Coral Vue Hydros

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

Thank you this tank has only been up for a few months and I didn't think that it would be as easy to move as my stand 10g petco tank. I am just going to get my frags and fish in a bucket and rock and more water in the other and carry the tank supported by a piece of wood from the bottom to minimize stress on it.

I am in Melbourne FL and riding it out at my parents who have a generator. I have my shutters up on my house and live a few miles west of them up the road near I95.

Let's hope this thing slows down before it hits us!

• Like 1

Moved it earlier today and set it back up in under an hour total. Put most of the water and fish together in one 5g bucket with a few small inverts, and the rock and frags in the other tank. I kept about 2 inches of water in the bottom and the sand and placed it on a piece of wood and moved it on that. So far so good, planning a small WC to keep up with my normal schedule!

• Like 1

keep us updated but good to hear so far!

has anyone replaced the return nozzle on this tank with loc-line?  i'm thinking about splitting the return nozzle with a 1/2" loc line Y adapter and putting on two flare nozzles to split my flow in two directions.  

has anyone done this?  does it fit?  i'm trying to figure out all the pieces i'd need to do this. i've always disliked the return nozzle hardware with this tank, pretty much the only thing i dislike about the IM10 (other than the return pump which i replaced with a Sicce Syncra right away)

On 9/8/2017 at 3:06 PM, bonjorno2 said:

Moved it earlier today and set it back up in under an hour total. Put most of the water and fish together in one 5g bucket with a few small inverts, and the rock and frags in the other tank. I kept about 2 inches of water in the bottom and the sand and placed it on a piece of wood and moved it on that. So far so good, planning a small WC to keep up with my normal schedule!

Where did you end up going to?

On 9/8/2017 at 11:03 PM, gone_PHiSHin said:

keep us updated but good to hear so far!

has anyone replaced the return nozzle on this tank with loc-line?  i'm thinking about splitting the return nozzle with a 1/2" loc line Y adapter and putting on two flare nozzles to split my flow in two directions.  

has anyone done this?  does it fit?  i'm trying to figure out all the pieces i'd need to do this. i've always disliked the return nozzle hardware with this tank, pretty much the only thing i dislike about the IM10 (other than the return pump which i replaced with a Sicce Syncra right away)

I've been thinking of doing the same. I'm going to my LFS today or tomorrow i'll ask them see if i can find an answer.

6 hours ago, Ezrunner23 said:

I've been thinking of doing the same. I'm going to my LFS today or tomorrow i'll ask them see if i can find an answer.

I did this on my IM fusion a couple days ago. there isn't a ton of clearance to the right of the return so I didn't end up putting a flare nozzle on the side closest to the glass. I'm using a sicce 0.5 for the return pump and even with the flow at max it still seems pretty diffuse..

20170911_202336.thumb.jpg.1cc9daa15fe671a0a86eb35ef94dc2b5.jpg

i'm assuming it's the 1/2" fittings correct?

is there any way to use the Male NPT Connector through the bulkhead and get rid of that clear piece that comes on there stock? https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-male-npt-connector.html

im about to just order all the loc line pieces from BRS, risk the 20 bucks or whatever, and see if i can make it happen.  i was just hoping someone had already done this...

I ordered the half inch fitting and just ended up supergluing to y-splitter to the original return spout (minus the flare nozzle of course). Can't comment on your current plan, sorry.

• Like 1

New Nuvo 10 owner here. Looks like lots of great info in this thread. My next upgrade is going to be the return pump. The tank is in my bedroom and it is a little noisy. Right now for flow I have the stock pump and a Koralia nano 240. With both, the flow seemed to be a little much so I threw the 240 on an old JBJ controller I had for 6 minutes on/off and that helped a bit. Once I get a controller or wifi timer I may also cut it off at night. 

I would like to have enough flow with just the return pump. Looks like the Sicce pumps are what everyone is using. I like what some of you have done with splitting the return nozzle. With it split is the Sicce 0.5 enough flow?Has anyone tried the IM spin streams with the Sicce pumps? Just trying to figure out if I should order the 0.5 or the 1.0 pump. Can the pumps be dialed back if I go with the bigger size? Are there any better pump options out there? Sorry for all the questions lol, thanks in advance.

if you aren't going to have an SPS dedicated tank then the Sicce Syncra 0.5 is perfect.

i am a big fan of not having any pumps or powerheads in the display in nano tanks.  i am about to split my return nozzle and think the 0.5 will still have enough flow for my tank.  it's more about where you point the nozzle imo.  sometimes i will keep adjusting my return nozzle for 30+ minutes trying to get it just perfect for all the corals, with enough surface agitation, and not moving sand around, etc. and even the slightest movement will affect the flow/corals.  it can be pretty frustrating sometimes haha

i have a few SPS in my tank with mostly LPS and think even a dialed back 1.0 would be too much.  

i would highly recommend the 0.5 for this tank is what i'm trying to say B)

16 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

i have a few SPS in my tank with mostly LPS and think even a dialed back 1.0 would be too much.  

i would highly recommend the 0.5 for this tank is what i'm trying to say B)

Awesome thanks for the recommendation I plan on doing LPS and Zoos maybe a few SPS. I am using it as a frag tank and so it just bare bottom.  So if I split it, one end would be directed towards the bottom to keep detritus off the bottom to be filtered out and then maybe just a flare nozzle for the majority of the flow. For sure keep us updated on the split and how it works out :D

the good thing about a bare bottom tank is that you don't have to worry about too much flow blowing your sand around 

and if it's just a frag tank then you also don't have to worry about the placement of corals on your live rock being affected/determined by flow

i'd be worried about the 1.0 being too much with a bare bottom frag tank, as there aren't as many obstructions limiting the flow

Yea those a very good points. Just me me know how it works out with the 0.5 and loc-line. I plan on deciding and ordering here in a couple weeks. I guess if worse came to worse and I went with the 1.0 I could reduce the flow with two inline ball values

I have since broken my IM10 down to move to an IM20, but I found for non-SPS tanks, a Sicce 1.0 with a spinstream was perfect for no ph tanks.  The spinstream randomizes the flow at the cost of power.  The 1.0 countered the slowdown.

4 hours ago, SarlinDescent said:

I have since broken my IM10 down to move to an IM20, but I found for non-SPS tanks, a Sicce 1.0 with a spinstream was perfect for no ph tanks.  The spinstream randomizes the flow at the cost of power.  The 1.0 countered the slowdown.

Thanks I was wondering about the spin stream route. Was it loud? I heard it makes an annoying clicking sound.

i am not a fan of the spinstream

good idea, poor execution.  its loud, big, and distracting

the loudest thing on my tank is my light fan, and even so it's pretty quiet.  imo a tank should not have ANY annoying sounds, it's supposed to be a relaxing part of your living area.

On 9/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, Angry-Monkey said:

I did this on my IM fusion a couple days ago. there isn't a ton of clearance to the right of the return so I didn't end up putting a flare nozzle on the side closest to the glass. I'm using a sicce 0.5 for the return pump and even with the flow at max it still seems pretty diffuse..

20170911_202336.thumb.jpg.1cc9daa15fe671a0a86eb35ef94dc2b5.jpg

Ok so I went yesterday but they couldn't help! I've been brainstorming and I have two ideas! Just need to put them on paper so you can somewhat understand what I'm talking about! 

Ok so with the first one just split the return with a Y one you return it to the original return and the other goes over and under canester type of return!  

The second one one is just adding a pvc pipe at the height you want it and drilling holes all the way down for a gyre type of flow! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ezrunner23 said:

Ok so with the first one just split the return with a Y one you return it to the original return and the other goes over and under canester type of return!  

The second one one is just adding a pvc pipe at the height you want it and drilling holes all the way down for a gyre type of flow! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Kinda like the gyre idea. I don't know if you know but they have a bunch of different loc-line fittings. They have one with an inline spray nozzle. Would be nice because you could adjust each fitting to direct flow where you wanted. Maybe just an inline ball valve to adjust flow then use a 90 degree elbow to make a spray bar on the back wall of the tank. You could maybe put the ball valve on the return chamber side so the bar could hug the wall closer.

Loc-Line-1-2-inch-Ball-Socket-Inline-Valve-99.jpg

Loc-Line-1-2-inch-Ball-Socket-90-degree-Elbow-1.jpg

Loc-Line-1-2-inch-Side-Outlet-Nozzle-(2-inch-Long)-99.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Got my light in today, for $55 shipped this thing is pretty awesome, it has 4 channels that are controlled with the included remote. Tank has been running for 3 weeks and according to the test kit everything is zeroed out so I might start adding some things in the next few days.            IMG_20171006_204547.jpg

• Like 2

Just read through this and wanted to comment. I've had my IM 10 set up since August and am using a Sicce 1.0 with a Random Flow Generator from vivid aquatics. I've got no powerhead in the display and feel really am liking the amount of flow. Besides that, these are fantastic little tanks and it's been a lot of fun!

• Like 1
Angry-Monkey
1 hour ago, hinnenkm said:

Just read through this and wanted to comment. I've had my IM 10 set up since August and am using a Sicce 1.0 with a Random Flow Generator from vivid aquatics. I've got no powerhead in the display and feel really am liking the amount of flow. Besides that, these are fantastic little tanks and it's been a lot of fun!

How high does your water level get with the 1.0? I've got the 0.5 cranked up to max and the water is just under the bottoms of the acrylic brackets. Wondering if return was much more you'd get salt creep up the brackets (which I've experienced a bit of).