inTank Media Baskets

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

I'm so jealous of your skimmer still messing with mine

Really? hmmmmmmm. Did you try my suggestion on leaving it runnign and picking it up manually until it stopped overflowing?

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

Can't seem to find the Wrasse..... Anyone had a wrasse hide for 2 days after adding it to the tank? Worried

What kind is it?

Lol, couldn't resist watching My fiance play Madden, a buddy asked her to play online with him....this outta be good :lol:

1B163B99-2A68-4E5B-B11C-20C2E2907239_zps

Dear Vertex, well done.....welllll done.....

275131D6-7CB6-4080-9801-991560A67B1B_zps

This IM Midsized reactor is the Bee's knees, the slight smell I had in the stand was gone in a matter of about 4 hours. Impressive. Always amazed me how much better a reactor utilizes media.

:lol: is that Christmas decorations I see :huh:
Steensj2004

:lol: is that Christmas decorations I see :huh:

Sigh, yes, our other fireplace thingy got lost in out move back

What kind is it?

Christmas Wrasse, and nevermind, I was doing some rescaping, and he popped his head out of the sand wondering WTF was going on.....forgot the bury themselves in the sand , lol.

, and she insists to have one out around the fireplace. Otherwise the dog nearly catches itself on fire laying so close, lol.

Sigh, yes, our other fireplace thingy got lost in out move back

Christmas Wrasse, and nevermind, I was doing some rescaping, and he popped his head out of the sand wondering WTF was going on.....forgot the bury themselves in the sand , lol.

, and she insists to have one out around the fireplace. Otherwise the dog nearly catches itself on fire laying so close, lol.

Hell might as well just leave it up till next year now :flower:
Steensj2004

Hell might as well just leave it up till next year now :flower:

Funny, I said the same damn thing. I suppose if I would stop effign with my tank and build a new one like she asked I could avoid having it up. I imagine the fact it annoys the heck outta me is part of her plan to get a new one built. hahah! :lol:

I'm sitting by the tank and this wrasse is still staring at me. Apparently he was more upset then originally thought about me disturbing him, lol.

Steensj2004

Unfortunately, no light on the tank at this point, I was expecting to have it before I head to FL for two-three weeks :( . I understand Dave's lights are the boomb, but the extension for 10-14 days on the timeline was disappointing. I understand though.

Steensj2004

those are ok in a 32g

Most people would say no, but you know what? It's my tank, I'll put what I want in here, lol.

I don't buy into the,"you can't have this and that" hype, as most people that harp on it are very hypocritical. They will tell one person off for have a fish in a tank they consider ,"To small" and then see another member with a killer tank that's the same size, with the same fish and don't say shiz.

If they get to big, I'll re-home them......

Matter of fact, a guy here locally has 14 fish in his im fusion 40, 14 fish! Including a Mandy, clown tang, and two of these. While I think that is asinine and ridiculous, and will obviously lead to problems down the road when the fish get larger, the tank thrives. I'm not going to try and throw a bat fish or a queen angel in this tank, lol, but I think people over react more often the needed...

Steensj2004

thats how i feel as well i put whatever is nice in my tank

Obviously, I still think there is a limit. I'm not throwing crazy stuff in my tank, no Nasso Tangs or stuff like that, but at 50 gallons to my 35, I feel the footprint gives me some leeway. Besides, I like them, and it's my tank. Hahaha. They are very happy. Although, for whatever reason, the hang out with the Chromis, I may have inadvertently created a gang. Hope they don't start turf wars with the snails, hahaha

Hey, spider, here's that video you wanted of mah skimmer...

https://youtu.be/kxxuQg6bhfc

jedimasterben

those are ok in a 32g

The only problem is food. They need to eat as many times daily as you can to get them fat and healthy, and once they are, then several times per day after that. You have to have adequate filtration to back that feeding up.

Steensj2004

The only problem is food. They need to eat as many times daily as you can to get them fat and healthy, and once they are, then several times per day after that. You have to have adequate filtration to back that feeding up.

They are eating like piggies!!
Steensj2004

Found my Christmas wrasse dead yesterday.... No idea what happened, he seemed fine.

Curious, anyone have suggestions on what bulbs to run when my light gets here. I have two T5 bulb slots on my hybrid. T5 is new to me .

Steensj2004

Awesome build so far. Can't believe I haven't seen this yet. Where in FL are you off too?

I'm in Jacksonville, love florida! I just hat being away from home so long

Steensj2004

That moment when the boss lady lets it slip shes been topping your ATO with tap water.... :blink: and not the R/O water you left......

sigh....

Archived