Cultivated Reef

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

HarryPotter

It's ok Kim I'm Pat and I have a problem,friggin miss kat and markalot got me sps crazed right now,and ive always got an eye for zoas ....thanks lawn. ;p

It's okay Pat I'm Harry and I have a problem, friggin clam crazed right now, and I've always had an eye for Acros and LPS... Thanks NanoReef :P

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's okay Pat I'm Harry and I have a problem, friggin clam crazed right now, and I've always had an eye for Acros and LPS... Thanks NanoReef :P

We are all full aware of your addiction Harry hahaha you're a busy cat my friend,keep up the good work :)

Couple more RFA's on this tank and I will have to slow down. Then start collecting acans.

Want a clam too, but that needs to wait till this tank is a little more established.

Couple more RFA's on this tank and I will have to slow down. Then start collecting acans.

Want a clam too, but that needs to wait till this tank is a little more established.

I want a clam too,however I have a cherub pygmy, and she's a good little fish,havent witnessed any coral nipping (knock on wood ) I don't wanna tempt fate lol

That's awesome! Got pictures? When's arrival?

If flickr would cooperate I would post a pic... :angry:

I think my network just doesn't like flikr all the time...

19110587602_3765293bd0.jpg

LFS might be getting in a PSW next week. They apparently just sold one a few days ago, so I just missed it.

Now, I'm careful about where I get my fish from, and this LFS had really dirty looking tanks. I'm thinking I might want to quarantine this guy if I get him, since by baby clown was rather expensive (to me).

Putting together a list of what I'll need: 5gal tank, aquaclear filter/pump, light, heater, pvc hidey hole.

Now, once I get the qt tank set up, what does a typical cleaning schedule look like? Do I do water changes every week like a normal tank, or do they have to be more frequent?

That's exciting...I hope they get one next week! Your new RFAs sure are pretty :wub:.

Can I take my QT tank, set it up with a filter, light, heater... and then stick these dumb xenia frags in there for holding until I can get rid of them?

Lets say, I get my QT tank set up this weekend, and put the 5 xenia in there, so now it's a frag tank. Then it takes another week or two for the PSW to come in. I would then want to "quarantine" the fish for 3-4 weeks before adding to my display. Maybe in that time I can get rid of the xenia, maybe not... Do I risk infecting the coral with something?

Does that work? Does that make sense? This xenia is taking up prime real estate!!

Last testing I did was about a month ago on 5/27.

Item 5/27 6/24

Alk 6.0 8.2

Ca 430 350

Mg 1380 1200

Nit 0 5

Ph -- 8.4

SG: 1.025

Temp: 79

Seems water changes alone aren't keeping my calcium up.

18946414558_38bf8d4068.jpg

Look at that glow!!

Last testing I did was about a month ago on 5/27.

Item 5/27 6/24

Alk 6.0 8.2

Ca 430 350

Mg 1380 1200

Nit 0 5

Ph -- 8.4

SG: 1.025

Temp: 79

Seems water changes alone aren't keeping my calcium up.

18946414558_38bf8d4068.jpg

Look at that glow!!

Like a broccoli glowstick!

Like a broccoli glowstick!

What's fun is that the mother colony is a pale purple! It's really cool to see how it's changing under the nanobox!!

What's fun is that the mother colony is a pale purple! It's really cool to see how it's changing under the nanobox!!

I'm pretty darn excited to get my nanobox here soon. I think Dave said he's putting pics up tomorrow. I'm glad its rendering colors nicely for you!

HarryPotter

Can I take my QT tank, set it up with a filter, light, heater... and then stick these dumb xenia frags in there for holding until I can get rid of them?

Lets say, I get my QT tank set up this weekend, and put the 5 xenia in there, so now it's a frag tank. Then it takes another week or two for the PSW to come in. I would then want to "quarantine" the fish for 3-4 weeks before adding to my display. Maybe in that time I can get rid of the xenia, maybe not... Do I risk infecting the coral with something?

Does that work? Does that make sense? This xenia is taking up prime real estate!!

Hmmmm.. Well if you have coral in there you trash the ability to use most fish medications. Might hold off while it's a quarantine, and in the future make it a holding/frag

Hmmmm.. Well if you have coral in there you trash the ability to use most fish medications. Might hold off while it's a quarantine, and in the future make it a holding/frag

Derrrr... Smart you are...

HarryPotter

Derrrr... Smart you are...

Like copper is amazing for siCk fish (instant cure for ich IMO) but will kill coral immediately

jedimasterben

Like copper is amazing for siCk fish (instant cure for ich IMO) but will kill coral immediately

It's not an 'instant cure' and it also won't kill corals immediately, but prolonged exposure to elevated levels can.

You're in Springfield right? Once my car gets fixed (hopefully this week) I'm down for a road trip to visit. Why are you getting rid of her? PM me with details and what price you're asking for. :)

I am in Springfield. I'm actually only getting rid of her since she can get rather big in my tank and I think she'd be much happier with a tank she can spread out a little in. She has been very well behaved, only moved about 2 inches from where I originally put her. :happy: Yay roadtrip! I just got back from a funeral so I'm catching up on forum posts!

I am in Springfield. I'm actually only getting rid of her since she can get rather big in my tank and I think she'd be much happier with a tank she can spread out a little in. She has been very well behaved, only moved about 2 inches from where I originally put her. :happy: Yay roadtrip! I just got back from a funeral so I'm catching up on forum posts!

Sorry for your loss... :grouphug:

I'll talk to the BF about a road trip, and perhaps a friend or two down there. As long as you don't mind holding on to her for a bit longer, I should be able to make it down by the end of July! How much do you want for her?

Archived