Top Shelf Aquatics

20 Gallon Starter

righttirefire

righttirefire

I hat those ####### yellow gobies.........I had one at it was polyp nipper on my SPS.......

Mine is a prince... complete angel. And amber would kill me if anything happened to it

Mine is a prince... complete angel. And amber would kill me if anything happened to it

Yeah I was ready to toss mine......

Hell I caught my lawnmower munching on my FF Digi the other day..........

righttirefire

20151224_214755_zpsy02kquht.jpg

Too many frags I guess... the rack won't stay...

20151224_214818_zpsoykjxipw.jpg

New frag. The red polyps with with slant green mouth. Yellow polyps. And purple polyps. All seem alright after fragging

• Like 2
righttirefire

Continuing to ramp up the quad. Nothing but dirty glass. Looking at seperating my Euphyllias as much as they don't "sting" each my awesome little purple hammer that is splitting into 3 heads still looks rough. It used to be huge!

20150902_175915_zpstbrv4hhz.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
righttirefire

So much for long term stability... fortunately, yeah there is nothing fortunate about this.

20160122_095127_zpslpnjbyhq.jpg

It must have been Wednesday night when I noticed the bare skeleton at the base of the lower right branch against the trunk. Ran my parameter, and mag and cal tanked.

Salinity - 1.025

Temp - 76*F

Mg - 1260

Ca - 340

dKH - 7.2

No3 - undetectable

Po4 - 0.02

Looking back at my log it's been falling since 12/18. I was hoping it'd settle I continued my typical 5 gallon water change with the same salt. 2 weeks ago, I switched from my LFS water to my own RODI but kept with the KENT salt.

Fresh mixed, 24hours, Kent salt

Salinity - 1.025

Temp - 78*F

Mg - 1400

Ca - 515

dKH - 7.2

righttirefire

Maybe a FTS 012416

20160124_124832_zpsikolh2ea.jpg

And the wanderer is looking like shit after its last weekend trip into the mp10. It finally moved out of the shadows and has been expelling a lot of waste

20160124_124843_zpsqtsjegf8.jpg

• Like 3
righttirefire

012016 - Prewater change

Mg: 1280

Ca: 360

dKH: 6.9

So to combat the falling levels. I changed to a 10 gallon water change.

Mg: 1360

Ca: 410

dKH: 6.9

Dosed Seachem Reef Builder - 8oz tank water and 1/2 tsp, 1 oz.

Current dKH: 6.5

Fantastic still falling. Dosed 4 oz of the Seachem Reef builder. Will check again tomorrow... hand dosing is becoming key

One a better note, some corals are looking better. Week 10 of light intensity increase.

Current nanobox quad levels, storm controller

Ch1 - White - 58

Ch2 - Royal - 115

Ch3 - Violet - 115

Ch4 - Cyan - 102

2.5% weekly increase.

• Like 1
righttirefire

Too much beautiful coralline algea on my back wall... just dosed again.

At least you test.....I am just to lazy :lol: Maybe I should pick up a Hannah Meter........

Love my Hannah alk... Thinking about trying salifert or more hannah... for Mg and Ca... the red sea is fine.but it's almost out

Love my Hannah alk... Thinking about trying salifert or more hannah... for Mg and Ca... the red sea is fine.but it's almost out

Hanna Alk and Po4 are good... Ca has TERRIBLE reviews. I would go salifert for Mg/Ca.

Yep I have the Red Sea it works but kind of funky with all the crap you have to do......

Maybe order one next time I need to hit that magic number for free shipping :lol: spend an extra 40 to save 10 :blink:

• Like 1