Pod Your Reef

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

19 minutes ago, Aquathumb83 said:

So I have the reactors installed and flowing. They are empty as of right now. Learned that the filter pads in these won't keep Chemi Pure Blue from flowing into the tank. Luckily I caught it before it got too crazy. Wednesday the led strip light will be here and I'll get that installed and get more CPB and some chaeto and some more pics.

Can you show how you are hooking it up to the tank? I'm looking to do something similar with a Fusion 20. I think I want to pump the water out of the second chamber on one of the sides and plumb the return from the reactor directly into the return on the back wall of the Fusion's rear sump. Have you run your pump? How is the flow going through? I know there is no media or anything at the moment but I'm very interested to see how this goes. 

Aquathumb83

I have a Sicce 1.0 pump in the second chamber and the return going into the return chamber. I can't really say much about flow yet as the reactors are empty.

josephcosta

Hey all. Does anyone have any experience or ideas of cutting the flow rate down on the MP10? It's lowest flow rate is much too high to create randomness in the IM10 tank. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

For those with a backlit fuge, what did you use to remove the black "stuff" on the back to let light in. I'd just like to have a clean window without removing the entire black backing. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, josephcosta said:

Hey all. Does anyone have any experience or ideas of cutting the flow rate down on the MP10? It's lowest flow rate is much too high to create randomness in the IM10 tank. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I found it very difficult to get random flow in the IM10's. Instead try to have the mp10's flow collide with the return's flow.

Also, consider keeping the higher flow rate, my tank didn't really start to flourish until I bumped mine up pretty high.

40 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

For those with a backlit fuge, what did you use to remove the black "stuff" on the back to let light in. I'd just like to have a clean window without removing the entire black backing. 

The backing is just stuck on like a big sticker. Take a razor and cut out a square as needed.

Also, everyone that's tried the rear fuge has abandoned it due to it being such a small space.

You really need a sump to run a fuge.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Droy008 said:

I found it very difficult to get random flow in the IM10's. Instead try to have the mp10's flow collide with the return's flow.

Also, consider keeping the higher flow rate, my tank didn't really start to flourish until I bumped mine up pretty high.

The backing is just stuck on like a big sticker. Take a razor and cut out a square as needed.

Also, everyone that's tried the rear fuge has abandoned it due to it being such a small space.

You really need a sump to run a fuge.

I got the the inTank fuge basket. I just aimed on tumbling some chaeto back there. Not a true fuge so to speak, just another source of nutrient export. No go?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

I got the the inTank fuge basket. I just aimed on tumbling some chaeto back there. Not a true fuge so to speak, just another source of nutrient export. No go?

I think the trouble you will find is 2 fold.

1: The small space with fill up rapidly with Chaeto, causing a couple problems, but detritus buildup being the biggest.

Also it's hard to fit enough in there to really reduce nutrients.

Instead I would strongly suggest looking at display macros. A couple members here have had astounding successes with them.

2: light, it's really hard to get enough light back there to do you any good.

A lot of people run Chaeto in fuges where they can setup a dedicated light and invest in the real estate required.

Please don't take my word as that of a pro, instead, these are the observations of myself and a couple of other members. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Droy008 said:

I think the trouble you will find is 2 fold.

1: The small space with fill up rapidly with Chaeto, causing a couple problems, but detritus buildup being the biggest.

Also it's hard to fit enough in there to really reduce nutrients.

Instead I would strongly suggest looking at display macros. A couple members here have had astounding successes with them.

2: light, it's really hard to get enough light back there to do you any good.

A lot of people run Chaeto in fuges where they can setup a dedicated light and invest in the real estate required.

Please don't take my word as that of a pro, instead, these are the observations of myself and a couple of other members. :)

Well the stuff is all ordered so I figure why not give it a go. Regular pruning won't be an issue and I'd hope junk build up will be minimal as it'll be in chamber 2 so the water can pass through the floss and media basket in chamber 1 first. If it doesn't work out I'll still have the second basket to run some other kind of filtration. 

• Like 1

I think it's worth a try, let us know how it goes! When I tried mine it was just one section of the InTank media basket, so there was very little chaeto and not enough light, all it did was collect detritus even though it was after the filter floss. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

I think it's worth a try, let us know how it goes! When I tried mine it was just one section of the InTank media basket, so there was very little chaeto and not enough light, all it did was collect detritus even though it was after the filter floss. 

Lol yeah I remember, read through this whole thread not so long ago. I like that the inTank fuge seems to have a decent bit of room, for a small aio, tucked away in the back deal. 

• Like 1
FishWrangler

How many of you use a powerhead for additional flow?

Right now I have the stock return pump and a small powerhead.... 

If I upgraded to a Sicce 1.0 on the return and use a Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector or split it, would that be enough for decent flow?  All I have are zoas, softies, shrooms, etc....so nothing that needs alot of flow anyway.

• Like 1
Aquathumb83
2 minutes ago, FishWrangler said:

How many of you use a powerhead for additional flow?

Right now I have the stock return pump and a small powerhead.... 

If I upgraded to a Sicce 1.0 on the return and use a Hydor FLO Rotating Water Deflector or split it, would that be enough for decent flow?  All I have are zoas, softies, shrooms, etc....so nothing that needs alot of flow anyway.

With your selection of corals I think a Sicce 0.5 would be sufficient. I wouldnt put the rotating ruturns on as they're prone to stop working and reduce the amount of flow from the pump. I would put a Y splitter on the return.

• Like 1

After months and months of fighting weird algae and bacteria, my IM10 finally seems to be heading in the right direction again. I moved a lot of the corals back in from where they've been boarding in the IM40. I'm going to wait a week or two just to make sure it continues to improve, and then I'll finally be able to move the acros and other sps back in.

2017-04-06 IM10 FTS

• Like 8

Hey guys. I want to get this tank as my second tank. It will mainly be for zoas and a pair of clown fish. I will be getting the kit with the light and then buying the media seperator kit. I have the sand water Bacteria etc. should I get a skimmer or a reactor first and would i need a power head for zoas and other corals. Thanks 

Well i turned off notification to I'm commenting so I can get notified 

• Like 1
gone_PHiSHin
3 minutes ago, Obrowell said:

Not as good as many but it brings me happiness! :-)

IMG_0177.JPG

i think it looks great!

love the large acan colony down there.  everything looks happy and healthy.  thumbs up from me!

what light you running?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

i think it looks great!

love the large acan colony down there.  everything looks happy and healthy.  thumbs up from me!

what light you running?

Ahem....I'm ashamed to say just the stock one...for now. In fairness things are responding to it fairly well (especially the Adams and frogspawn), but I am going to try the Kessil A80 as lfs has good offers on them at the moment. 

On 4/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, Aquathumb83 said:

Lights installed on Chaeto reactor.

IMG_1043.JPG

How is this working out so far? Did you connect it to return right into the main display return or have it going back into the sump area? I'm hoping to get some time to setup something similar this weekend.