ReefCleaners.org

20 Gallon Starter

righttirefire

• 2 weeks later...
righttirefire

I screwed up today! I decided to cut the hole in my overflow for a true overflow... I cut 1 level too high. And hate that my food now floods into my filter sock... I prefered the holes and the surface floaties... so build another 20? Or repair my current tank. It's time for a house and my dream systems.

• Like 1
righttirefire

20150629_171902_zpsuomgndky.jpg

Cruised a LFS today. Was hoping to bulk up my CUC, but I guess it's time to call John at reef cleaners

20150629_171859_zpsntaaddzw.jpg

Harry has me wanting. The littlest one was about 1" the biggest pictured about 3" $65-90. Ouch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
righttirefire

20150815_125448_zps85v4ximj.jpg

I'm still alive. The tank is fine. Life has been going. I have over 3100 notifications. Maintained has suffered a little. But everything is happy. New additions, frogspawn. Some cuc. The anemone is hosting the clown. But the clown isn't feeding the anemone. I've been fighting with anemone and need to let it settle again. It's been walking nightly

• 2 weeks later...
righttirefire

I've finally caught up on everyone's thread I follow. Been increasing my maintance to get my algae under control again. Hopefully my green BTA will settle in. Hasn't moved in a couple days since it's trip over the powerhead. And into the overflow box against the return drain guard. Plus I added another monster...

charnelhouse

I've finally caught up on everyone's thread I follow. Been increasing my maintance to get my algae under control again. Hopefully my green BTA will settle in. Hasn't moved in a couple days since it's trip over the powerhead. And into the overflow box against the return drain guard. Plus I added another monster...

The RBTA?

righttirefire

Exactly 20150821_182218_zpsbi0ruowm.jpg

I've wanted a rose since I got my green. I originally got a green because I thought the orange of a clown would clash beautifully. Which I feel I'm right about. So I've been window shopping roses but nothing impressed me until this. I believe the MH over my LFS frag tanks are 20k. But still arguibly the most beautiful one I've seen. It not so amazing under my leds

righttirefire

Thank you. I'm thinking something in the 10 gallon size ato... trying rock flowers. I like the pretty stuff, the old lady likes fish... it might be the wedge that separates us!

Thank you. I'm thinking something in the 10 gallon size ato... trying rock flowers. I like the pretty stuff, the old lady likes fish... it might be the wedge that separates us!

Haha you want to put a freshwater fish in your ATO container? Sounds cool! :)

Why not both? In a 10g get a clown and RFAs, or a shrimp/goby combo with RFAs

righttirefire

Shrimp goby pair and rfa. I have a 5 gallon fresh on my night stand... dirty dreams of converting it. But the soul resident might have an issue

Keep your trashy thoughts of a fish out of my ato... I enjoyed freshwater. But reef has been so much more rewarding to me

• Like 1
righttirefire

20150828_194008_zpsna8hsgau.jpg

Well against the SPS queen, metrokat, advice I'm trying some sps with a ycg. I researches it myself and found plenty of accounts of ycg stressing/eating and ultimately killing sps corals. As of 24 hours the ycg is indifferent to the sps. I hope it remains a model citizen. Ycg likes it's acans and assorted other perches

righttirefire

So here's the proof!

20150830_163303_zpssenzvhg1.jpg

I have no idea why it has 0 extension. 30 minutes ago it was huge. Took a homework break to look at the tank. But you can see the separation.

My new sps... honestly the only thing I know is patience. I really like the purple of the polyps on the BOP nest, but color is never the same in my tank. But the extension is nice.

20150830_163342_zps42xki9p5.jpg

The pink skin doesn't come through well

20150830_163351_zpslvk6ljkn.jpg

Both these were under a Kessil a360 in a shallow frag tank. They're a little "deeper" in my tank and I never bet on corals until they've had a month to settle.

• Like 1
charnelhouse

Keep the goby well fed and I highly doubt he'll ever notice there are polyps to eat....

My Citron hunts and eats pods constantly, I don't have any SPS but he perches in a sinularia and spends his free time assassinating tiny crustaceans :D .

righttirefire

Well, so much trying sps. I got a "special" sps starter pack from my favorite LFS...

20150904_182244_zpsupe2ic1a.jpg

I started the day 2 birdsnest... I rushed to get a pic before my lights shut off for the day.

Left to right:

Pink birdsnest, mystery encrusting orange flesh and polyps, green on green acro (polyps like a milli), purple tip white flesh acro (I don't remember the polyp color), purple digi, birds of paradise birdsnest, branching monti lime green or yellow flesh and green polyps.

Let the adventure begin. A little piece of epoxy hold down all frags.

• Like 1
righttirefire

My 2 "mystery" acros aren't doing too well.

20150907_105817_zpsouyxptnj.jpg

I'm no expert but I think this is a milli, it gets a little PE at the end of the light cycle.

20150907_105810_zpsa0ksxbfw.jpg

This was a beautiful colony at the LFS. But it's never shown any PE, 2 days.

Both these were "freebies" were agreed on 3 frags for a price, $40, and he wanted me to have these so, "because I like you, try these"

• 3 weeks later...

I you are still using the Fuval reef LED that could be your culprit with the SPS. I had that light on my 20L for 6 months and did not get good color or results with my corals. I still use it on my dirty zoa tank, but i went with a much better light for my main tank and my SPS are flourishing now.