Coral Vue Hydros

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Nothing like putzing around a local chain pet store and noticing something funny about the coral in their frag tank..... As you look closer, you notice it is a micro elegance coral with not one, not two, but three heads/mouths. You ask the teenage kid working the fish section how much for the coral, and he looks at the tags, and says,"Uhhhh, lets see, assorted coral frag.......20.00." My response," Bag it, bag it now." :lol:

B26AEBD0-CEE8-4B35-9CDE-104EA0F2C2A0_zps

She' was all closed up from transport during acclimation, one head decided to come out though. Look at that color just sitting next to this NanoBox fixture, mmmmmmmmm-mmmm!

In the tank, still pissed....

CE538F92-61A0-4795-8044-03648FF7D43F_zps

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

Anyone have some guidance with this Elegance Coral. Doesn't seem to want to open up, it isn't closed up tight, but I can't get good extension with it.

I'd just give it some time. Prolly stressed a bit still and acclimating to the new environment. That was one helluva score btw. I think I'm gonna drive around from petco (or similar) to petco all day and see if I can get any steals. Time to get something in this tank, getting bored of watching snails. Oh, and saving nerites from my dog. Stupid ass snails.

Steensj2004

I'd just give it some time. Prolly stressed a bit still and acclimating to the new environment. That was one helluva score btw. I think I'm gonna drive around from petco (or similar) to petco all day and see if I can get any steals. Time to get something in this tank, getting bored of watching snails. Oh, and saving nerites from my dog. Stupid ass snails.

thanks, man. I scored it at a place called Care a Lot petstore. Only non-specialty shop around that has a real light over their frag tank.

Just read through your journal mate, gotta say I love it! :)

I'd be really keen to hear your thoughts on the nano box hybrids as I'm looking to get a unit for myself but I'd love to hear some feedback from people using them first.

Steensj2004

Just read through your journal mate, gotta say I love it! :)

I'd be really keen to hear your thoughts on the nano box hybrids as I'm looking to get a unit for myself but I'd love to hear some feedback from people using them first.

Thanks!

Frankly, without going into to much detail, they are amazing fixtures. Light output is amazing, control is top notch, and customer service is out of this world. Price point is high, but you really get what you pay for, the fixture is solid CNC custom goodness, and the rest is on par as well. Not saying other lights won't cut it, but I wouldn't trade this light for anything. MY corals LOVE it.

Thanks!

Frankly, without going into to much detail, they are amazing fixtures. Light output is amazing, control is top notch, and customer service is out of this world. Price point is high, but you really get what you pay for, the fixture is solid CNC custom goodness, and the rest is on par as well. Not saying other lights won't cut it, but I wouldn't trade this light for anything. MY corals LOVE it.

Awesome to hear it! I really think they're amazing looking and sounding units, so much so I'm going to get one sent to me in Australia haha so good to hear you love yours as I've been looking for the right hybrid for ages now and think this is the one! lol

Any details you would share would be appreciated though ;)

Steensj2004

A few new pictures,

FTS:

BBBF6772-0845-4B06-8327-8F13D79D2000_zps

Mr crab trying to sneak food from the Acan:

7605B7B5-2BD7-46A8-A7BB-04F893E6CF84_zps

New Long Nose Hawk:

84C6AF0E-AA61-43A5-AB0B-662B36821852_zps

Elegance starting to open finally, obviously not a lot of extension on the tentacles, but she's coming along:

DAA4FADC-1215-4CBC-9AB7-CCB5B108A4B5_zps

And feeding time:

68B1D6BE-9D59-4066-9D38-18FA922F44F4_zps

NorthGaHillbilly

Thinking that open area in the center needs a Nice, sexy plate and maybe a nice Welso... :D

skip the welsos and go straight for the good stuff

15964760183_a51a1853ed_z.jpg

:lol:

Steensj2004

skip the welsos and go straight for the good stuff

15964760183_a51a1853ed_z.jpg

Good point, lol

BTW, those two meats in that picture are touching tips..,.,

Just sayin.....

jedimasterben

You want a lot of red for growing plants, not blue. It will grow it, but not at the rate that would make it worth $90.

Steensj2004

You want a lot of red for growing plants, not blue. It will grow it, but not at the rate that would make it worth $90.

Suggestions for a similar light that I could used with a gooseneck?

Whats the dimensions of the deep blue 34? Cant find it on their website.

Uhhhhhhh, 36" x 18" x 12" I believer. Same footprint as 40 breeder just shorter in height
Steensj2004

Been experimenting with doing my own food on a small level. Anyone have advice one getting the pieces diced up small. Even with a good knife it's hard, thought about a blender? But that might just make paste. My wrasse and hawkfiah crush some raw shrimp and scallops soaked with garlic concentrate, even my tang snags a piece here and there.

Steensj2004

slap-chop-as-seen-on-tv.jpg

Hey Ben, should I get:

Coral Compulsion PAR30 LEd Refugium light

Or

Reef breeders Fuge PAR30 LED

I will have to get the reef breeders gooseneck as coral compulsion is out of stock.

Steensj2004

New Pictures, Some of the new Damsels( can anyone help ID)/ Yellow Watchman Goby, and New corals out and happy. Sorry about the quality, Had to turn the blues way down to get good pics with the Iphone....blah.

BE99A701-E3F5-4DA2-9A5D-02F758DE0BC9_zps

C772A99A-2C4E-4560-B824-0F10AA9CF6FF_zps

81E4C63A-41AB-47B3-9144-1A7F4BE332DD_zps

1B869162-7C9F-433D-A0BB-6381D0F4D510_zps

F38BC149-C973-4D64-B546-73A5CF85FF0F_zps

Need some Opinions, I LOVE SPS, but am considering doing mostly LPS and some SPS. I have fallen in love with Gorgs and Sea Fans. So should I go:

Heavy LPS with lots of nice Sea Fans, Acans, Plates, and some Acros/Encrusting Montis?

OR

Head into heavy SPS as usual?

Need some Opinions, I LOVE SPS, but am considering doing mostly LPS and some SPS. I have fallen in love with Gorgs and Sea Fans. So should I go:

Heavy LPS with lots of nice Sea Fans, Acans, Plates, and some Acros/Encrusting Montis?

OR

Head into heavy SPS as usual?

Im partial to SPS only but...

Just do a mixed system? Get SPS as the center pieces and pick your favorites, then fill the rest of the space with lps and such.

Archived