inTank Media Baskets

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new BF is an electrical engineer. I'm wondering if I can get him to build a small fuge light for me. I don't like the look of what I've found for sale online, and Dave's beams are a little more than I wanted to spend.

Any idea where I can get some info so I can put together a parts list and figure out cost?

May 27th:

18148915494_d987f4c945.jpg

June 12th:

18150899493_5149753e63.jpg

I know the second picture is overall darker, but the GREEN!! Means it's happy and growing and should start to show more noticeable growth soon!!

Anyone want a frag or colony of this guy???

LFS might be getting in a PSW next week. They apparently just sold one a few days ago, so I just missed it.

Now, I'm careful about where I get my fish from, and this LFS had really dirty looking tanks. I'm thinking I might want to quarantine this guy if I get him, since by baby clown was rather expensive (to me).

Putting together a list of what I'll need: 5gal tank, aquaclear filter/pump, light, heater, pvc hidey hole.

Now, once I get the qt tank set up, what does a typical cleaning schedule look like? Do I do water changes every week like a normal tank, or do they have to be more frequent?

May 27th:

18148915494_d987f4c945.jpg

June 12th:

18150899493_5149753e63.jpg

I know the second picture is overall darker, but the GREEN!! Means it's happy and growing and should start to show more noticeable growth soon!!

Anyone want a frag or colony of this guy???

These frags are adorable! They look happy in there :happy:

Putting together a list of what I'll need: 5gal tank, aquaclear filter/pump, light, heater, pvc hidey hole.

Now, once I get the qt tank set up, what does a typical cleaning schedule look like? Do I do water changes every week like a normal tank, or do they have to be more frequent?

Are you going to prophylactically treat for anything? Do you have some media from your current tank(s) to stick in for bio filtration?

When I was qt'ing my guys, I treated for ich & flukes since both are common. PraziPro is supposed to go in for...it's somewhere between 5 days & a week, can't remember for sure. So yea, I got one of those Seachem ammonia alert badges since I was using their Cupramine too, did water change once a week, no issue.

Are you going to prophylactically treat for anything? Do you have some media from your current tank(s) to stick in for bio filtration?

When I was qt'ing my guys, I treated for ich & flukes since both are common. PraziPro is supposed to go in for...it's somewhere between 5 days & a week, can't remember for sure. So yea, I got one of those Seachem ammonia alert badges since I was using their Cupramine too, did water change once a week, no issue.

I have prazipro already from flukes I treated a few months ago. But it depends how their set up looks when I go in to pick up my new fish. If it's really bad in there, I won't bring anything home.

I've got a filter and heater on order. Will pick up a tank and lid tonight. I have a light and littler thermometer I can use. And I'm sure my BF has a small piece of PVC I can have. What are my options for bio filtration? Old filter floss, some rubble? Handful of sand?

jedimasterben

LFS might be getting in a PSW next week. They apparently just sold one a few days ago, so I just missed it.

Now, I'm careful about where I get my fish from, and this LFS had really dirty looking tanks. I'm thinking I might want to quarantine this guy if I get him, since by baby clown was rather expensive (to me).

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/quarantining-marine-fish-made-simple

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/this-is-my-fish-medicine-cabinet

Kimberlee-still need a fuge light? How big is your fuge?

Yes-ish. I was hoping for something the size if a post-it-note (3x3x1) or smaller. I have a little battery operated push light, I'm hoping my BF can wire to be plug-in. The batteries won't even last a full night...

You have something in mind?

HarryPotter

Yes-ish. I was hoping for something the size if a post-it-note (3x3x1) or smaller. I have a little battery operated push light, I'm hoping my BF can wire to be plug-in. The batteries won't even last a full night...

You have something in mind?

I have a like new EcoExotic Stunner strip with power supply that I've been using- works great. I'm upgrading to a JBJ Nano-Glo, so will out that up FS this week

I have a like new EcoExotic Stunner strip with power supply that I've been using- works great. I'm upgrading to a JBJ Nano-Glo, so will out that up FS this week

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!

And now I've taken to ebay to hunt down RFA's.

My name is Kim, and I have a problem.

Any particular kind you're looking for? I have a white/green one that I'm planning on removing from my tank soon.

Any particular kind you're looking for? I have a white/green one that I'm planning on removing from my tank soon.

Nope, just happy healthy and colorful! Let me know when you're ready to rehome it and we can talk!!

Nope, just happy healthy and colorful! Let me know when you're ready to rehome it and we can talk!!

Its good to go anytime. I should mention that I know it is a female, I have watched it release eggs! :o

let me know if you find a good vendor =). too bad most of the LFS around here dont carry the really nice ones.

Its good to go anytime. I should mention that I know it is a female, I have watched it release eggs! :o

You're in Springfield right? Once my car gets fixed (hopefully this week) I'm down for a road trip to visit. Why are you getting rid of her? PM me with details and what price you're asking for. :)

let me know if you find a good vendor =). too bad most of the LFS around here dont carry the really nice ones.

The 3 I got from KPA are beautiful and very healthy. Two or three times the size of the two I had gotten from Insane Coral - I won't get RFA's from that guy again... The only problem with KPA is they don't have a large variety, so I've got most of their colors now (I passed on the red and yellow ones).

13 hours till I (hopefully) win my auctions!!

It's ok Kim I'm Pat and I have a problem,friggin miss kat and markalot got me sps crazed right now,and ive always got an eye for zoas ....thanks lawn. ;p

Archived