Coral Vue Hydros

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spiderguardnano

get that skimmer running?

not yet man still losing foam head going to pull it out and clean it and make the egg crate lower

jedimasterben

That moment when the boss lady lets it slip shes been topping your ATO with tap water.... :blink: and not the R/O water you left......

sigh....

Well, time for a couple 100% changes lol
Steensj2004

Well, time for a couple 100% changes lol

dunnno what to even do..... Or the long term effects. She probably put 2ish gallons worth
Steensj2004

Its up to you, but it depends on what your water municipal treats the water with.

I can do the water changes. Anything else I should do? I have a lot of carbon in the sump, what else? I won't be home for a week
jedimasterben

Changes and carbon will take care of it. The 100% change is to remove 99% of the offending water, the carbon will take care of the rest.

Steensj2004

Changes and carbon will take care of it. The 100% change is to remove 99% of the offending water, the carbon will take care of the rest.

Iggght, thanks bro

NorthGaHillbilly

That moment when the boss lady lets it slip shes been topping your ATO with tap water.... :blink: and not the R/O water you left......

sigh....

OUCH!

Steensj2004

OUCH!

Tell me about it, albeit I kinda lost my shiz a little much. She was telling my buddies and they had the same reaction. She came back to me and said apparently I was right to lose mah mind hahaha.

NorthGaHillbilly

Tell me about it, albeit I kinda lost my shiz a little much. She was telling my buddies and they had the same reaction. She came back to me and said apparently I was right to lose mah mind hahaha.

Ive had a similar freak out on Bree, we both ended up apologizing :lol:

How much got pumped in?

Steensj2004

Ive had a similar freak out on Bree, we both ended up apologizing :lol:

How much got pumped in?

I'd say 2ish gallons, maybe 3

Steensj2004

Bought and paid for a few corals to be shipped to me from a LFS here in FL. Luckily, the refunded me everything today, what luck, I'd have been out a lot of money...lol

NorthGaHillbilly

Bought and paid for a few corals to be shipped to me from a LFS here in FL. Luckily, the refunded me everything today, what luck, I'd have been out a lot of money...lol

??

NorthGaHillbilly

No light, been expecting it for a while now. Can't have corals without light. A little unhappy with timeline.

Got ya, yea I know he's been covered up and behind. Hopefully after going at it full time hell shorten the turn around times in a big way.

Spiderguardnano

finally got the skimmer working god finally lol

the outlet is almost out of the water lol and its loud i need to figure out how silence it

jedimasterben

finally got the skimmer working god finally lol

the outlet is almost out of the water lol and its loud i need to figure out how silence it

Just run a little bit of PVC down into the water.

Spiderguardnano

Just run a little bit of PVC down into the water.

i saw steen use a 1" elbow so will pick that up today

so crazy how high this skimmer is running 5 1/2

Spiderguardnano

The skimmer outlet was splashing water, nothing a 1" elbow couldn't fix!

9FDBC12B-D929-49D2-BFDA-2D271861B9EE_zps

I picked up a 1" didn't fit inside my outlet what do you suggest?
Steensj2004

sand paper and some elbow grease, just like I did, hehehe

On a side note, my tank is a wreck after being gone. Think the tap water issue killed te Chromis, nowhere to be found, etc. Gonna start fixing tomorrow

Steensj2004

43E5F92D-F2D9-411B-A89C-B059998B67C3_zps

Welp, the skimmer is definitely working... I assume what you are looking at is what is left of my Chromis....damnit....

Archived