ReefCleaners.org

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Well, the massive plate went to a new home today, it has been replaced with a purple plate:

DEB534D5-272C-49C7-B6DB-FAF07FA3AB47_1.j

EF719004-2AB1-4E7C-B99F-5E0819B9E930.jpg

57F32203-807D-427C-9D49-44BFC07BF4AC.jpg

Thinking about getting these clowns out of my tank, only reason I got the bastards is because I thought they would host my nem, WRONG! I hate clownfish. Looking at maybe another Long-nose Hawk, gotta get a top on this piece first.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the massive plate went to a new home today, it has been replaced with a purple plate:

DEB534D5-272C-49C7-B6DB-FAF07FA3AB47_1.j

EF719004-2AB1-4E7C-B99F-5E0819B9E930.jpg

57F32203-807D-427C-9D49-44BFC07BF4AC.jpg

Thinking about getting these clowns out of my tank, only reason I got the bastards is because I thought they would host my nem, WRONG! I hate clownfish. Looking at maybe another Long-nose Hawk, gotta get a top on this piece first.

Looks badass buddy!

Also,Rohtaga. :P did I win? Lol

Hahahahah, finally someone that knows where that came from. LMAO :lol:

My favorite episode or one of is when stan initiates Haileys built in assassin training and they are fighting on top of a van,she knocks stans gun on the ground and stan yells," good idea gun,call for help!" Hahahahah

Steensj2004

My favorite episode or one of is when stan initiates Haileys built in assassin training and they are fighting on top of a van,she knocks stans gun on the ground and stan yells," good idea gun,call for help!" Hahahahah

My favorite when the accidentally kill Santa, and the giant war at the end.lol

I've decided to do a Plate garden, should be interesting...

My favorite when the accidentally kill Santa, and the giant war at the end.lol

I've decided to do a Plate garden, should be interesting...

Yes the Christmas episode was awesome!! Especially if ya like guns lol.

Plate garden is gonna own sir!

Also I can't like anything more today I've reached a limit again so that's pretty dumb

Steensj2004

Nem looks like shit again, shriveled up yesterday, looked good last night, not all shitty again. Levels are in range and everything else looks amazing. Shit...

Steensj2004

Damn levels, I am having a horrible time with Alk, Mag, and Calcium. I swear I haven't dosed Alk or Calcium in weeks, but magnesium, all the time. I have a HORRIBLE time keeping mag up in my tank, it never gets to much up and down because I keep on it. I hate this, want this doser running but need to hammer down usage first. I just don't see how there isn't more calcium/alk usage?

HarryPotter

Damn levels, I am having a horrible time with Alk, Mag, and Calcium. I swear I haven't dosed Alk or Calcium in weeks, but magnesium, all the time. I have a HORRIBLE time keeping mag up in my tank, it never gets to much up and down because I keep on it. I hate this, want this doser running but need to hammer down usage first. I just don't see how there isn't more calcium/alk usage?

Whats up? Tank shouldn't just be using Mg... Makes no sense IMO. Maybe your testing is not consistent somehow?

Why not quit all the dosing, do some water changes and start with a blank slate? Test 24 hours later and record levels. 24 hours later test again. That way you can get it down

The dying nem? lol

3 posts... He's new.

Steensj2004

Whats up? Tank shouldn't just be using Mg... Makes no sense IMO. Maybe your testing is not consistent somehow?

Why not quit all the dosing, do some water changes and start with a blank slate? Test 24 hours later and record levels. 24 hours later test again. That way you can get it down

3 posts... He's new.

Hell if I know, Calcium and Alk usage are all but nothing for the most part, mag though wont stay up. Was riding @ 1330 for ever, dropped some, and now Im dosing over and over to keep it up. Calcium is staying up just by water changes. And I test a LOT

It just wants to f**k with you. :happydance:

something going on we should all know about?? hahah

Huh? What? No idea what you're talking about... :rolleyes:

That wasn't a plate, that was a teepee.

I was thinking a mop head! Man that thing was huge, and beautiful. Sorry you ended up having to get rid of it, but the new purple one is nice.....and I cannot wait to see the plate garden.

Steensj2004

I was thinking a mop head! Man that thing was huge, and beautiful. Sorry you ended up having to get rid of it, but the new purple one is nice.....and I cannot wait to see the plate garden.

I know, I was sad, It actually crossed my mind to go ahead and upgrade size or just get rid of some corals and rock, haha. I need to get a handful of nice ones, looking at some Pinwheel plates to maybe order next week( I need 2-3 more that are the same size as the Orange and Green one I have. Also thinking about a cynarina or Meat Coral? Pricey though....

Ok, 10 gallon water change, need some help here, water stats are as follows:

Temp: 78.7

PH: 8.15

Salinity: 1.026

Nitrates: No Trace

Phosphate: Barely a Trace

Magnesium: 1280ppm

Calcium: 425-430 ppm

Now, should I go ahead and use this as my starting point to gauge my dosing by testing for the week( nightly), or should I bump my magnesium up some. I've always shot for 1300 at least, for some reason, this damn tank loves god damn magnesium?!

Alkalinity: 10dKh

It just wants to f**k with you. :happydance:

Lol, looked like shit when I got home, now looks like it's perking up after the water change? God-dang thing is bi-polar, depressed, or something. Maybe I'll feed it a Prozac tonight, lol. :lol: Or maybe I slap it around a little bit, let it know who is boss?

Small, but the chalice Lawnman sent me is showing some mass growth around the mouths! YAY!

B8CD0CFC-E7FF-42B8-BE87-7BDDAA6B7FA3.jpg

13CB1BD9-E552-4346-9261-B8688AC914F3.jpg

Wow! The colors are awesome!

Steensj2004

Bad day, decided to cut out early, and go to the LFS. Scored 2 new mushrooms! I really wish you could see the true colors, beautiful!

Green Mushroom( this thing is like a amazing, green grass color:

9FDE5767-2757-4A22-914D-7DCE11B25C7E.jpg

Turquoise with a Greenish sheen w/ a Bright Green Rim( still pissed, not open yet):

F52A14F2-D0C1-4DA8-B85D-4FAE782F659B.jpg

Bad day, decided to cut out early, and go to the LFS. Scored 2 new mushrooms! I really wish you could see the true colors, beautiful!

Green Mushroom( this thing is like a amazing, green grass color:

9FDE5767-2757-4A22-914D-7DCE11B25C7E.jpg

Turquoise with a Greenish sheen w/ a Bright Green Rim( still pissed, not open yet):

F52A14F2-D0C1-4DA8-B85D-4FAE782F659B.jpg

Bad day????Seems to me like it turned out to be a pretty good day! :lol:

Archived