Cultivated Reef

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Bad day????Seems to me like it turned out to be a pretty good day! :lol:

Except one of my workers still snapped a circuit card that is tens of thousands of dollars(40k to be exact), lol....still have to deal with that tomorrow. <_<

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

Nah brother they'll have to deal with YOU tomorrow; )

Lol, they dealt with me today already... :lol:

Damn Rainbow Torte tips are still browned out. Don't get it, everything but the tips looks great, other SPS look amazing, hmmmmm. Wish this thing would recover, the body and growth are beautiful whiteish blue with multi colored polyps!

Steensj2004

haven't seen a FTS in awhile. get on it!

As Requested!Pics!

Sour Apple, Growing it's ass off:

CCAB1081-D18C-49EF-AB94-6BABE7757839.jpg

Not sure the name on this baby, but growing well and coloring back up nicely:

0FE3308C-3ACD-4BA0-BF22-B1F4A8C70B80.jpg

Birds Of Paradise Doing Work, Colors have deepened since I picked it up. Starting a growth tips too!:

42B89942-B165-432E-88C2-692F0CBC6020.jpg

Pano FTS:

552B36F7-802A-42A4-AFA2-AE3E12D33296.jpg

Normal FTS:

5D2644B8-40D9-470F-926E-739033085B7A.jpg

The center and center left need some corals, suggestions?

Future Upgrades planned:

Looking for a decent camera, for both reefing and personal use. Tired of effing around with this stupid Iphone!

2 New T5 Bulbs, considering (1) Geisemann AquaBlue Coral and (1) Geisemann Super Actinic this time. Testing this week for Levels, setting up Doser this weekend for test run. Also, considering, strongly a switch to all T5...... Oh, and looking for some 2-3" Pinwheel plates to fill in plate garden!

Steensj2004

Looks great! Everything looks very happy.

Thanks!

I have one Acro that isn't acting right. Great Polyp extension, but the tips browned out, and won't come back. All other SPS seems to be doing well, although patience and husbandry is the gameplan at this point. Hard part is waiting for things to grow out!

Steensj2004

how many fish you got in there now? thinking about adding any more?

for the center, maybe red gonipora? that purple plate is awesome

Thanks, it isn't that badass long tentacle, but she is pretty, eats like a horse too! Oooo, goni would be nice!

Currently Have for fish:

-Yellow Tang

-Talbot's Damsel

-Starry Night Blenny

-M/F Pair of MisBar Clowns

-Yellow Watchman Goby

The Clowns are going to a new home as soon as I take the time to fish them out. Bastards only were bought to host the nem, and it choose a retarded place to anchor itself, weak. If I get rid of them, I am considering a few more fish. Thought about replaceing the two Chromis my wife slaughtered with tap water... :lol: suggestions?

Steensj2004

no love for your mandarin? =P

for fish suggestions,

leopard wrasse

yellow coris wrasse

midas

pair of snowflake or picasso clowns

Awe shit, I forgot Mandy! lol.

No clowns, god I hate clowns,haha :lol:

Good suggestions on the Leopard and Corris, hmmmmm..... Have yellow in the tank, I like the idea of another wrasse. Also considered doing a screen top and putting another hawkfish( long nose) although my shrimp might disappear :o

Steensj2004

I really dig the huge purple plate in the center! Man, that is COOL!!

Thanks!

I plan to locate 2-3 small 2-3" plates( like the orange and green ones, and do a plate garden of sorts. The last 2-3 need to be super awesome though. Looking at several pinwheel plates!

Two Hanna Checkers coming tomorrow(Alkalinity/ Calcium)!!! Yay! Thanks Kat and some guy I don't know! :lol:

Steensj2004

Anemone is dying, srivaled to nothing, mouth open more than before, white kinda hanging out. WTF. Everything is fine, water is on point, damn, all the other corals are doing AWESOME!

Steensj2004

ITS AN INVESTMENT Steensj2004!

:eek::eek::scarry::scarry::rant::rant::wacko::blink:

#### that coral, worried and sad watching my nem die for no reason. I'll never own one this pretty again....

HarryPotter

#### that coral, worried and sad watching my nem die for no reason. I'll never own one this pretty again....

Man that stinks... You've sent pictures to LawnMan for a possible diagnosis?

Reefing sucks like that. You can be doing everything right and still have critters doing badly. Hope it recoveres :(

Your BTA is dead? Don't you dare blame it on my LTP.
Steensj2004

Your BTA is dead? Don't you dare blame it on my LTP.

IT seems to be getting worse and worse. The LTP is the only thing I can think of, may not have stung it, but was so large the Nem couldn't expand. I dunno. Mouth totally gaping, tentacles smaller than tic-tacs, a LOT of white showing near mouth, it hasn't melted yet. But looks worse than ever. Weird thing is it will try and open up in evenings??!

Can't get a god pic, but the little ####er is still solid on the rock, foot is holding. Dunno, whole mouth is inside out it looks like?

Archived