Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask more questions! There are so many of us with IM10's we should be able to figure it out together.

Mine just started making micro bubbles today sigh

blaksheep67

Good morning all, I just purchased a used Sicc .05 and wanted to know if the pump is plug and play or if I need to make any adjustments. 

Thanks

SURVEYMAN46123

The only adjustment you would need to make is flow.   There is a dial on the side of the pump for this.   I set mine to the highest setting and plugged it in. 

gone_PHiSHin
12 hours ago, blaksheep67 said:

Good morning all, I just purchased a used Sicc .05 and wanted to know if the pump is plug and play or if I need to make any adjustments. 

Thanks

i had to cut down my return tube slightly to make it fit.  shortly after that, i replaced the hard plastic return tube with the white flexible silicone tubing that BRS sells by the foot.  i love that stuff.

• Like 1
blaksheep67

Thanks !

On 7/7/2017 at 9:55 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

i had to cut down my return tube slightly to make it fit.  shortly after that, i replaced the hard plastic return tube with the white flexible silicone tubing that BRS sells by the foot.  i love that stuff.

What size should I get from BRS ?

gone_PHiSHin

the smallest size they have, pretty sure it's 1/2" ID

i just ordered like 4 feet of it, thinking it would be easier to just replace the 8-10" or whatever once it got dirty rather than try to clean it, but it hasn't gotten any real build up in 6 months.  so, i just use the tubing for my water change siphon.  it works great, it doesn't kink like the cheap vinyl stuff.

Just started cycling a nuvo 10 a couple weeks ago. Starting to look for an ATO and so far I have my eyes set on the IM aqua gadget. Does anyone have any comments on this ato? And can anyone recommend a good pump? Would the aqua lifter be decent enough or should I get a better one? I can list my build so far in a different post and I have a youtube channel for it if anyone is interested!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone run into a problem with low O2 levels?

I am having a really difficult time keeping any fish healthy for more than 48 hours. I really think something is attacking the fish as I will see them look vibrant and bright and then several have come to die very quickly with a scar or abrasion on the tail/body.

with that said I also notice that film tends to build on the surface, odd since it has an mp10 and surface skimming. Either something is eat a small fortune in fish or I am missing something...

any help is appreciated! 

• Like 1
On 7/26/2017 at 8:52 PM, frahny said:

I am having a really difficult time keeping any fish healthy for more than 48 hours. I really think something is attacking the fish as I will see them look vibrant and bright and then several have come to die very quickly with a scar or abrasion on the tail/body.

with that said I also notice that film tends to build on the surface, odd since it has an mp10 and surface skimming. Either something is eat a small fortune in fish or I am missing something...

any help is appreciated! 

I have a mp10 set on lagoon and have zero build up on the surface. Try also pointing your return up a hair but don't make it splash up just a nice ripple on the surface of the water. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ew_fish said:

I have a mp10 set on lagoon and have zero build up on the surface. Try also pointing your return up a hair but don't make it splash up just a nice ripple on the surface of the water. 

That's how I do mine, too. No film at all on the surface. 

On 7/26/2017 at 8:52 PM, frahny said:

any help is appreciated! 

Take a close look at the tank at night? You can get a red flashlight pretty cheap. 

Russell's Reef_721

Has anyone bridged a reactor into their rear chambers? I'm looking to do so but don't know how to go about it. Was thinking of going Return pump -> Tubing -> Reator -> Tubing -> Return nozzle. Would this work?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

Has anyone bridged a reactor into their rear chambers? I'm looking to do so but don't know how to go about it. Was thinking of going Return pump -> Tubing -> Reator -> Tubing -> Return nozzle. Would this work?

I think it would work OK, but you wouldn't be able to reduce the flow to the reactor without reducing the flow into the tank for circulation. Usually in a reactor for carbon or gfo you want slower flow so the carbon doesn't get pulverized, or the gfo doesn't get all jammed up.

• Like 1
Russell's Reef_721
11 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I think it would work OK, but you wouldn't be able to reduce the flow to the reactor without reducing the flow into the tank for circulation. Usually in a reactor for carbon or gfo you want slower flow so the carbon doesn't get pulverized, or the gfo doesn't get all jammed up.

I was actually thinking of doing a Chaeto reactor. I know that it won't be reducing my nitrate levels dramatically since water changes will be my main source of nutrient export, but it's always good to have. Plus i'll be able to have a nice refuge for pods to reproduce. My only thought process is how to route everything so the pods will be pushed into the display area without getting blended,but still making everything fit lol.

• Like 1
blaksheep67
On 3/31/2017 at 4:42 PM, smiz said:

So figured what better place to find equipment for IM 10g then here! If anyone is looking for a custom top and has unwanted equipment for build let me know!

Any IM tops left? Price?

Mckinney0171

getting an oily film on top of my water.  which is strange considering i am running the intank surface skimmer, the desktop skimmer, a sicce 1.0 return, and a mp10 on this tank.  I switched out my carbon and GFO yesterday.  Hoping that will help.  Anyone know how to combat that?

3 hours ago, Mckinney0171 said:

getting an oily film on top of my water.  which is strange considering i am running the intank surface skimmer, the desktop skimmer, a sicce 1.0 return, and a mp10 on this tank.  I switched out my carbon and GFO yesterday.  Hoping that will help.  Anyone know how to combat that?

I point my return pipe so that it just breaks the surface a little bit, which agitates the surface water quite a bit and seems to keep any kind of film from building up.

blaksheep67

I don't NEED top, but yours are kind of hard not to WANT :)

On 7/4/2017 at 2:21 AM, ew_fish said:

Mine just started making micro bubbles today sigh

When I had my Micro Reefs tank I was instructed by the maker to place a piece of sponge in the 3rd chamber to prevent bubbles from the waterfall of the 2nd chamber.

• Like 1

A sponge is a good solution to that problem! But if the water drop fits within the IM recommendation of a little less than an inch, there aren't any bubbles created. And of course you have to clean the sponge regularly. 

So far as I know, every report of microbubbles in the IM10 have been due to either a skimmer, or due to defects in the return pump plumbing. 

Russell's Reef_721

Everything has finally ben ordered! Should be at my door by Wednesday. Only problem is that I have to Take my dead LR from my DIY AIO 20g long and clean it :( Should I clean it out or just get some LR from a local source for $2.00/lb? Was thinking that the LR and some water from a LFS should help speed up my cycle by a week or two. Opinions?

A long time lurker and first time posting.  It has been a real joy reading and learning from everyone in this club.  I am so excited to have finally set up a Fusion 10 myself and to share couple photos of my tank.  The tank has only been up for a little over a month and it is very basic in terms of equipment.  

Lighting: Kessil A80a

Return pump: Rio 600

Filtration: Custom Media Basket with filter floss and Chemipure Blue

Heater: 50W 

Live stocks:

Fish - 1 Yellow Stripe Cardinal

Coral: Pom Pom Xenia, Common Xenia, GSP, Green Mushrooms, Hammer, Montipora Cap. (orange + green) - all frags

Thanks

IMG_0014a.jpg.5bda441f202561a8efa102b7126d6641.jpg

IMG_0019a.jpg

IMG_0036a.jpg

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Blinky1 said:

A long time lurker and first time posting.  It has been a real joy reading and learning from everyone in this club.  I am so excited to have finally set up a Fusion 10 myself and to share couple photos of my tank.  The tank has only been up for a little over a month and it is very basic in terms of equipment.  

Lighting: Kessil A80a

Return pump: Rio 600

Filtration: Custom Media Basket with filter floss and Chemipure Blue

Heater: 50W 

Live stocks:

Fish - 1 Yellow Stripe Cardinal

Coral: Pom Pom Xenia, Common Xenia, GSP, Green Mushrooms, Hammer, Montipora Cap. (orange + green) - all frags

Thanks

IMG_0014a.jpg.5bda441f202561a8efa102b7126d6641.jpg

IMG_0019a.jpg

IMG_0036a.jpg

Very nice looking setup!  Fish is so cute!  And :welcome: to Nano-Reef!

hello everyone I just set up my nuvo 10 two weeks ago still cycling at the moment with no lights. I've been looking into the ai prime hd I was just wondering if anyone has it and how its going for you so far! I also just ordered the sicce 1.0 to have more flow.

• Like 1