Coral Vue Hydros

Dr. Felicia's Predator Paradise - Retired

Felicia

Tank looks great, the anemone really makes the entire tank flow. A couple of big staghorn like acros on that left side ..... ;)

I got my anthias eating flake in a week, feeding flake with frozen and slowly backing off the frozen. Then they only likes one type of flake so I had to mix flakes until I finally got the punks to eat all 4 types of flake I feed. :D I can't stand feeding frozen, too much work for my laziness.

View from my couch right now :)

Bonus points if you can guess what I'm watching on TV during the video :lol:

Bah, what is it with me starting new pages.

• Like 1

Tank looks great, the anemone really makes the entire tank flow. A couple of big staghorn like acros on that left side ..... ;)

I got my anthias eating flake in a week, feeding flake with frozen and slowly backing off the frozen. Then they only likes one type of flake so I had to mix flakes until I finally got the punks to eat all 4 types of flake I feed. :D I can't stand feeding frozen, too much work for my laziness.

Bah, what is it with me starting new pages.

Thank you!

The anemone is actually 5 anemones all smushed together. I love my anemone blob. Such a centerpiece and so much flow. They're just not very colorful right now because they were in a holding tank with no light for 3 days during the upgrade.

I'm definitely going to do SPS this time around. None of the corals are in their final places right now. Just thrown in for the time being. I think I'm going to move the Duncan back over to the left side and then cover the top of the right rock in SPS colonies. Maybe a few over on the left side too if there's space :)

I am so lazy about tank stuff lately, but I have a routine now for feeding frozen now so I don't mind at all and just feed all frozen. The anthias are loving the small frozen foods and it's easy enough so I'll stick to that for now.

Looks great Felicia! I bet the anthias are really enjoying the smaller partical foods as they are planktivores I believe so the smaller food suits them great :)

Thanks! Yeah they really love the tiny frozen foods. They go crazy over the frozen plankton which makes sense. I could probably convince them to eat mysis if I stopped giving them other options, but I don't mind feeding the small foods and the corals love it too.

Five fish saying feeeeeeeeeeddddd meeeeeeee! :-)

Yep! 3 very active feedings a day now. It's fun to watch!
  • Like 2

Thanks! Yeah they really love the tiny frozen foods. They go crazy over the frozen plankton which makes sense. I could probably convince them to eat mysis if I stopped giving them other options, but I don't mind feeding the small foods and the corals love it too.

Oh yeah, they will definitely take to mysis with some time. The smaller food is just more natural to them and was a great idea to do especially initially. But like you said, the coral love it too so as long as your not having nutrient issues and the anthias are keeping their weight up from it I say continue on and have a mega happy reef :)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, they will definitely take to mysis with some time. The smaller food is just more natural to them and was a great idea to do especially initially. But like you said, the coral love it too so as long as your not having nutrient issues and the anthias are keeping their weight up from it I say continue on and have a mega happy reef :)

Yeah, I'm definitely having a bit of a nutrient issue, but nothing harmful. Probably wouldn't make SPS corals happy, but since I don't have any right now its fine. Once I know the anthias are eating all the time and fat and happy, then I'll cut back some. I always overdo it with new fish :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm definitely having a bit of a nutrient issue, but nothing harmful. Probably wouldn't make SPS corals happy, but since I don't have any right now its fine. Once I know the anthias are eating all the time and fat and happy, then I'll cut back some. I always overdo it with new fish :lol:

I'm the same way so I totally understand.... plus I just enjoy feeding :)

• Like 1

I'm the same way so I totally understand.... plus I just enjoy feeding :)

I'm loving feeding right now because I get to watch the anthias. They're still lurking most of the time, but they're slowly warming up. At feeding time though they come out and its fun to watch them all go nuts for food :)

Thas a sessy lil harem you got going there. B)

Thanks! They're pretty awesome :)

Another quick video of the anthias because I'm obsessed :)

The colors are fantastic! You have so much movement in your tank too!!!!! Do they think you will be feeding them, or are they always that swimmy? (I made up that word :lol:)
  • Like 3

The colors are fantastic! You have so much movement in your tank too!!!!! Do they think you will be feeding them, or are they always that swimmy? (I made up that word :lol:)

I love the colors on these anthias! They lurk a lot right now. They seem to come out and swim the most in the mornings/early afternoons when the tank is getting sunlight but the actual light isn't on yet. They lurk under the bonsai pillar most of the day and then in the evenings when the light starts dimming, they come out to swim some more. They also come out any time I feed them. I had actually fed them in that video. Its just hard to see the food because its tiny plankton bits. They were going nuts over the food in that video. When they're out swimming and there's no food, they're more calm. I like the word swimmy! :lol: They're very swimmy fish!

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

Those anthias are kinda funny. They look all manic trying to eat while also keeping track to make sure they're within a few tail lengths of each other.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Polarcollision

I love your fish. The yellow coris (?) darting in and out of the anthias. And the black and white clown for contrast. Very colorful

• Like 1

Isn't it about time for another weekend update? :) lol

I love your fish. The yellow coris (?) darting in and out of the anthias. And the black and white clown for contrast. Very colorful

Candy hog fish ;)

• Like 2

Those anthias are kinda funny. They look all manic trying to eat while also keeping track to make sure they're within a few tail lengths of each other.

They are definitely a bit manic during feeding time. The rest of the time they're much more calm and relaxing to watch. The rest of the time they either lurk somewhere or they hover in the top of the water column.

Thanks! That's the yellow candy hog. He likes to try to herd the anthias. Luckily they tolerate him :) I do love the color combo of fish I have going right now!

Did I hear a tiny kitty mew during the video? Tank is shaping up great, BTW!

Yep, that was Lily expressing her need to be the one in front of the camera instead of the tank :lol: Thanks so much!

Isn't it about time for another weekend update? :) lol

Candy hog fish ;)

Yeah I really haven't done much since the last update. Been busy with work and haven't had time to do much with the tank. Still need to move the light, set up the dosing pump, and do a few other miscellaneous things. Its water change night tonight, so I'm about to get started on that.

And good call. Yes, that's the yellow candy hog.

Dead thread.. wake up over there :lol:

Come on tell everyone all the goodies you just bought :naughtydance:

Oh shut it! Your thread is so much more dead than mine. Also you're being a brat. You know very well I haven't bought anything...

Oh wait, unless you mean my BRS order. That isn't exciting. I thought you meant corals, haha.

Let's see, what all did I buy...

1) Salifert Alk, Ca, and Phosphate test kits because mine were getting old and I need to be able to test reliably to set up the doser. The phosphate test kit is because I'm having algae problems. I'm guessing its a combo of new tank syndrome and over feeding the anthias. I need to dial in my GFO usage and reduce feeding a bit, so I wanted to be able to accurately test phosphates.

2) Dual inline TDS meter for my RODI system. Never bothered to get this and now I can never tell for sure if my RODI filters need replacing. Finally caved and splurged on the TDS meter so I can tell for sure.

3) BRS 5-stage chloramines upgrade kit for my RODI unit. I've heard that chloramines are used in my area, so I figured I might as well get the chloramines upgrade kit when I replaced all my RODI filters. I actually tested for total and free chlorine in my RODI water and didn't detect any at all, but its better to be safe than sorry I think.

4) New reverse osmosis membrane because its probably about time to replace mine. Also with all these algae problems I was having pre-crash and then in the new tank, I've started to question my RODI water as a possible issue.

5) 1 gallon package of B-Ionic

6) 1 lb of BRS GFO

Nothing too exciting :)

I do however have photos of delicious baked goods. I went to a couple St. Patrick's Day parties this weekend, so I made Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. They were dark chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Jameson chocolate ganache filling and Bailey's buttercream frosting. Delicious and so rich!

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

• Like 2

Oh shut it! Your thread is so much more dead than mine. Also you're being a brat. You know very well I haven't bought anything...

Oh wait, unless you mean my BRS order. That isn't exciting. I thought you meant corals, haha.

Yeah Eddie definitely has no room to talk about dead threads, although mine hasn't been exciting by any means, seems we have all been quite busy lately.... I think its been longer since I've had any real meaningful and enjoyable posts then either of you lol

Orders are exciting, brs or coral.... but coral is more fun to look at lol Whenever you guys have some free time to wait for a box lemme know, Eddie said he didn't have room really and was going to take it to you anyways, if he don't care I don't care I can just save him from having to smuggle it on a flight and get it straight to you whenever... up to you guys, whatever works best for the dynamic duo :lol:

I do love the color combo of fish I have going right now!

Yeah I really haven't done much since the last update. Been busy with work and haven't had time to do much with the tank. Still need to move the light, set up the dosing pump, and do a few other miscellaneous things. Its water change night tonight, so I'm about to get started on that.

I love your fish combo as well! All fish I've often considered, you have very good taste IMO :)

If it makes you feel any better I ordered a JBJ ato like a year ago all I need to do is put the ATO tank in the stand (I bought it when I had my 40B up still) and plug it in but still haven't. Some reason I keep manually topping off every other day instead

I do however have photos of delicious baked goods. I went to a couple St. Patrick's Day parties this weekend, so I made Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. They were dark chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Jameson chocolate ganache filling and Bailey's buttercream frosting. Delicious and so rich!

I'm not big on chocolate cake/ cupcakes but man those look and sound good!

• Like 1

IMG_3216.jpg

I think I need this in my mouth right now! :lol:

I discovered this weekend that salmon does not agree with my post-gall bladder-removal state. Thought it was a fluke on Saturday, but discovered it wasn't on Sunday when I had salmon again but prepared differently. I think some alcohol-infused cupcakes would make good medicine for my tummyache. ;)

• Like 1

Oh mother of God! Those cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, love everything about them. They look sooooo right. I bet they were heaven.

Hehe, they were pretty tasty! Super rich though, so you definitely couldn't eat more than one. :)

Yeah Eddie definitely has no room to talk about dead threads, although mine hasn't been exciting by any means, seems we have all been quite busy lately.... I think its been longer since I've had any real meaningful and enjoyable posts then either of you lol

Orders are exciting, brs or coral.... but coral is more fun to look at lol Whenever you guys have some free time to wait for a box lemme know, Eddie said he didn't have room really and was going to take it to you anyways, if he don't care I don't care I can just save him from having to smuggle it on a flight and get it straight to you whenever... up to you guys, whatever works best for the dynamic duo :lol:

I love your fish combo as well! All fish I've often considered, you have very good taste IMO :)

If it makes you feel any better I ordered a JBJ ato like a year ago all I need to do is put the ATO tank in the stand (I bought it when I had my 40B up still) and plug it in but still haven't. Some reason I keep manually topping off every other day instead

I'm not big on chocolate cake/ cupcakes but man those look and sound good!

Yeah NR has been a bit slow lately. Seems like we're all busy and have a lot of other life stuff going on right now :)

The BRS order is sort of exciting. Mostly general maintenance stuff, but that can be fun too. I'm just trying to cover my bases in making sure that my water is perfect right now because I don't know what's causing the ongoing algae issues lately. You're too kind! I wouldn't want to take a nice coral right now though. My tank is still in that new tank syndrome phase and I'm still getting everything dialed in. I'm taking it slow and don't want to add any really nice corals for a couple months. I'd hate to make you hold something for me for several months. I'll let you and Eddie work out what he wants to do anyway since I'm not sure :) Also, I'm entertained that you called us the dynamic duo :lol:

Thank you! I've gotten much more into the fish side of the hobby lately.

Haha! 2 years! I'm going to try not to procrastinate setting up my doser for quite that long :lol:

I'm actually not big on chocolate cake myself, but they were pretty darn tasty!

I think I need this in my mouth right now! :lol:

I discovered this weekend that salmon does not agree with my post-gall bladder-removal state. Thought it was a fluke on Saturday, but discovered it wasn't on Sunday when I had salmon again but prepared differently. I think some alcohol-infused cupcakes would make good medicine for my tummyache. ;)

Haha! I'd send you one if I could! They all vanished quickly though!

Aw! That's too bad. Salmon doesn't seem like something that would be that irritating. I hope you don't find too many other foods that bother your stomach. I bet an alcohol infused cupcake would totally hit the spot! :lol:

Yeah NR has been a bit slow lately. Seems like we're all busy and have a lot of other life stuff going on right now :)

The BRS order is sort of exciting. Mostly general maintenance stuff, but that can be fun too. I'm just trying to cover my bases in making sure that my water is perfect right now because I don't know what's causing the ongoing algae issues lately. You're too kind! I wouldn't want to take a nice coral right now though. My tank is still in that new tank syndrome phase and I'm still getting everything dialed in. I'm taking it slow and don't want to add any really nice corals for a couple months. I'd hate to make you hold something for me for several months. I'll let you and Eddie work out what he wants to do anyway since I'm not sure :) Also, I'm entertained that you called us the dynamic duo :lol:

Thank you! I've gotten much more into the fish side of the hobby lately.

Yeah definitely, it hasn't even gotten that nice here yet, although it was like 60 the other day finally... back to the 40s for a bit now tho.

Maintenance stuff is fun and exciting... and a big part of the puzzle that makes it all work so well :) I need to get back into a routine, its definitely been showing lately that I've been slacking.

Oh don't worry theres plenty of coral left if something happened, but I doubt you would have any problems if it hasn't died in my care its pretty hardy by now LOL I've had like 15 400w heaters go bad and let off stray voltage just on the tank most of the stuff I wanna send you guys is in :lol:

You guys are the dynamic duo :)

I've been into the not really around to enjoy the hobby side of the hobby lately. I have been looking at fish alot more lately, that will probably be my next big purchase... and maybe a starfish. I still need to get myself a couple acros tho, I haven't even looked at coral in a while tho :wacko:

• Like 1