inTank Media Baskets

Kimber's Fusion 20: RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. You have awesome water where you are. My tap here is over 500ppm.

Ew, gross!

I'll check again at my apartment to see what my Brita filter is putting out!

Found my tank and stand at a LFS!!

:happydance:

He gave me a great price, and I took home his display stand, so I don't have to put it together myself!

He gave me a great price, and I took home his display stand, so I don't have to put it together myself!

YAY!!!!!

Finally :happydance:

omgomgomg tank! omgomgomg and an already setup stand?!? omgomgomg

Nice :D

Pics puhleassssseeeee

I would love to get pics up, however, the stand and tank (still in box) are just in the middle of my living room.

I need to 1. get things into position and 2. leak test the tank somehow...

I think I'll have to wait to leak test the tank until the weekend, when I can put it in the bathtub for almost 2 days.

Light and ro/di unit should be arriving this week. Next, I'll have to go out and get some sand!

I would be hesitant putting it in the bathtub, unless your tub has a perfectly flat bottom. If it's curved/sloped like mine, it will create uneven pressure points on the tank, which could lead to seam failure down the road. For a 20G tank, you could probably leak test it on the kitchen counter or setup the stand and tank in the kitchen (that's what I did).

I would be hesitant putting it in the bathtub, unless your tub has a perfectly flat bottom. If it's curved/sloped like mine, it will create uneven pressure points on the tank, which could lead to seam failure down the road. For a 20G tank, you could probably leak test it on the kitchen counter or setup the stand and tank in the kitchen (that's what I did).

That's what I was thinking about the tub. I was also thinking of putting two buckets upside down with a board on top. But then I'm not sure how stable the buckets would be because again, the curves of the tub.

Kitchen is probably the best bet, with towels thrown all over the floor just in case. Maybe I can take my Christmas tree out of it's large tupperware and set the tank inside? I'll have to see what I have that is sturdy, flat, and stable!

If the concern is a potential leak ruining the stand you could always get a plastic drop cloth from a hardware store to cover it. Heck, you could put that on the floor and make a wall of towels around it. Short of the entire tank exploding, a few towels should be able to handle a leak.

If the concern is a potential leak ruining the stand could always get a plastic drop cloth from a hardware store to cover it. Heck, you could put that on the floor and make a wall of towels around it. Short of the entire tank exploding, a few towels should be able to handle a leak.

Probably isn't likely the whole thing with exploede, huh? ;)

Guess I don't have to be crazy careful...

Got the stand in place...

17060776521_2f674fe7e4.jpg

And the tank running with water...

17035563196_615ca95c1f.jpg

What I did not anticipate was my cat knocking over my water bucket while I wasn't looking. 2 gallons of water all over the kitchen floor... <_<

What I did not anticipate was my cat knocking over my water bucket while I wasn't looking. 2 gallons of water all over the kitchen floor... <_<

At least he didn't jump into the tank :lol:

I need to take a break for a while. Some personal issues are interfering with my work and quality of life. I need to make sure that I’ve got everything sorted out before I can come back. I’ll still keep my tanks up (try to) and hopefully it won’t be too long before I’m back with pics.

I need to take a break for a while. Some personal issues are interfering with my work and quality of life. I need to make sure that I’ve got everything sorted out before I can come back. I’ll still keep my tanks up (try to) and hopefully it won’t be too long before I’m back with pics.

Good luck.

Take care of yourself! We will be here.

:grouphug: we'll be here :)

Glad it was a quick break. Welcome back :grouphug:

Thanks, I'm a bit embarrassed by it all, but I honestly was not functioning like a normal human being yesterday.

I desperately need groceries and to do a water change on my tank today. No time for being mopey, I gotta take care of things!

Archived