is in the center between the two rocks. The initial intent of my scape was a clean Bommie look but growth is a gift and a curse!

I'd like input. Should I remove the Hammer in the center to open up the middle or leave it?

E53BD389-7B12-4314-BB04-125CB0DA0111.jpg

• Like 3

If you want the bommie look I'd consider moving the hammer. How about placing it on the left hand side, to the left of the torch in the void under the over hang?

• Like 1

If you want the bommie look I'd consider moving the hammer. How about placing it on the left hand side, to the left of the torch in the void under the over hang?

Not a bad idea. I'll give it a try this weekend and see how it looks. Only negative is the tight fit and could block the highway for my conch to travel through.

Unrelated- my Jabao pump crapped out. Second time these pumps have failed without much wear. Bit the bullet and picked up an MP10wES.

• Like 3

I really like my vortech pumps, and it's super easy to take the wet side out for cleaning since there's no cord.

I think the torch looks nice there but I agree it needs to move if you want islands.

• Like 2

I really like my vortech pumps, and it's super easy to take the wet side out for cleaning since there's no cord.

I think the torch looks nice there but I agree it needs to move if you want islands.

My LFS had an incredibly tiny GBG today. Thought of your tank when I saw it. It couldn't have much more than 1/2", if not smaller

• Like 1

I think the tank looks great the way it is!

When I set up my 20 I wanted 2 islands also but ended up filling it in with corals to :lol: its just how this hobby works.......you see something at the store and well I have to have that.....

• Like 2

it looks good now. keep the hammer. and upgrade to IM 30 =P.

I had a 20 and now a 30..............the 20 is a bit deeper than the 30. That is the one thing I do not like about he 30 only 11 inches to the back wall. I almost gutted it and did a sump.......but in the end its the wifes tank that I have to take care of......

• Like 2

I really like my vortech pumps, and it's super easy to take the wet side out for cleaning since there's no cord. .

I'm a Vortech noob. What does your schedule look like?

• Like 2

it looks good now. keep the hammer. and upgrade to IM 30 =P.

Ha. Def not going to happen. I am thinking about resetting up my IM 4 gallon as a mini frag tank to keep me occupied while this one grows out.

• Like 1

Before I got the reeflink wireless controller, I just set it on reef crest 24/7 to give plenty of nice random flow. You can program it to do all kinds of things, and the reeflink makes it much easier. So I have mine go from lagoon, then tidal swell, then reefcrest, then nutrient transport mode, and then a slow constant mode all night long.

But really all that is just to satisfy me inclination to dork around with it, I think the corals were just as happy with one random flow mode :D

• Like 2

Before I got the reeflink wireless controller, I just set it on reef crest 24/7 to give plenty of nice random flow. You can program it to do all kinds of things, and the reeflink makes it much easier. So I have mine go from lagoon, then tidal swell, then reefcrest, then nutrient transport mode, and then a slow constant mode all night long.

But really all that is just to satisfy me inclination to dork around with it, I think the corals were just as happy with one random flow mode :D

I have the Reeflink with my Radion and Vortech hooked up now. Really awesome to control from a single app.

My first pass setup is straight Reef Crest at different max speeds. I'll likely mix it up like you.

A8A00441-727B-4E79-B694-E00234FA288A.png

• Like 2

I run mine on reef crest to. I had the 10 in the 20 and ran it about 50% otherwise sand would fly...........once I get the big tank running the 10 is going in the 30 on reef crest.

I love the Vortech and especially like no power in the tank.

• Like 2

I run mine on reef crest to. I had the 10 in the 20 and ran it about 50% otherwise sand would fly...........once I get the big tank running the 10 is going in the 30 on reef crest.

I love the Vortech and especially like no power in the tank.

50% eh? I'll have to boost mine up from 30%.

• Like 1

50% eh? I'll have to boost mine up from 30%.

Yeah I ran it at 50% and about 3/4 up the glass on the right side towards the back wall. I also had a Sicce 1.5 for the return pump. It all worked well together.

• Like 2

It also depends on how much coral you have in the tank that blocks flow. In a new tank I had to keep it down really low, but I cranked it up more as the corals got bigger.

• Like 2

It also depends on how much coral you have in the tank that blocks flow. In a new tank I had to keep it down really low, but I cranked it up more as the corals got bigger.

For sure. Before my RW4 shut down I was running in a pulse mode @ ~500-600 gph. Seems like a lot but the SPS liked it

• Like 2

Loving the MP10QD.

I underestimated the impact of the low profile mechanics inside the tank.

Side note- decided to leave the Hammer in the middle. The movement adds a lot to the astetics.

25D96156-2BED-48F8-9D13-9F5D39900219.jpg

64CBCF37-4D1C-4238-A399-BD3D29A60473.jpg

• Like 5