Innovative Marine Aquariums

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Lol, mah bad..... Now I feel like a douche.

:lol:

November and December were spent waiting for the LED arrays to arrive and the other parts trickled in early January, so I was just a little early :)

Steensj2004

Algae would probably be growing if it got any light hahaha. Just anxious, I know it's worth it, or at least as far as I know it is, lighting is my weak point, don't really know much.

:lol:

November and December were spent waiting for the LED arrays to arrive and the other parts trickled in early January, so I was just a little early :)

Nah, looks like it is a 1/4" fitting, should be able to go with a reducing bushing from BRS like this and then connect a barb to that and hose to pump..... Well, ok, I relent, a big PITA, but worth it.

Oh, wait, I think my logic may be a lil off on this, brain is fried, but it can be done with some sort of setup

Steensj2004

Oh, wait, I think my logic may be a lil off on this, brain is fried, but it can be done with some sort of setup

Is the inside of the valve(inside the tank) threaded?!

GOODIES FROM UPS!! omgomgomg04749646-48C9-4106-94E3-00C950E61E84_zps Packed well, although the Sicce box was a little smooshed.....27C9BDA4-5D95-4399-8091-647538B6D2FA_zps Unpacking the ATO, A little confused as the protective bad was damaged....no damage to the box or item though, so no biggie....FD671C95-87D2-48DA-BAF7-43E8115A3687_zps3F322955-4C06-417E-B7CD-CD3B2C80F2BE_zpsSicce Micra ( 90gph) pump for the ATO next to the reservoir...E0F94F90-3142-40DE-B23A-86C5397631A9_zps Picked up some Krylon Fusion black paint, plan to paint the blue ATO box tomorrow...get it set up . Fits well next to the stand. Now waiting on my light, reactor from a NR member( IM Midsized for 100 bones!).... need to get some vent holes in the stand as well. :naughtydance:F2840236-BC1E-4996-9756-6DE025CCF971_zpsAlso plan to grab some 1 1/4' PVC to raise the Durso to stop this damn trickle noise, suggestion from NGHB.

Make sure you keep the durso 1/2 inch under the overflow grates if not you will loose the surface skimming. I like to think I pioneered the DB Durso raising ;)
Steensj2004

Inside of the ATO reservoir the valve is threaded. Male thread, so you'd need a female thread to connect.

Cool, I can make that work.

Make sure you keep the durso 1/2 inch under the overflow grates if not you will loose the surface skimming. I like to think I pioneered the DB Durso raising ;)

Ight! Thanks man

Steensj2004

Dave received my Sunpower on October 27th. I don't want to hear complaining about an extra two weeks ;)

Ben, mind explaining the advantage of a T5/LED hybrid to me again. How big of an advantage is there as opposed to running two Radions over my tank? Or even just a nice T5 ATI ? Teeeeach meeeee! Lol

Steensj2004

Only problems I would forsee with the pump being inside is the cord out of the top, getting connection worked out and depending on height of pump, would have to fill ATO prematurely.

i just recalled why I picked that sicce, the inlet is on the bottom, and it's suction cup feet keep it about 1/4 inch off the bottom of the reservoir, so I will be able to get most all the water out of the tank. I dunno if I'm gonna use that valve....
jedimasterben

Ben, mind explaining the advantage of a T5/LED hybrid to me again. How big of an advantage is there as opposed to running two Radions over my tank? Or even just a nice T5 ATI ? Teeeeach meeeee! Lol

You get the efficiency and color of LEDs that no fluorescent can give along with the end to end spread that basically no LED array alone can provide without a lot of point sources and good diffusion.

Steensj2004

You get the efficiency and color of LEDs that no fluorescent can give along with the end to end spread that basically no LED array alone can provide without a lot of point sources and good diffusion.

So with a hybrid you are maximizing spread between point source of LED lighting and the broad spread of T5? As well as taking advamtage of low heat and no replacement of LEDs?

Steensj2004

Got the ATO tank painted with Krylon Fusion today. Man I like that paint! Looks GREAT! hopefully get it up and running tomorrow, as well as raise the Dorso and Get Hinges on! Pics:

Side and front:

D7ADBD13-894B-4D53-94DB-B7F6EE426A34_zps

Front that you will see:

5CED572D-FEC3-492F-B022-EBDC1742471E_zps

Next to tank:

04ED3E0D-BC6A-45C7-8A71-FD878AD28240_zps

New scape,suggestions? Comments?

BE8125E2-3975-458F-BBD7-98F7E8A45349_zps

BE8125E2-3975-458F-BBD7-98F7E8A45349_zps

Steensj2004

Everything looks great and nice job on that ATO paint job.

Thanks. bummed I won't get my light up anytime soon..... :( With the delay, instead of shipping this week I might be looking at another 2-3 weeks including shipping, So Ill be in FL. again for work, my kids get here last week in March/first week of April, and I get married first ween in April. :D

I know Dave's lights are worth it, but the wait and delays are painful....

Thanks. bummed I won't get my light up anytime soon..... :( With the delay, instead of shipping this week I might be looking at another 2-3 weeks including shipping, So Ill be in FL. again for work, my kids get here last week in March/first week of April, and I get married first ween in April. :D

I know Dave's lights are worth it, but the wait and delays are painful....

I know how you feel. I had to wait 8 1/2 weeks for my tank to get built. But hey Florida sounds pretty damn nice right now.
Steensj2004

Looks real good. Did you take the spigot out of the front? Didn't see it in the picts

Nah, flipped it around, haha!

I know how you feel. I had to wait 8 1/2 weeks for my tank to get built. But hey Florida sounds pretty damn nice right now.

Yeah, but has no corals :(

Steensj2004

Lame looking at a dark tank all the time, lol. Know very little about lighting, it's hard to wait when you aren't really sure/ understand of the advantage for the light.lol!

Lame looking at a dark tank all the time, lol. Know very little about lighting, it's hard to wait when you aren't really sure/ understand of the advantage for the light.lol!

Dave should have a "lender lights" for when products are backordered or if he is working on your lights. LOL! I cant wait to see the hybrid over this though!

Steensj2004

Dave should have a "lender lights" for when products are backordered or if he is working on your lights. LOL! I cant wait to see the hybrid over this though!

Me either! It's killing me!!!

Me either! It's killing me!!!

I can imagine. At least when you get the lights you should have a full cycle and ready for corals and fish! Gotta look at the bright side...no pun intended. LOO!

Steensj2004

I can imagine. At least when you get the lights you should have a full cycle and ready for corals and fish! Gotta look at the bright side...no pun intended. LOO!

Hahah! Well played sir, well played

Archived