Cultivated Reef

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kimberbee

I've already got a few corals on standby in tank #1 waiting to take new residence in tank #2 once I get my light up and running.

Next is to decide on fish!

I definitely want a Pink Streaked Wrasse, but have only seen one for sale locally in the past year, so I may have to purchase that one online. I also want another clownfish, this time an orange-y "designer" one. On the list of candidates are: picaso, snowflake, davinci, frostbite, black ice, or bullet hole. I like the look of a bright orange clown with plenty of white and black. Actually, the LFS had some ADORABLE tiny clowns that were labeled as "swirl clownfish" - if my tank had a light I would have brought one home with me this past weekend!

So I'm wondering if I need to plan out what order I want them in? I am thinking I would do a max of 4 fish in this tank - PSW, clown, clown goby, and maybe another tailspot blenny (or something equally small). Any input on if these guys should go into the tank in any particular order?

With those guys I don't think the order would really matter, but if I had to say: clown goby, psw, clown, tsb.

Unless I just got a particularly jerky one, my tsb is definitely the most territorial. He still won't let the poor yasha come out of his hole.

cnseekatz

As long as it's not this kind of bug:

23PMJsg.jpg

That clock better be about the size of a quarter... Gooo!

I've already got a few corals on standby in tank #1 waiting to take new residence in tank #2 once I get my light up and running.

Next is to decide on fish!

I definitely want a Pink Streaked Wrasse, but have only seen one for sale locally in the past year, so I may have to purchase that one online. I also want another clownfish, this time an orange-y "designer" one. On the list of candidates are: picaso, snowflake, davinci, frostbite, black ice, or bullet hole. I like the look of a bright orange clown with plenty of white and black. Actually, the LFS had some ADORABLE tiny clowns that were labeled as "swirl clownfish" - if my tank had a light I would have brought one home with me this past weekend!

So I'm wondering if I need to plan out what order I want them in? I am thinking I would do a max of 4 fish in this tank - PSW, clown, clown goby, and maybe another tailspot blenny (or something equally small). Any input on if these guys should go into the tank in any particular order?

Haven't had a TSB, but I'd say clown last. Unless, do you already have a clown that's going in here? Then again, if it's a young clown I don't think it'd be as aggressive as say an adult female that's used to being bossy.

Re: evap, yea I have acrylic/lexan over my tank but it's super thin and warps every other day so I have to flip them over. My old 14 had a thick lid, I think an inch thick, and even that showed minor signs of warp from the heat.

kimberbee

I added a few things today even though I don't have my light yet. I figured, the pieces I put in would likely die in my BC anyway, so why not give it a try and see what might survive?

2 starfish that were on my media basket when I pulled it out to change my carbon:

17209924958_041423e3cb.jpg

17371740276_3533984edf.jpg

Tiny piece of colt coral that bailed from it's mom in the BC:

17210133870_4ef583ba20.jpg

Tiny piece of unidentified acro:

17371738906_6dc9b3c1f4.jpg

Piece of GSP cause I have TONS of it:

17210132420_da09e45344.jpg

Ditto for the xenia. If this survives, I'll just give it away:

17397345921_fb75b16563.jpg

FTS!!

17397348811_985b72ce92_z.jpgWP_20150506_013 by kimothy182, on Flickr

I also threw in a two golf ball sized pieces of live rubble from the BC as well as 1/4 cube of frozen food.

The xenia had to be moved back to the biocube. The teeny colt coral still managed to bail off the superglue rock and I have no idea where it went. At this point it's smaller than a pinky nail so it's odds of survival are slim. GSP is open and wavy so that's good. I can easily cut up small quarter sized frags to give away if there are any takers.

I have TONS of bugs on the glass which makes me VERY happy. Still no light which makes me unhappy. <_<

There's a light brown-ish "stuff" growing on my rocks which I think may be diatoms. It has a fuzzy look but does not blow away with a baster. The starfish I put in my tank last water change is still kicking and since the GSP is alive, I'm thinking I'm probably good to add my CUC, but I'm not sure if my temp light is sufficient.

I will make sure to test the water this week to find out for sure!

I'd wait a bit before adding CUC, everything still looks very very clean. Also only some inverts consume diatoms according to John Maloneys description on his critters.

I'd wait a bit before adding CUC, everything still looks very very clean. Also only some inverts consume diatoms according to John Maloneys description on his critters.

Got it. Looks pretty clean to me too. I'm just very anxious to get things started! I'm very likely going to order from Reef Cleaners and use that extras John sends to beef up the CUC fro my biocube. I'm down to 2 turbos, 4 hermits, and many collonista snails.

LOVE that rockscape. I can't wait to see what you have planned :)

I can't wait to start adding corals and fish!!

WOOOOHOOOO :happydance:.

I've been dying to see it!!!! Pretty color too :).

Dave still needs to send out my decals. But I'm so happy I have it now!

Diatoms are really popping up now, time to get a clean up crew!

Dave still needs to send out my decals. But I'm so happy I have it now!

Diatoms are really popping up now, time to get a clean up crew!

I thought I remembered you saying something about a sun? Can't wait to see the decals :D.

I thought I remembered you saying something about a sun? Can't wait to see the decals :D.

I got something different. Still a surprise. ;)

I REALLY REALLY want to go out to my LFS and grab a clown hoping they still have the adorable little ones still there from two weeks ago. PATIENCE KIMBER!!

Welp... cuc ordered. I just couldn't wait. Plus, there is a lull in the heat this week, so I figured it's probably a good time to place an order online since local places don't seem to have sweet prices like ReefCleaners does!

HarryPotter

Welp... cuc ordered. I just couldn't wait. Plus, there is a lull in the heat this week, so I figured it's probably a good time to place an order online since local places don't seem to have sweet prices like ReefCleaners does!

ReefCleaners I hope! Did you get the hermits too or just the snail package?

ReefCleaners I hope! Did you get the hermits too or just the snail package?

Snails only! My hermits like to steal food from my corals in my biocube and seeing as I plan on lots of acans and RFA's in this tank I think it's best to not have hermits!!

HarryPotter

Friends don't let friends have crabs.

winkyface

Friends don't give friends crabs.

DoubleWinkyFace

Blink up between my android tablet and bluefish mini is failing. I'm not sure how I'm messing this up or what I need to do differently...

Borrowed a co-workers iPhone at work to get my Bluefish connected to my android tablet. Hopefully when I bring it home it'll still work just fine!

SpencerShepard

Blink up between my android tablet and bluefish mini is failing. I'm not sure how I'm messing this up or what I need to do differently...

Borrowed a co-workers iPhone at work to get my Bluefish connected to my android tablet. Hopefully when I bring it home it'll still work just fine!

If you have trouble with BlinkUp on Android, try turning off Power Saving and turn your screen brightness all the way up.

jedimasterben

If you have trouble with BlinkUp on Android, try turning off Power Saving and turn your screen brightness all the way up.

On Samsung phones that doesn't always work :)

Archived