Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Why the change from Kessil?

Its a great light but tough to grow SPS. The single source of light drives shadowing. IMO they are optimal for LPS tanks.

We will see though... I could miss it quick

rickztahone

May I ask where did you buy the rod for the light? I believe you said it was custom cut (by you I am assuming) but just wondering where one may get the part itself. Thank you for your time.

May I ask where did you buy the rod for the light? I believe you said it was custom cut (by you I am assuming) but just wondering where one may get the part itself. Thank you for your time.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Gatco-Latitude-2-Satin-Nickel-Single-Towel-Bar-Common-24-in-Actual-26-in/3123969

I did some mods to get the cord through the rod and have the mount sit flush against the wall.

Let me know if you have questions. Happy to help

Hows the tank doing?! Did you manage to find anything good at the swap? I went but i wasnt impressed. How did the frags you got from Reefking do? My sps have taking quite a hit recently so after the move and things settle down and i figure out what the issue is I think ill hit him up for some pieces. Turns out im moving to plymouth just like you did lol small world eh?

FTS!!?

• Like 1

Hows the tank doing?! Did you manage to find anything good at the swap? I went but i wasnt impressed. How did the frags you got from Reefking do? My sps have taking quite a hit recently so after the move and things settle down and i figure out what the issue is I think ill hit him up for some pieces. Turns out im moving to plymouth just like you did lol small world eh?

FTS!!?

Welcome to Plymouth! The grass is a little green out here. Do you know where about you'll be?

Good luck with the move. I had no idea how nasty my sand bed was until my move stirred it all up.

I didn't go to the swap but had a bud pick up a clam for me - a nice blue maxima. I've heard people struggle with clams from the swap but so far so good.

Reefking frags are doing well. You'll have to hit him up when you get out here. Check craigslist - his stuff is always listed there.

I'll get a FTS up in the next couple days. I'm recovering from a Ca and Mg spike. I'm anxious to see how my sps react to a Radion. Hoping good things.

Welcome to Plymouth! The grass is a little green out here. Do you know where about you'll be?

Good luck with the move. I had no idea how nasty my sand bed was until my move stirred it all up.

I didn't go to the swap but had a bud pick up a clam for me - a nice blue maxima. I've heard people struggle with clams from the swap but so far so good.

Reefking frags are doing well. You'll have to hit him up when you get out here. Check craigslist - his stuff is always listed there.

I'll get a FTS up in the next couple days. I'm recovering from a Ca and Mg spike. I'm anxious to see how my sps react to a Radion. Hoping good things.

Yep! bought a house right off of rockford road! on Revere Lane! We might be neighbors? lol

Yeah im considering removing the sandbed in the move and just going Bare bottom. Havent decided yet.

Good luck with the clam! I want one so bad but dont feel like now is a good time.

I will definitely hit him up. He has a lot of blue it looks like in his ads and i would love some blue haha

Good luck with the radion! i hear good things about them, just be careful not to bleach the coral you have. Less is more in this aspect ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Radion hung. Working out a plan to run the cord through the wall still.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Added 4 baby Jawbreaker Mushrooms. Tough to get a good photo with the placement

DSC_0020.jpg

New Clam

DSC_0016.jpg

Overhead. Running outta space!

DSC_0014.jpg

Ice Blue Lept

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0007_1.jpg

JoL Lepto

DSC_0003.jpg

SPS rock

DSC_0005.jpg

FTS

DSC_0011.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

Whew,looking awesome man. You liking the Radion so far ?

Thanks. Its definitely filling up.

So far I really like it. Moving from a Kessil I was nervous about disco effect. I havent noticed any of it and I'm impressed with the light blend.

I'm trying to figure out the schedule and intensity still. A lot of polyps that were getting light before are suddenly getting it with the new spread. I don't want to shock those areas.

Reefkid88

Does coral snow really work that well ? Ive wanted to use it in my build but i didnt know if there was a certain gallonage you had to use it in.

• Like 1

Does coral snow really work that well ? Ive wanted to use it in my build but i didnt know if there was a certain gallonage you had to use it in.

It does. Give it 24 hours and it'll be crystal clear water. I'm always skeptical of additives. Coral snow is legit

• 2 weeks later...
Sk8n Reefer

Tanks looking great- love that last fish shot ? Coral snow- you mean the KZ product and not the bright well food - correct?How often are you using it?

• Like 1

Tanks looking great- love that last fish shot Coral snow- you mean the KZ product and not the bright well food - correct?How often are you using it?

Correct, KZ. I use it every other week. Usually when I give the sand a good stirring and feel that there could be some extra nasty in the water.

Caution - I run without a skimmer. I have heard that you have to turn a skimmer off if this stuff is present. It'll drive insane foaming. I'd hate to see you up against another skimmer issue.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Correct, KZ. I use it every other week. Usually when I give the sand a good stirring and feel that there could be some extra nasty in the water.

Caution - I run without a skimmer. I have heard that you have to turn a skimmer off if this stuff is present. It'll drive insane foaming. I'd hate to see you up against another skimmer issue.

Ha, to late- check my latest post- my Nyos 400.00 skimmer is on the fritz- same settings and tried all adjustments and its blasting bubbles out the outlet- so frustrating. I am ready to send it back

Ha, to late- check my latest post- my Nyos 400.00 skimmer is on the fritz- same settings and tried all adjustments and its blasting bubbles out the outlet- so frustrating. I am ready to send it back

Man... you can't catch a break right now.

• Like 1

Swapped the Setosa and Greens Birdsnest to have contrasting colors near eachother on the SPS Rock.

Quick cell pic. Tank is too dirty for a close up. I'll post better pics tomorrow.

20160518_201503.jpg

• Like 3

Tank is dirty but decided to get the camera out anyway. Thanks for looking

67D75ED3-5A34-4447-8E7D-87D96658267C.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Red Plant has encrusted for-ev-er... It's sending up new sticks and is about to explode with growth..while murdering everything around it.

DSC_0042.jpg

• Like 2

2 out of 4 of my Jawbreakers were shaded for a couple days. I am surprised at how quickly they lost color. Good news is they are slowly regaining.

DSC_0059.jpg