inTank Media Baskets

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

Here are some fish ideas I have currently, input greatly appreciated( obviously I am not putting ALL of the listed in the tank):

-Sunshiine Chromis(2)

-Midas Blenny

-McCokskers or Carpenters Flasher Wrasse

-Linespot Flasher Wrasse

- Anthia pair( pretty sure this is a no go, but I see so many people with them thriving in smaller tanks)

-Pygmy Possum Wrasse

-Yellow Stripped Cardinal( 2x)

-Yellow Tail Reef Basslet

-Gold Assesor Basslet

-Of course some kind of Goby/Pistol Pair

I'm just not sure if the footprint of my tank gives me a little more leeway( 36 x 18 x 12)

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:( Now I want to build a controller board. Fml.

Dude, super easy, took me all of about 20 min(minus paint dry time). Best choice I made was to use a router on inner edges of cable holes, no rubber or grommets needed. PM me and send me size and where you want the holes, I can build yah one and send it! No charge for the material or time!

Are you ####### serious? I might have you take you up on that....

Absolutely! You pay shipping and I'll hook you up! Thing might weigh 2 lbs. I think mine was 16x14. You have an Apex? I could make an exact replica of mine...

I unfortunately don't have an apex. I don't even have a controller; I was just allured by the visual-cleaniness of controller board.

#Aestheticpleasure

Lol, gotcha! Well if yah get one, let me know!

Here are some fish ideas I have currently, input greatly appreciated( obviously I am not putting ALL of the listed in the tank):

-Sunshiine Chromis(2)

-Midas Blenny

-McCokskers or Carpenters Flasher Wrasse

-Linespot Flasher Wrasse

- Anthia pair( pretty sure this is a no go, but I see so many people with them thriving in smaller tanks)

-Pygmy Possum Wrasse

-Yellow Stripped Cardinal( 2x)

-Yellow Tail Reef Basslet

-Gold Assesor Basslet

-Of course some kind of Goby/Pistol Pair

I'm just not sure if the footprint of my tank gives me a little more leeway( 36 x 18 x 12)

Great choices. I have a yellow assessor in my tank. He's really good and goofy. Possum wrasse are really cool and work the rock work! I like a school of cardinals too!

I went with a tailspot blenny over a Midas because of size of the fish. I don't like the look of a huge fish in a tiny tank even if it's doable because it tends to make your tank look smaller than it really is.

Love anthias too but didn't put one in my tank for the same reason you are on the line.

You think about dragonette/Mandy? Hawkfish are pretty cool too.

Great choices. I have a yellow assessor in my tank. He's really good and goofy. Possum wrasse are really cool and work the rock work! I like a school of cardinals too!

I went with a tailspot blenny over a Midas because of size of the fish. I don't like the look of a huge fish in a tiny tank even if it's doable because it tends to make your tank look smaller than it really is.

Love anthias too but didn't put one in my tank for the same reason you are on the line.

You think about dragonette/Mandy? Hawkfish are pretty cool too.

WE usually end up with a Dragonet( she loves them) and She wants a Longnose Hawk too.....might have to do one of those, keeps her happy!

WE usually end up with a Dragonet( she loves them) and She wants a Longnose Hawk too.....might have to do one of those, keeps her happy!

Ya they are both really cool fish. Had a hawkish years ago and have a ruby red now and so glad I got him. Only fish I regret getting is my clown. So like how you are going without one!

Ya they are both really cool fish. Had a hawkish years ago and have a ruby red now and so glad I got him. Only fish I regret getting is my clown. So like how you are going without one!

Yeah, there will NOT be a clownfish in this tank...

Thinking this over more, Thinking there is gonna be def be some Chromis, starting to grow on me. Maybe:

-2 Chromis( type to be decided

-Longnose Hawk

-2 Yellow Stripped Cardinal

-Golden Assessor

-Watchman/Pistol Pair

Inverts:

-2 Red Blood Shrimp

-Long-spine or Variegated Urchin

-Several Pom-Poms

6 snowflake clowns. done.

Challenge accepted! Lol

Careful with the fire shrimp and hawkfish. I believe they are know to eat shrimp.

Yeah, apparently you are right on with that comment, even people that get a at with shrimp and hawfish seem to lose in the long run. More of a when, not if situation..... Poo...

Tank moves to the Condo today! unfortuneately, since I moved to FL and my company promptly moved me BACK to VA, I gave away mu buckets etc, gonna see if I can borrow a few to get this badboy filled up tonight!

Tank MOVED!!! All set up and assembled, now just waiting for sand and rock, was supposed to be here this evening, not sure what the deal is, the guy I ordered through said it was getting here tonight...

Tank assembled, wiring a mess...

44A0794D-3FAA-4249-A351-3136200454A9_zps

B1065D56-C482-4506-9B58-CC4801F6F6C6_zps

Getting better...

1AAB82B0-CE4B-46A7-9B98-50F2C3AC99E1_zps

All cleaned up( still a few little things to fix....

75ABAC29-D5B4-4D8B-B4B7-9F218A83DB22_zps

Tank closed up...

914E85A0-5989-493A-9388-CEC2AC34C86C_zps

Had buckets ready, thought my stuff would be here today :(

oh well, I will get it up ASAP, and then wait on my light! Need to hook up probes, and floats. also need to score a ATO container as well as a probe rack. :P

Looking to add one or two IM Reactors, Midsized maybe soon as well.

What rock are you going with?

Also how high are you going to be running your skimmer?

Dry base rock, from BRS. The skimmer chamber is currently at the upper part of the suggested range, I can always raise the skimme, I can't make the skimmer chamber deeper. I imagine, considering the comments on the vertex, it'll be in the 8-9" range.

The guy that ordered all my stuff for me isn't responding on the rock and sand, I am getting pissed, I have been waiting two weeks now.... :angry:

using fusion?

using what? God this final wet phase is killing me. I accidentally got the return working, the stupid adjustable overflow grate s loud as hell

my apex in not yet hooked up to the internet. My power off test at least went well........no overflowing

NorthGaHillbilly

using what? God this final wet phase is killing me. I accidentally got the return working, the stupid adjustable overflow grate s loud as hell

my apex in not yet hooked up to the internet. My power off test at least went well........no overflowing

Hook that joker up to the internet before you mess with it anymore, I'm pretty tech-unsavy, but I had mine programmed in 15 min using fusion

Hook that joker up to the internet before you mess with it anymore, I'm pretty tech-unsavy, but I had mine programmed in 15 min using fusion

Everything hooked up, skimmer running, everything is pretty good. I will have to fine tune the apex tomorrow. Two major things:

1. Need to figure out how the F@#K to quiet down the return pump.....loud as HELL! No idea why, if this thing was quiet, the system would be barely noticeable.

2. Overflow, need to slow water down on impact in the sump...... loud, but if the return pump was working quietly, with the doors on it would be negligible noise.

Archived