Cultivated Reef

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

A few pics, been keeping my hands out of the tank more, stopped messing with it too. Everything is looking better than ever, extension is great, and everything looks very healthy!

AFCFE4FE-DBC9-441B-86B1-F8AA3E69B51E_zps

10E91F30-AE0C-405E-AAD1-F24E5AF7E528_zps

Removed about a gallon bucket worth of macro from the fuge the other day during weekly water change. There is a LOT of that pick cotton candy algae Kat was talking about. Apparently, there is good export going on because algae is growing like crazy! Lots of pods running around as well!

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

Dat Nano-Hybrid doe....

B88CFEC0-B77E-45BE-9D13-19C5D62E7FCA_zps

Corals be like

sbcrack_zpszn1zbuct.jpg

On a side note, Sandy from Eshopps is going to send me some new heads to see if that fixes the doser issues, fingers crossed.

Steensj2004

Good growth on my Sour Apple:

A42CD596-9170-4B52-8D2E-28586F37712C_zps

Today:

557A2312-C0CB-44D5-A387-6291E737B0C1_zps

Not bad for about,what, two months. Tips lost some color but it's coming back

What was up with your doser ? Can I ask you is your pump one louder than pump 2? My first one was that way so my lfs ha e me new one and its same way lol.

Steensj2004

What was up with your doser ? Can I ask you is your pump one louder than pump 2? My first one was that way so my lfs ha e me new one and its same way lol.

Eshopps( Sandy) spoke with me on the phone the other day, she sent out two free, new heads the next day. They arrive today, waiting and watching the mailbox like a hawk.I hope it fixes the issue. Lawnman's doser is right on the money, fingers crossed. Both pumps are the same, no noise difference. They make noise but nothing unbearable.

Looking amazing! Hows the tang doing in your tank?

Thank you! Tang is doing great! He was very small when I bought him( about 2" now). Eats mt LFS homebrew food like a fiend, and eats algae off the clip. He is also a model citizen, always the center of attention when people come over to see the tank.

Steensj2004

47E224C2-D215-460E-BF37-F4B9E6043F78_zps

CC9A5648-AF5A-4F0D-A320-00D4C6EDDAD9_zps

3AA8719B-1AFD-4F08-8503-146C2BEB8576_zps

5911FFD7-16BC-4AB2-8D5E-12BADC25E04C_zps

7C509838-2EE2-44DB-8B25-C12AF70AD3FF_zps

77EFD2F9-20C0-4DC9-BBB8-BACEE458F002_zps

Lol maybe I'll contact them also about my issue.

Thanks guy

They are hard to get ahold of, but Sandy was very helpful. It is a nice unit, its a shame there is no way to calibrate the motors like on the more expensive ones. Frankly, for the cost it should be able to be calibrated. All it requires is the appropriate programming..... Does your doser add to much or to little?

Overflow not the best but works pretty decent overall price hard to beat. Best fish in Milwaukee should have in stock if don't have one lined up already. I can check if want

Overflow not the best but works pretty decent overall price hard to beat. Best fish in Milwaukee should have in stock if don't have one lined up already. I can check if want

This^

is there a better alternative shallow tank out there? Aquapros carry Deep Blue so I will probably have them order me one when I am ready.

Steensj2004

is there a better alternative shallow tank out there? Aquapros carry Deep Blue so I will probably have them order me one when I am ready.

Price VS quality, not that I know of. I love mine.

If I did it over, I'd do a overflow main and backup with the return hole, pipe the return over the back of the tank

Lol wish I could find little taller one id sell you mine :) last I heard the 34 was tuff size to get. Just keep in mind if can't get. Think was 230 last time I looked at it.

Hey Kat, you really want some of this cotton candy algae stuff? My friggin sump macro is tanking off like crazy, I could probably get you a chuck?

Missed your post - YES PLEASE!

Steensj2004

Missed your post - YES PLEASE!

I have a BUNCH of the cotton candy currently, But I have flatworms that for whatever reason, are completely secluded to only my refugium. Prolly don't wanna risk it.... :( sowy

Steensj2004

how you liking the Nanobox Hybrid? Trying to decide what light to use when I eventually get this tank. I am thinking Nanobox Hybrid or Quad or just two Kessil A160

Wouldn't trade this light for any other light on the market tbh. It does have a lot of wires, but if you're good at wire management, that doesn't matter. If you look back a few posts you'll see an example of growth, everything loves this light. I've had some issues with programming, as it seems to go dark sooner than I'd like, but it's my problem with the learning curve on the controller. I've spent literally zero time trying to figure it out. I run my blue channels at about 50% and the whites at about 35% now, everything is doing very well, lots of power. I also notice a massive decrease in shadowing with the T5/ LED combo.

Steensj2004

New corals, Pagoda Cup just opening up after being moved a hair. I have no idea how I have overlooked this so many times at my LFS!!:

EF5DE7DD-7930-4B7A-9938-44902F3C08C9_zps

Red People Eaters:

BDC54A69-E6E4-4139-8F71-FEFED4B78E33_zps

06B483A4-CDC1-4BA8-ACA1-97E37AED1795_zps

Favia, was looking a bit bad, but hopefull will jump back!

46C51586-8DB5-4A64-8B9B-62EA591447C7_zps

Archived