Coral Vue Hydros

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

good looking deep blue! I have a similar tank and just purchased the nyos quantum skimmer, looking forward to dumping heavier loads into my tank :D

Hows the shrimp culture going?

Culture is going great( or was before I left town for work a week ago). Lol.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Long time since updates, here is a few. Bathroom overhaul and remodel has taken up most of my time lately.

Rainbow Torte starting to color up:

833F76FA-463B-4786-A68A-A527B4A5DB8A.jpg

Blasto Eating:

113D4F13-0037-491E-A0A0-A703B25C932F.jpg

Mystery Acro:

025D8C6B-F496-4D0F-AE1F-3F83A6B740A3.jpg

Ponapae:

C792ECB3-0376-4705-BE53-44B4D1BA8F76.jpg

Mushroom Island with 2 new additions:

E77655AA-BFAD-42F6-B23E-2187C3FEC297.jpg

A05E4BCA-55C4-40A3-884D-468234423820.jpg

81D8E546-39BA-4B10-8DE6-01F89B60B11A_1.j

And a few more:

9C5D7B70-D6E5-4ED4-9F9B-FEA5BF0C7910.jpg

BDF32BF6-ADFA-47F5-A649-3A2259702FAA.jpg

3782E6A4-DF87-4959-B37A-9F33D47E223A.jpg

D6D4ADD7-AB68-465A-9028-279C6E831087.jpg

Here is a picture of the corals enjoying brine shrimp feast. Videos to come shortly of the progress. All the fish literally had giant bulging stomachs, lol.

21EF3DDA-5317-4D2E-B273-EE4BF064FE3C.jpg

FBEBB56D-9B24-4C6A-9887-DEB81AA40454.jpg

1FE5913A-93E0-4256-8209-C330DD6BF89E.jpg

A few new Pieces:

Rainbow Monti, had a hard time getting good pictures:

56DA31F5-1F6F-414A-9643-033D33F6925F.jpg

D2ED04E3-366A-4ABF-A8AC-4408DA6BD352.jpg

New Favia/ War Coral. Sorry, pictures don't show the colors well:

7FE7589C-B3B4-4ED8-8F58-DB111C3DDA6D.jpg

Tank has been neglected a bit, levels were a little off but everything seemed ok. Dosed and did a 5 gallon water change. Things looking good!

Ok, what are they, creeping me out. I don't think they are redbuds, they hardly move and have little antennae/horns. The look like red snails. There are a lot....

0034F2B6-2395-474D-8BFE-3E0F4E683CC6.jpgC212AB62-476B-486E-9F71-22DA8097F469.jpg

They aren't flat like flatworms.

Never seen that. After googling it a bit, the only thing that I found close to that color was Orange Turbos and Orange Cowry snails, but couldn't really find any pic of baby ones. Do you have either of those in the full grown variety in your tank?

Never seen that. After googling it a bit, the only thing that I found close to that color was Orange Turbos and Orange Cowry snails, but couldn't really find any pic of baby ones. Do you have either of those in the full grown variety in your tank?

I have neither. I found what they are, they are a type of nudi or slug, they feed on the little tube worms you see on liverock and sumps. Apparently they are harmless and will go away after the food supply is gone.

Need to grab some mo corals soon, maybe catch a few fish and change it up. Tired of the yellow tang, he keeps the copper banded hiding at all times, like a total dick. Also, while the brine shrimp experiment went awesome, kinda over it. So I might swap the clowns, tang, and copper for something else. Suggestions?

Nice tank, I had the same one, dimensions are sweet. Your sps look good.

My yellow tang is a total dick too, thinking of getting rid of him.

LFS has new stock in, maybe they have a good one in? I'm going for ,"Water" here in a few minutes. Lol.

So did the brine shrimp breed at all, or just survive? Hows that going?

I am trying to pick up a bag of brine ($1) every week since all my critters (Cichlids, marine fish, corals, etc) seem to like it.

So did the brine shrimp breed at all, or just survive? Hows that going?

I am trying to pick up a bag of brine ($1) every week since all my critters (Cichlids, marine fish, corals, etc) seem to like it.

I have more brine than I know what to do with. They are breeding like crazy. Since I'm likely going to change up my fish stock, I may not need them anymore. Thinking about cleaning up the breeder setup and selling it. I'll post some pics

I have more brine than I know what to do with. They are breeding like crazy. Since I'm likely going to change up my fish stock, I may not need them anymore. Thinking about cleaning up the breeder setup and selling it. I'll post some pics

Can you sell em? Probably not for a significant amount if the LFS is doing $1 per bag.

Cool that it was so successful though :)

Can you sell em? Probably not for a significant amount if the LFS is doing $1 per bag.

Cool that it was so successful though :)

This was way more cost effective, nobody here sells brine cheap. I am also guy loading, and I get a healthy most of baby and adult brine in each feeing. The nutritional value is exponentially higher than just buying them and throwing them in. I couldn't sell them for any profit though

Looking incredible bud!

-Dave

Thanks Dave!

I have to be honest, I have thought about tearing this thing down and selling it off more than once the last few weeks. I have no idea why, Honestly, I dunno if it's because I am to impatient or because I just am tired of doing this. I still like the tank, but for some reason I'm getting less and less interested in it, no real explanation.

Talk me out of it, people! lol :P

Thanks Dave!

I have to be honest, I have thought about tearing this thing down and selling it off more than once the last few weeks. I have no idea why, Honestly, I dunno if it's because I am to impatient or because I just am tired of doing this. I still like the tank, but for some reason I'm getting less and less interested in it, no real explanation.

Talk me out of it, people! lol :P

Nope. Sell it off.

How much for your light?

:^ )

No, really.

How much for your light?

Just kidding.

But, I'm first in line!

Nope. Sell it off.

How much for your light?

No, really.

How much for your light?

Just kidding.

But, I'm first in line!

IF I sell it Ill let you know FIRST!

Send me some nubs off your acros and I'll send ya some acans. 2 week heal time... go :)

Maybe consider a restart or changing things up a bit, but don't sell off thats dumb!

Archived