Coral Vue Hydros

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Those are some nice pictures from a phone camera. Nice tank BTW.

Thanks!

If you( or anyone else) knows of a decent priced camera to use for this stuff, HMU. I just know ziltch about cameras n shiz.....want better PICS( macro ability)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's your budget?

None really, just want to keep it as reasonable as possible and still get good macro shots.

Also, to people following, new LawnClippings Box coming , woot woot!

None really, just want to keep it as reasonable as possible and still get good macro shots.

Lawn clippings rock

Nice! Any nems?

Makes it uneven.

If you need a filler let me know! You guys playing for frags? :)

Canon t5i is what I got and is great! Get the body on b&h and then snag a nice used lens off eBay. Can't go wrong!

If you need a filler let me know! You guys playing for frags? :)

Canon t5i is what I got and is great! Get the body on b&h and then snag a nice used lens off eBay. Can't go wrong!

You can snag my spot if you want Nano. I'll look up that camera. Thanks!

Gah, I should be enjoying Friday and the weekend, all I can think about is Wednesday and getting my LAwnClippings from Lawnman

Thanks! That seems like a good deal, I just know nothing about cameras....

It's a decent deal if you are looking for a beginner DSLR. You may find the body + 18-55mm lens for even cheaper used on craigslist. D3200, D3300 are Nikon's entry level DSLRs. For Canon, the T4i, T5i is good.

It's a decent deal if you are looking for a beginner DSLR. You may find the body + 18-55mm lens for even cheaper used on craigslist. D3200, D3300 are Nikon's entry level DSLRs. For Canon, the T4i, T5i is good.

Ok, awesome, that info helps a lot! Ill look into these models!

In other news......drooooooooooooool. My Pagoda Cup is one of my favorite corals, and this one...

http://www.tidalgardens.com/coral/lps/scroll-corals-turbinaria/highlighter-yellow-scroll-coral-wysiwyg1.html

Checking that Canon out now! Thanks B!

I have a cannon t4i and I :wub: it!

Water change/ maintenance day, finished a 10 gallon WC and glass cleaning. I use a 1/4" ID hose to drain the water 5 gallons at a time, allows me to clean glass and stuffz while the water drains slowly.

Fragged a few zoas, moved some corals that weren't happy( mainly Zoas) to prep for the LAWN- pocalypse due to arrive Wednesday :naughtydance:omgomgomg
Time to feed and relax!

I figured I would review this product quickly just in case someone sees this before they buy. I was super excited to snag a couple of these checkers for my tank, who doesn't want easy, digital results, right? So I picked up the Alkalinity and Calcium checkers from Hanna. The Alk checker was used, the regent was even out of date, but it checked in line with my analog kits @ 9.5-10.0dKH. Cool! So I broke out the brand new calcium checker( which I might add has regents that are still good for over another year according to the exp. date), the first test read a blinking 600( indicates that the calcium levels were outside the readable 600ppm.... :huh:

I figured I did something wrong, so after a bit of research, I found out you have to be very meticulous when testing with this kit. Every measurement must be EXACT. Hmmm, I am ridiculously methodical when I measure and test my water. I tried around 5-6 more times. I was using RO/DI water, measuring 00TDS, good water by all standards. Hanna sells fancy deionized water, but it was pricey and I read RO/DI works fine if it is 100% pure. Every time I tested I got a blinking 600, or a range of 500ppm. A few times I even got a blinking 200. At this point I was frustrated and contacted Hanna. They sent me free deionized water and a nicer syringe for measuring ease. It arrived last night, I was very excited to try it out. Welp, 10 tests later, trying everything I could think of, and 541-600ppm readings. Analog tests read @ 420-430 range.

So, this is the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on in this hobby. A little research shows that Hanna has always had a crap checker for calcium. So, do NOT buy this thing, it is absolute garbage. I am very disappointed at how horrible it ended up being, I will probably never buy from them again. :angry:

Well, well, well.....look who decided to stop being a poutty little bitch and join the rest of the tank...

517CAEB3-4F1A-421D-B3B0-E591A2C9E69C.jpg

6EFF9710-F92E-4059-ABFB-8F4FAE932E18.jpg

and of course FTS cause I can

A19C5287-010B-4BEB-94F2-69DE7347B808.jpg

I figured I would review this product quickly just in case someone sees this before they buy. I was super excited to snag a couple of these checkers for my tank, who doesn't want easy, digital results, right? So I picked up the Alkalinity and Calcium checkers from Hanna. The Alk checker was used, the regent was even out of date, but it checked in line with my analog kits @ 9.5-10.0dKH. Cool! So I broke out the brand new calcium checker( which I might add has regents that are still good for over another year according to the exp. date), the first test read a blinking 600( indicates that the calcium levels were outside the readable 600ppm.... :huh:

I figured I did something wrong, so after a bit of research, I found out you have to be very meticulous when testing with this kit. Every measurement must be EXACT. Hmmm, I am ridiculously methodical when I measure and test my water. I tried around 5-6 more times. I was using RO/DI water, measuring 00TDS, good water by all standards. Hanna sells fancy deionized water, but it was pricey and I read RO/DI works fine if it is 100% pure. Every time I tested I got a blinking 600, or a range of 500ppm. A few times I even got a blinking 200. At this point I was frustrated and contacted Hanna. They sent me free deionized water and a nicer syringe for measuring ease. It arrived last night, I was very excited to try it out. Welp, 10 tests later, trying everything I could think of, and 541-600ppm readings. Analog tests read @ 420-430 range.

So, this is the biggest piece of crap I have ever spent my money on in this hobby. A little research shows that Hanna has always had a crap checker for calcium. So, do NOT buy this thing, it is absolute garbage. I am very disappointed at how horrible it ended up being, I will probably never buy from them again. :angry:

Buyers remorse eh?

Buyers remorse eh?

You gave me a great deal, so that's awesome.... It's just a sub-par product that they know is crap and don't fix according to all the reading I did.

Lawnbox Arrived!

Included:

-Long Tentacle plate( doesn't take up the whole tank this time :lol: )

-Orange plate w/ Green tentacles

-2 Chalices

-Green and Purple Scroll coral(?) I think

-Orange Torch

16142992-1010-41FD-B503-CD49D5C5B364.jpg

08286A17-EC5A-48DE-B6CA-4B41B9F2FA82.jpg

Newly scaped Mushroom Island w/ Chalice:

C7E36351-78E5-4DE2-9452-58523F60FB50.jpg

63B2DAA7-CF4F-479B-AE2C-C14985507477.jpg

Scroll or Brain....Beautiful:

A2F6136E-35CA-414F-A873-6113D230F2B9.jpg

Orange Plate:

FF6C9207-95CF-429C-BD6A-6E31A95E021E.jpg

Mandy Photo BOMB! LOL

26086CFB-16D7-4C91-B4B8-54E0616C9166.jpg

Chalice #2

3FBEFF6D-84A9-40D6-895C-D71D59CEB387.jpg

not sure where to put these chalices, my other two are doing really well facing away from light at the bottom. Hoping the large piece on the far right mid way up will do well..... :unsure: The Teal and Red one is by the other Chalices, so I think it'll be ok.

LTP:Looked like some damage from shipping on some of the tentacles they've already recovered, and no tears in the flesh apparent...SHEW! :P

25F55630-6BE8-4D32-AFB4-E24E4EC49A17.jpg

New Torch, opening nicely! Probably going to have to move it of the Hulk Lepto....they are closer than I thought... :rolleyes:

Also another photo-bomb by mandy, :lol:

01470CDA-AAA8-4FB8-BFFA-76A55C4027F3.jpg

Extra Thanks to Lawnman for once again hooking me the FUDGE up! Great guy!

Archived