Top Shelf Aquatics

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Aquathumb83
1 hour ago, thereef said:

How is this working out so far? Did you connect it to return right into the main display return or have it going back into the sump area? I'm hoping to get some time to setup something similar this weekend. 

I haven"t tested the water params yet but will this weekend. I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough flow but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. The pump for it is in the second chamber and the return is in the third chamber.

On 4/13/2017 at 3:32 AM, Obrowell said:

Ahem....I'm ashamed to say just the stock one...for now. In fairness things are responding to it fairly well (especially the Adams and frogspawn), but I am going to try the Kessil A80 as lfs has good offers on them at the moment. 

I just got the A80 and I'm loving it. Plenty of power for all types of corals in a tank this size.

• Like 2

PUMP REPLACMENT !!

YAAA !!  Listened to people in this thread and got the Sicce 0.5.  TOTALLY SILENT !!!

The stock pump was a rattle trap, and the Sicca Micra was not much better.  I was not going to buy any more Sicce posts in this thread convinced me to do it.

A more expensive pump, but SILENT. 

• Like 1

So I'd like to set up my ato. So y'all others with this tank, at what height in the third chamber are you mounting the sensor to keep a good level in the rear chambers?

Im putting in the tunze nano 3152, the one with just the float switch. 

If you could give a measurement from the top of the glass to any reference point on the float switch that'd be awesome. 

On 4/18/2017 at 0:20 PM, LX20000 said:

PUMP REPLACMENT !!

YAAA !!  Listened to people in this thread and got the Sicce 0.5.  TOTALLY SILENT !!!

The stock pump was a rattle trap, and the Sicca Micra was not much better.  I was not going to buy any more Sicce posts in this thread convinced me to do it.

Yeah, I was surprised at how quiet it was too. 

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin

i have the 3152 and you want to set it up so that the water level in the third chamber is maintained at around 1/2" below the third baffle.  if you go much lower, the 'waterfall' will create splashing/bubbles and your return pump will suck them in, creating microbubbles in your display.

16 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

i have the 3152 and you want to set it up so that the water level in the third chamber is maintained at around 1/2" below the third baffle.  if you go much lower, the 'waterfall' will create splashing/bubbles and your return pump will suck them in, creating microbubbles in your display.

So at what height would I mount the sensor to maintain that water level? Ive got the water where I want it now, but when installing, how far below my desired water level should the sensor be?

SURVEYMAN46123

Reef a Palooza... anyone going in two weeks? I arrive on the 7th for a week of training for my job.  I'll have the afternoon to kill and am planning on enjoying my time at the event.   ??   

Aquathumb83

A little update on the Chaeto reactor setup. I found myself having an issue keeping a consistent water level in the sump AND the display. It seems as though having a separate pump for the reactor and another for the return was the issue. So what I did was I took out the return pump and stuck the reactor pump in its place and now have the return from the reactor connected to the display return nozzle. Also the Sicce 1.0 has plenty of power to run this setup.

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin
1 minute ago, frahny said:

Hey All, just dropping in to say hi before I get to reading these 76 pages?

it's a lot to catch up on, sounds like you're gonna need a couple cans of Red Balls :D

so do you have an IM10?  it's a great tank, and a great little "club" we have here!

Just now, gone_PHiSHin said:

it's a lot to catch up on, sounds like you're gonna need a couple cans of Red Balls :D

so do you have an IM10?  it's a great tank, and a great little "club" we have here!

Red balls gives you wings baby! :D I do just set one up. 

looks like a great club, several really stellar tanks here. I actually have two IM10's although only one it up and running. 

On 19/04/2017 at 5:20 AM, LX20000 said:

PUMP REPLACMENT !!

Would this provide enough flow to a chiller below the tank?

bonjorno2

Hey All,

I just set up my gently used Nuvo 10 that came with intanks media basket and a few other extras and livestock. I broke it down completely giving it a vinegar bath and just put substrate and water in it to start the cycle again. (I rehomed some livestock and transferred the rest into my QT) I really don't plan on many corals I have a 75g I am taking down due to hardwood floors being installed and ease of ownership so I am going to move them over once I have a more mature/stable system.

Now the question is what do you guys think about a basic LED light like this instead of some of the other ones out there. I am not really worried about keeping anything other than the leather, hammer, and some gsp.

http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx_NemoLight_AquaMarine_Nano_LED_Fixture_With_Controller_18_Watts_LED_Light_Fixtures_for_Aquariums-AquaMaxx-UJ94547-FILTFILD-vi.html

Russell's Reef_721

What's up guys! Looking to start my own Nuvo 10 in the near future as a family tank (probably just for me in my room though ;)). Read through most of the thread and was wondering if anyone has run into any major issues yet? Wanted to list everything I'm thinking about to hear some input/suggestions.

Equipment for Nuvo 10

• Aquamaxx Nemo Light
  • IM Media Basket (included with tank)
  • Reef Glass skimmer
  • Sicce Syncra 0.5 return pump
  • IM Spin Stream
  • Hydor Koralia 240
  • Cobalt Neo-Therm 50w
  • AutoAqua Micro Smart ATO (already owned)

All of this plus an RO/DI unit and Chemipure comes out to $552. Good buy? Any advice is greatly appreciated B)

kimberbee
10 hours ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

Any advice is greatly appreciated B)

Upgrade the media basket. The one is comes with is severely lacking in quality. Best option is in inTank media basket. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, kimberbee said:

Upgrade the media basket. The one is comes with is severely lacking in quality. Best option is in inTank media basket. 

Agreed, no experience with that light but looks like a good start. What are your stocking plans?

Russell's Reef_721
4 hours ago, frahny said:

Agreed, no experience with that light but looks like a good start. What are your stocking plans?

Probably going to do a zoa/ricordea garden and possibly have a Warpaint Goby and a Purple Firefish or Helfrichi. I want some movement, but want to keep down on the bio load. Also why I'm adding a skimmer on a tank that wouldn't necessarily need one.

• Like 1
SaltyBuddha

Fuge Mod

I posted this a while back when I wanted to shrink the 2nd chamber to make a larger fuge area in the 3rd chamber. After some trial and error I've figured it out so far. It accounts for about 20% of my water space, but I do have 7.5 lbs of love rock and 12 lbs of live sand (for a goby shrimp pair).

Anyway, I've got good growth and nitrates have gone down about 5ppm I'm two days since I've started using a JBJ nano glo. Initially had a cheap Amazon light that did not do anything except keep the chaeto alive. Check it out here if you are interested.

• Like 1

IM now has a 14 gallon peninsula tank out.  Just replaced my 10.... it has the same "side" dimension as the 10 has as a front dimension... so I look in the "side" and can then look 20" deep... basically an IM 10 made 5" deeper.....  It's a really sweet view.  If you have a deeper area you could set your tank, the 14 is a great upgrade... 40% more water can't hurt....

• Like 3
Russell's Reef_721
17 hours ago, LX20000 said:

IM now has a 14 gallon peninsula tank out.  Just replaced my 10.... it has the same "side" dimension as the 10 has as a front dimension... so I look in the "side" and can then look 20" deep... basically an IM 10 made 5" deeper.....  It's a really sweet view.  If you have a deeper area you could set your tank, the 14 is a great upgrade... 40% more water can't hurt....

Any lights you would recommend for it? I'm looking for something that will sit on the glass or be mounted on an arm. No hanging kits this time around.

WindyCityReefer.
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Aquathumb83 said:

A little update on the Chaeto reactor setup. I found myself having an issue keeping a consistent water level in the sump AND the display. It seems as though having a separate pump for the reactor and another for the return was the issue. So what I did was I took out the return pump and stuck the reactor pump in its place and now have the return from the reactor connected to the display return nozzle. Also the Sicce 1.0 has plenty of power to run this setup.

Any chance you would have some photos of the setup and the plumbing? I'd love to do the same thing in my IM 10

gone_PHiSHin
4 hours ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

Any lights you would recommend for it? I'm looking for something that will sit on the glass or be mounted on an arm. No hanging kits this time around.

you should check out the 100 days of nano contest thread.  they are all using that same tank and a current orbit marine pro light for a contest starting this week...you'll probably get some good ideas for your build

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

I have the Aqua Illumination Prime light... excellent light, gives great coverage, completely controllable for like 8 different colors.  You can completely program it will multiple steps, controlling each color, and you can do it all from your phone, PC or tablet.   A super cool setup.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/prime-hd-led-module-black-body-aqua-illumination.html

I have it mounted with the 12" AI flex arm, attached to the back wall of the tank

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/prime-flex-arm-12-inch-aqua-illumination.html

9 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

you should check out the 100 days of nano contest thread.  they are all using that same tank and a current orbit marine pro light for a contest starting this week...you'll probably get some good ideas for your build

I will look, but do you have a link for this thread ??