Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Are your nutrients under control? You could try chemiclean, it worked well for me. It doesn't hurt anything if you completely follow the instructions especially the aeration and water changes. 

Angry-Monkey

Hi everyone, another nuvo 10 here. This thread and the individual journals have all been super helpful getting me back into the hobby. Started a new journal, link for anyone interested: 

• Like 1

Hey fellow Nuvo 10 owners.

Has anyone upgraded their return pump?

I upgraded to a mj600 when i first set up the tank, and feel like it was too much flow.

It would cause the water to go into my front right clip, and run down the side of the tank a little each day.

I swapped back to the stock pump, and it seems to be a LOT better, what a waste. 

Would a spin stream be worth it to use the mj600 and stop the blasting water?  I have a mp10 in there, so think it may be better to just keep the mj600 for mixing water.

5 hours ago, Mckinney0171 said:

I use the Sicce 1.0 return.  Works great and is plenty of flow even with the spin stream installed.

Thats good to know! I just got my abyss warrantied and im getting the nuvo 10 and a 25 lagoon. And i wanna take the pump from the abyss which is 211GPH pump and didnt know if it would be to much. 

3 minutes ago, NanoxNoe said:

Thats good to know! I just got my abyss warrantied and im getting the nuvo 10 and a 25 lagoon. And i wanna take the pump from the abyss which is 211GPH pump and didnt know if it would be to much. 

Without a spin stream to cut down the flow it may be a bit much.  My mj600 was pushing too much water to the front of the tank / splashing it over even with it angled to the far corner, and its only likr 160 gph or whatever.  

2 hours ago, Tautoo said:

Without a spin stream to cut down the flow it may be a bit much.  My mj600 was pushing too much water to the front of the tank / splashing it over even with it angled to the far corner, and its only likr 160 gph or whatever.  

I do have a spin stream i can put on it. So hopefully it will work!

Does anyone have a sps dominant IM10?

8 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Love that tank! @Tuffryu is an sps master :)

I don't have as many but the ones I do have are doing pretty well lately. 

2017-08-12 IM10 Top Down

Lol Teeny, you're too kind. But I'm far from mastering! The 10 looks awesome as always!

50 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I saw this tank in person for the first time yesterday at an LFS, nothing in it, just the tank.  It's definitely a very handsome setup!

They are great!  And pretty reasonable price wise to boot.

54 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

They are great!  And pretty reasonable price wise to boot.

They are very nice!  Though for me it was confirmation that the shape won't be what I'm looking for lol.  But still, very striking!

Picked up some rock from a friend today. Just need to epoxy the pieces together then get some water in this thing so I can start cycling the rocks, I'll probably just add epuipmrnt over the next couple months while the tank is cycling.       received_10155662107516532.jpg.                                    received_10155662107646532.jpg

• Like 1

Hey I need some help quickly! I am leaving my house due to the hurricane and I plan on taking my tank so I can keep everything alive in case I lose power. That being said is the tank strong enough to support less than half of the water in it with some sand and 8lbs of LR?

I'd hate to drain some water in a bucket to transport and pick it up to have it come apart!

Thanks in advance!

25 minutes ago, bonjorno2 said:

Hey I need some help quickly! I am leaving my house due to the hurricane and I plan on taking my tank so I can keep everything alive in case I lose power. That being said is the tank strong enough to support less than half of the water in it with some sand and 8lbs of LR?

I'd hate to drain some water in a bucket to transport and pick it up to have it come apart!

Thanks in advance!

I think it would be OK if it was less than a quarter full, but I'd worry if it was half full. Do you have a cooler? You could just put the water, sand, rocks, and everything right in the cooler. Or even a rubbermaid tub.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

44 minutes ago, bonjorno2 said:

Thanks in advance!

I would not carry a glass tank half full with water.

I would put the rock/livestock in a bucket/cooler and throw away the sand. The sand might cause a ammonia issues if it is disturbed from trapped debris. You can just buy new sand later.

I hope you stay safe, If I was in Irma's path I would be taking my fish with me too!

I can catch the livestock two clowns and a sexy shrimp and put them in a bucket and take the water down further. I'd rather not stir up the sandbed when moving and last time I had a another 10g I setup and used for the hurricane last year.

I may just put a piece of wood under it and use that to support the weight and drain it down a decent ways. I have a few 5 g buckets I can use if needed. Thank you!

i would separate the livestock and the rock and keep them in separate buckets, and discard the sand and start fresh once you are settled, just like the two other responses.   think of the new sand as a 'thorough cleaning' of all the built up waste, and it's very cheap in comparison to a cracked tank!

fish/reef tanks aren't exactly easy pets to just pack up and take with you but it's something you have to do in this situation.  all i can do is hope the storm swings north and out to sea!

good luck but most importantly be safe and take care of yourself, your friends and family!

• Like 1