inTank Media Baskets

any idea how much light is cut down from the screen? ive been wondering because it looks like it might reflect alot

No clue but you are right it does at least appear to reflect a notable amount. The screen I got is the 1/8 in. You could always do 1/4 in if you thought it might be a problem.

I'm getting great colors and growth so I have to assume the level of needed light is getting through

this tank is coming along VERY nicely!

Thanks a lot! It's definitely coming along. My LPS is growing like mad. SPS continues to encrust. I'm anxious for upward growth on the sticks

Made a quick video. Spent no time cleaning the tank prior- pay not attention to algae and nastiness. Cheers

New page bump

• Like 1

Thanks. Just got a Mac and was playing around with iMovie for the first time. Great program.

Stocking I have- Midas, Clown and just added a Royal Gramma yesterday. There is also a Pistol Shrimp, Emerald Crab and a Tiger Conch.

I'll make another video showing the livestock next time

hell yeah! looking forward to it! just about to merge all my tanks into an IM 20 so im using your tank as inspiration :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Its in Plymouth, MN. Called New Wave Aquaria.

They always have the place well stocked but new shipments come in on Tuesdays (they are closed that day) so the best day to go is Wednesday if you can.

Are you close to Plymouth?

Just wanted to say thanks for the New Wave tout. Went in there yesterday and enjoyed it. Signed up for a membership.

Had a Blackhawk Clown I'd really like to get. Didn't want to pull the trigger given the age of my tank so far. Hope to get one like it and pair it will something else. Did get a few small frags to see how they do and will likely stock my tank below with some of the acros from there.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/374671-minnesotan-lagoon-im-25g/

• Like 1

Brief update.

I have a couple small isolated patches of turf algae. To get after it before its a problem I am raising my Mg and dosing 10-15ml of H2O2 nightly - along with manual removal. Fingers crossed this cleans up soon.

On a good note. I am not sure how common this is but last night I got to see my Brittle Starfish in a spawn event. I have never seen them in full view out of the rocks. Last night there were 15+ in the open. They would lounge around a bit lethargic and eventually would raise their bodies off the rocks to release eggs and ju ju into the current. It was pretty interesting to watch. No clue what triggered the event but I found it most interesting that this happened while I am in the process of raising Mg and dosing H2O2. Glad to see there are no adverse effects to inverts.

• Like 1

Scarlet Hermits and Emerald Crabs FTW on the turf algae. Cool stuff on the stars.

Yea? I'll grab a couple. I have a single blue legged hermit that doesn't seem interested- I'll give the Scarlets a shot. My Emerald seems to be busy eating but alone doesn't make a dent.

I'll let you know how they do.

Cool tank! Loved the video!

Thanks. Hoping to make a better one soon. Just gotta find that time.

Dirty. Hyper blue cell phone pic.

20160628_200206.jpg

• Like 1

Red Planet finally starting to send off new branches.

DSC_0151_1.jpg

Green Digi

2C279A1A-A193-450A-A511-49EEE60C661D.jpg

Plate

BBC3DBA7-CE7B-4884-AA41-618A8C9ACFEB.jpg

Glass on glass gives a really nice reflection - extending the life of the tank beyond the glass walls.

DSC_0181.jpg

• Like 1

That's a cool shot of the reflections. I like the plate coral, too :)

Thanks Teeny

Really nice tank you have going, going to have to steal some ideas :)

Thanks. Steal away. I've studied so many tanks here to find the corals and things that I like best. Let me know if I can help

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Grafted Cap is growing - Mostly from the pink/red side. C'mon green! Step it up.

DSC_0136.jpg

My grafted cap is doing the same ?

Colors are pale and edges rough since was stung to hell but making a comeback

6266E0E5-8B0A-4266-8A9F-FA12F416C271_zps

• Like 1