Coral Vue Hydros

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Steensj2004

Got my ATO up and running, as well as the Overflow raised. A little success, a little failure. Ok day so far, lol.

Started by drilling the hole for the ATO out line...... All was going well until the bit caught

054F8E07-87AF-42A4-A5D4-1A4C65D81153_zps

Fortunately, the breaks were clean and I was able to fix easily.

Next onto fitting the line to the pump. 1/4" ID and 3/8" OD, cut a notch for the cord as well.

BA969A81-121E-45E1-876A-28E8FACB2DF1_zps

6D33FA94-EAA6-4A86-8578-AC47EFBBA496_zps

D0E02458-09E9-466B-8EBB-DFDE636D934C_zps

C441C4B3-D43E-4173-9897-26C5918716FE_zps

The broken area is int he back corner and you can't see it.Shew!

Drilled a hole for the tubing

BE75CA45-2627-481B-9205-DB1407028005_zps

29ECD1DE-5E87-4ECE-967E-69A5E2DA6642_zps

Filling up

DAE0F49A-8EED-40DE-9DD6-C95CFDE9F40E_zps

And it works like a CHAMP.

Got the tank shut down, and the Overflow Durso pipe off......took 20 min, I was scared to crack the glass getting it out, lol.

DF77A18E-699A-429C-94F6-64513B840AFC_zps

884539E1-4D05-4F3B-863F-13841C2C6024_zps

Unfortunately, I didn't raise it much( about 1") and it still makes noise. Considering ordering a custom tank. Something in the 36 x 18 x 16 range. I cannot stand the idea of this trickle, and only having one drain is killing me too. Hmmmmmm...

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I ended up using both drilled holes as drains and running the return up the side. Couldn't get rid of noise any other way.

Steensj2004

I ended up using both drilled holes as drains and running the return up the side. Couldn't get rid of noise any other way.

Yeah, I've considered it, would be a lot of work lol. Might have to eventually.

So you're a browns fan?

I watch them, they are my home team. Don't care for Pro ball, I love Ohio State!! The boss lady is a crazy Browns fan!

I watch them, they are my home team. Don't care for Pro ball, I love Ohio State!! The boss lady is a crazy Browns fan!

I am sorry for you...LOL! :)

I watch them, the old lady is a big fan. Squealers fan, huh? Lol

HAHA I pretty much bleed black and gold. I wouldnt be into Pro's if I was from Ohio either. ;P

Steensj2004

HAHA I pretty much bleed black and gold. I wouldnt be into Pro's if I was from Ohio either. ;P

Lol, the Browns have one of the largest NFL followings amount the tams, even bigger than the squealers. I know, my best friend and fiancé tell me

Steensj2004

Steen what do you think about this

http://youtu.be/xsJ__8sAy4w

Hmmm, same problem I was having, only a little more extreme. Might wanna try raising it a bit more. I had to buy a 90 degree elbow to put in my skimmer outlet mine is up so high. I suggest,

1. shut off skimmer,

2. pull out red adjustment tube

3. Use sharpe to mark a ,"C" for closed and ,"O" for open to represent 100% closed and 100% open. This way you can tell where open and closed is while it's running.

4 reinstall and turn on skimmer

5. Put adjustment in the 100% open position, if it is still overflowing you'll need to raise it again. If you are 100% open in the video, I'd suggest another 1-2" raise( I'd start at 1")

6. If it isn't overfowing, rotate adjustment a little at a time, wait a few minutes between each adjustment. When I adjust mine, as little as 1/8" adjustment drastically changes bubble/ water level( about 1/2" change per 1/8" turn of my adjustmen).

Adjust slow!

Hope this helps. Marking the tube helped me, for a while I thought I was open all the way but was not.

Another method I used to get an approximate for how much I needed to raise was to leave skimmer running, and while it was running(adjustment 100% open)and the skimmer overflowing, manually lift skimmer u till it stops overflowing and the bubbles are lower then where you want them.

Steensj2004

Actually, just grab ahold of it and lift it up first. As long as the valve/ adjustment is open you'll be able to gauge where it needs to be.

Steensj2004

So, uh, question.....

I started this tank running 2 weeks ago, Dry rock and Live sand. So there was at least a little bacteria(maybe). Threw a shrimp in( large Jumbo size), and it is completely gone/disintegrated. I am reading 0 ammonia and 0 nitrites, cycle done? I've been dosing bottled bacteria the last 5 days or so as well. I just can't bring myself to believe the cycle is over already?! I have no Diatoms of algae, but I also have no light. Anyone? This is a new curve for me as I have always started tanks with live sand, old tank water from an established system, and at least some cured liverock.... :huh:

SpankythePyro

Lol, the Browns have one of the largest NFL followings amount the tams, even bigger than the squealers. I know, my best friend and fiancé tell me

I'm a Browns fan as well. They have one of the most loyal and easy going fan bases of any NFL team.

Have you been testing Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate since setting it up? I have setup 2 tanks with dry rock before and it takes a little while but dosing Bacteria helps and you should see atleast some Nitrate at the end of the cycle. I'm currently sitting on 1-2ppm of Ammonia in my 20L after dosing Ammonia hydroxide and bacteria yesterday.

Steensj2004

I'm a Browns fan as well. They have one of the most loyal and easy going fan bases of any NFL team.

Have you been testing Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate since setting it up? I have setup 2 tanks with dry rock before and it takes a little while but dosing Bacteria helps and you should see atleast some Nitrate at the end of the cycle. I'm currently sitting on 1-2ppm of Ammonia in my 20L after dosing Ammonia hydroxide and bacteria yesterday.

Haven't been testing until yesterday. No way after that whole shrimp and the food I've been tossing in there was no Ammonia. I suppose I could dose some Ammonia and see how long it takes to come down.....hmmm.

Lol, the Browns have one of the largest NFL followings among the teams, even bigger than the squealers Steelers. I know, my best friend and fiancé tell me

You might want to get a new best friend and fiancé then... ;) No fans travel better, and no NFL team has a greater fan base than the Steelers! :slap:

I grew up outside of Pittsburgh, and it's funny the amount of animosity between the people from western PA and all of Ohio, as there hasn't been much of a rivalry for such a long time...now Baltimore, that cesspool of humanity... <_<

As for your issue with the Durso - I have a DB 45W RR peninsula frag tank with the same set-up, my return is a Sicce 1.5, and I noticed only a trickle sound from the front adjustment screws for the overflow and the cut-out for the return. I wedged a couple of large sponges under those three areas, and now there is zero trickling, and the Durso has always been quiet. It is actually the quietest of my sumped tanks... :ninja:

Steensj2004

You might want to get a new best friend and fiancé then... ;) No fans travel better, and no NFL team has a greater fan base than the Steelers! :slap:

I grew up outside of Pittsburgh, and it's funny the amount of animosity between the people from western PA and all of Ohio, as there hasn't been much of a rivalry for such a long time...now Baltimore, that cesspool of humanity... <_<

As for your issue with the Durso - I have a DB 45W RR peninsula frag tank with the same set-up, my return is a Sicce 1.5, and I noticed only a trickle sound from the front adjustment screws for the overflow and the cut-out for the return. I wedged a couple of large sponges under those three areas, and now there is zero trickling, and the Durso has always been quiet. It is actually the quietest of my sumped tanks... :ninja:

BLASPHEMY!!! :lol:

My drainpipe is absolutely silent! Just like yours, I currently have some sponges tucked under just like you, did that yesterday, makes it much better. I have water issues in those EXACT same spots!

My LFS has some fish I want..... need this light. lol

BLASPHEMY!!! :lol:

My drainpipe is absolutely silent! Just like yours, I currently have some sponges tucked under just like you, did that yesterday, makes it much better. I have water issues in those EXACT same spots!

My LFS has some fish I want..... need this light. lol

Yeah, most Durso's I have heard are pretty quiet, and DB should provide a taller sandpiper to cut down the drop to the drain.

Get the fish - they'll survive without light, might even allow them to settle in easily...

Steensj2004

What do we have here?.....

72289B70-0E00-4907-B1F7-81C9DAC710DD_zps

61CB87DB-5714-4238-9197-F67A09029BB1_zps

Had to trim the rim( the little inner piece, main part of the rim is still intact...

A2D0AAAC-BBE7-44B8-B7A9-EF80985A77C3_zps

Yeah, this is happening...

FB1EAD59-5AC2-4994-B676-55BF2E0DAD42_zps

Steensj2004

Well, I had assumed the fish I put in would be out and about by now. I guess not.... <_< I specifically picked them for the activity.... and I can't even find them. I can catch a glimpse of one through a crack every once in a while......

-Christmas Wrasse

- 2 small Blue Green Chromis.

- Assorted snails and crabs.

I imagine that not having a light might have something to do with it. Sadly I am going to Florida for 2 weeks, which means no light on my tank for a long time if it isn't here by Saturday.... :(

Thanks to Ticklem for the Reactor, I love it!

Steensj2004

Lol, couldn't resist watching My fiance play Madden, a buddy asked her to play online with him....this outta be good :lol:

1B163B99-2A68-4E5B-B11C-20C2E2907239_zps

Dear Vertex, well done.....welllll done.....

275131D6-7CB6-4080-9801-991560A67B1B_zps

This IM Midsized reactor is the Bee's knees, the slight smell I had in the stand was gone in a matter of about 4 hours. Impressive. Always amazed me how much better a reactor utilizes media.

Archived