Top Shelf Aquatics

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! Steens! I missed a ton! Things are looking awesome over there!

Picked up a Few Corals today:

Red Digi:

141D3EE7-2C22-4DB0-ADE1-B48BB110CC21.jpg

LA Lakers Monti:

0A6B78AA-7718-41D0-8376-E350D633D4B7.jpg

Purple Monti w/ Green Polyps( unsure name, ID?)

FA488846-7027-44A1-847A-EF6123DF8F62.jpg

ECFB6356-01CD-454A-8532-2108314D9DFD.jpg

GARF Bonsai :

2FBFDFB3-7985-4295-8D89-934EB5C1521F.jpg

Suggestions on Monti placement? Always had great luck with Monti-Digis, but I just have horrible luck with any other monti. Which sucks as they are some of my favorite corals.

How sweet is this thing?!

AB3C3BBD-B042-42DC-B90F-0E6837F41C1A.jpg

where'd you get the purple monti with green polyps? Love it! Is it plating, encrusting or branching?

where'd you get the purple monti with green polyps? Love it! Is it plating, encrusting or branching?

I believe it is Morning Star Montipora, encrusting. Not positive though

My LFS, not sure the name and I believe its encrusting. Not 100% sure

Pics, sorry, just turned lights back on, and was feeding!

Blasto:

85E80115-7CA4-44AB-A3D2-867EF260869A.jpg

GARF!

51DA1DE5-BF99-4410-A499-6352244C9DDE.jpg

Unknown Yellow/Green Acro( That PE, woot woot):

7A3CCBBD-DF97-4C93-82F5-18F6E87BB57D.jpg

E4B44AC9-9A6F-4402-B9E7-422C2B462CA1.jpg

Pagoda, Those colors!:

FFB86DD5-2BD2-405A-A597-2AA1EC3FBEF0.jpg

Chalice( Green forming around mouths, awe yeah!):

BF7D1937-2549-4253-95BB-063D907D4BC7.jpg

Birds of Paradise A few new Tips:

CE977E3C-091E-4F71-9792-4B1DA1E4A448.jpg

Sour Apple:

4F990791-F705-4781-8D67-53E00F72543D.jpg

723FFAEB-BC34-414E-A1A2-CF73E68D6E91.jpg

Anyone have any idea why all my Zoas are either completely closed up, or most the colony is closed up? The only colony doing ok is my People Eaters. A few at a time closed up on the other colonies now most only a few on each colony open up daily. This has been going on for a few weeks. no visible pests, pox, or anything? Water chem:

Temp: 79

Salinity:1.026

Magnesium: 1400

Calcium: 440

Alkalinity: 10

It's driving me NUTS! I have SPS and LPS growing and extending polyps like crazy. Help?

Anyone have any idea why all my Zoas are either completely closed up, or most the colony is closed up? The only colony doing ok is my People Eaters. A few at a time closed up on the other colonies now most only a few on each colony open up daily. This has been going on for a few weeks. no visible pests, pox, or anything? Water chem:

It's driving me NUTS! I have SPS and LPS growing and extending polyps like crazy. Help?

Need a little more info. What is your Ph, nitrate and phosphate? This could be the cause. Also, have you checked for the typical pests that target zoas/palys?

Need a little more info. What is your Ph, nitrate and phosphate? This could be the cause. Also, have you checked for the typical pests that target zoas/palys?

No visible pests, no damage to the actual zoas.PH @ 8.11, haven't tested phosphate in some time, nitrate barely readable.

why kind of lighting and par? Mine have done that when it is too much light

I run around 5-10 for Nitrates and some phos as well.. so not completely clean but I do have some sps

take a frag out, dip in hydrogen peroxide 30/70(water) for 30 seconds. do it to a small frag u hate.

you can do 50/50 for 3mins and be fine

why kind of lighting and par? Mine have done that when it is too much light

I run around 5-10 for Nitrates and some phos as well.. so not completely clean but I do have some sps

Nanobox hybrid ( dual 24" T5 and 4 arrays). Hanging 13-15" above the water. I'd think they would open as the lights came down in the evening. People eaters do fine, and others were opening for weeks and weeks. I dunno. Par numbers are unknown.

Thats what zoa's do ime. Mine have done the same thing. I gave up trying to figure out why.

Thats what zoa's do ime. Mine have done the same thing. I gave up trying to figure out why.

All but two colonies are gone :) sold dem beaches, Got some new SPS instead!

#BetterCoralsAnyway!

That moment when you look at your tank and your SPS is growing it's ass off :wub:

All but two colonies are gone :) sold dem beaches, Got some new SPS instead!

#BetterCoralsAnyway!

That moment when you look at your tank and your SPS is growing it's ass off :wub:

yeah I kill SPS....gave up on that also. :D too much work. I am getting lazy in my old age.

yeah I kill SPS....gave up on that also. :D too much work. I am getting lazy in my old age.

I've had success with SPS in the past, but it was hit or miss. Easy ones like Montis and Monti Caps I killed, but acros did well?!

Monti-Digis did well though? Crazy!

This time around my SPS is killing it, My encrusting montis are doing well, and everything but zoas are doing AWESOME! hopefully it continues.

I've had success with SPS in the past, but it was hit or miss. Easy ones like Montis and Monti Caps I killed, but acros did well?!

This time around my SPS is killing it, My encrusting montis are doing well, and everything but zoas are doing AWESOME! hopefully it continues.

one or the other. i guess u cant have both. damn zoas. i am tired of mine too.

Amazing tank !! how long is the tank?

Amazing tank !! how long is the tank?

Six months or so?

Went to LFS, got sweet Chalice and Toxic Splatter Hammer..... Also put a Cooper Banded baby in....

C22F29D7-5FC3-4849-BCC9-2B572024E69E.jpg

Archived