Innovative Marine Aquariums

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Markburns43

Man i read alot to catch up, first off that light is a monster and second im glad i read through ive been having bad extsnsion with my torches and i will be doing a black out as noted in early post to see if thats the cause. And i have the same feelings every time i put my hand in the tank, i work in the heating and airconditiong feild my hands get filthy contaminated, luckily nothing i think so far from oils and such. Very nice tank anyways.

Steensj2004

Man i read alot to catch up, first off that light is a monster and second im glad i read through ive been having bad extsnsion with my torches and i will be doing a black out as noted in early post to see if thats the cause. And i have the same feelings every time i put my hand in the tank, i work in the heating and airconditiong feild my hands get filthy contaminated, luckily nothing i think so far from oils and such. Very nice tank anyways.

Easy fix, buy a few ReefSuds bars. Cheap, and they work! I swear by them!

Great update Jonathan. Glad to see that Hybrid in action. :)

Thanks Dave! This like makes stuff extend like crazy! Stuff is growing its face off, hats off sir!

Update, I have a goodie box of about 14 corals coming from Lawnman, took the day off tomorrow just to get the package! Woot! Based on his past boxes sent to other people, we all know its gonna be badass stuff!

Love this coral!

C7E7D755-2443-4328-BC94-5E5C31A0A381_zps

Steensj2004

I sent you 14 button polyps :happydance: why am I not following your thread? Well I am now :)

Probably the sweetest button polyps ever! I ain't worried, lawnman packed that box!

Oh, and welcome aboard!!!

Steensj2004

Boom, Lawnman just blew mah mind!

Anyway, holy cow, lawn hooked it up! Super stoked! More and more corals rolled out as I unpacked the bags. 14 in all!!

94BA9302-5789-4023-A9A0-7BEC2E94D67E_zps

903BE80D-AF61-4EE3-84AE-E4DF170C77B2_zps

39F349D9-78F3-4737-9D59-597A8DEE9157_zps

97E634AC-4C1D-4067-A309-7DA0F0CE7D5C_zps

Hi Steensj2004,

I have a question for you. What Skimmer would you prefer? Vertex omega 130, nyos quantum 120 or the bubble king double cone 130?

(34gallon tank)

Knowing you have experience with two of these skimmers, looking forward to your answer.

Rory

Steensj2004

Man, every time I clean out my Fuge, small bits of algae gets into the return chamber.... Afraid it'll eventually make it into the display:(

Broke off some stuff from plugs, glues em on. Hopefully everything is happy!

Mushy island:
81C13D7F-3D7E-4572-A407-20F7BBF4B5C2_zps

Zoa Land:
0D79B90E-DB74-4E19-95CF-A73214D65C86_zps

This thing.... Mmmmmmmmmmm-Mmmm!
0A355DFD-829B-4850-A6D1-6CC61220DC2F_zps

Random a Side Whores:
69DC42ED-4DCE-4B91-B30E-C2E36B2E3B23_zps

Hi Steensj2004,

I have a question for you. What Skimmer would you prefer? Vertex omega 130, nyos quantum 120 or the bubble king double cone 130?
(34gallon tank)

Knowing you have experience with two of these skimmers, looking forward to your answer.

Rory

Nyos 120, for the price, I personally don;t know of a nicer skimmer. This thing is the best skimmer I've ever owned. I skims it ass off.

Hey, what's that bright neon green striped coral? :wub:

Green Leptoseris, its a bomb piece ! :wub: :wub:

327E3E81-01EC-4555-86EE-FCE9D33D20C5_zps

nice chalice. FTS please

76E9A531-63B1-4FE9-9883-630CEE5438B3_zps

Some stuff has moved now. I'll get another one up soon! :)

Nice box of lawn clippings sir, really like the zs and p's :D you sleep at all last night? Haha

Thanks! I am super happy. I slept well, lol :lol:

Steensj2004

Looking really great!!!

Thanks!

Currently, I am concerned about my Fuge. The Cotten Candy algae, and fern Calurpra grows fast, and clearly is eating up nutrients. However, when I trim, pieces fall into the return chamber def don't want that shiz in my tank.... I smell a new, redesigned sump in the near future.

Thanks!

Currently, I am concerned about my Fuge. The Cotten Candy algae, and fern Calurpra grows fast, and clearly is eating up nutrients. However, when I trim, pieces fall into the return chamber def don't want that shiz in my tank.... I smell a new, redesigned sump in the near future.

Just sent Kat all your cotton candy algae and she'll be a happy camper :)

Thanks!

Trim with pumps off remove extra with turkey baster.
Steensj2004

Lionel,your tank rocks bro. :)

Thanks man! Appriciated that!

Driving home from work stuck in traffic. You got some nice corals sir:) I need that hook up.

This guy! But seriously, amazing man, thanks so much!!!

Just sent Kat all your cotton candy algae and she'll be a happy camper :)

We talked about it, however, I have a few flatworms that are only in the Fuge, for whatever reason.... Wouldn't feel right about sending it. It is awesome and grows so well!

Anybody want some stomatella snails? I have about 1000 since they laid eggs, lol.

Archived