ReefCleaners.org

Innovative Marine Fusion 10 Club

obeythefro

7 hours ago, Ezrunner23 said:

hello everyone I just set up my nuvo 10 two weeks ago still cycling at the moment with no lights. I've been looking into the ai prime hd I was just wondering if anyone has it and how its going for you so far! I also just ordered the sicce 1.0 to have more flow.

I think that may be what Gena has over hers, though she had it over a 20 drop-off first. :)

• Like 1
On 8/9/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ezrunner23 said:

hello everyone I just set up my nuvo 10 two weeks ago still cycling at the moment with no lights. I've been looking into the ai prime hd I was just wondering if anyone has it and how its going for you so far! I also just ordered the sicce 1.0 to have more flow.

It's a great light for the tank.  I ran one over a 20G, you most likely won't run it higher than 50% on the little Nuvo.  I have a Kessil A160 over mine right now, never really gets over 25% with softies.

On 8/9/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ezrunner23 said:

I do have one over my nuvo 10.  Works GREAT for it.  My favorite light I've had so far :)

1 hour ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

Considering the Eshopps nano skimmer. Does it fit? If so, how does it perform?

I have one in mine. It fits but some people have trouble with light brackets that protrude too much into the center chamber. It works great! 

• Like 2
Russell's Reef_721

FINALLY CAME IN!

I have everything set up (except for the led strip for the Chaeto reactor). Going to get some live rock and a bucket of established water to help speed up the cycle.

Equipment:

• Aquamaxx NemoLight 18w LED
  • Aquamaxx FR-SE reactor paired with an AccelAquatics LED fuge strip
  • Hydor Theo 50w heater
  • Tunze Silence 1073.008 return pump
  • Auto Aqua Smart Micro ATO

Going to be running Chemipure Blue nano packets in the sock.

I also have Arag-Alive Bahama Oolite sand. Opinions? I love the fine sand look, but I think it might get blown around <_<

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

• Like 1
Russell's Reef_721
2 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

your instincts are correct, the oolite looks cool but it certainly gets blown around

Think I should just go with Fiji Pink? Looking to get a little sand sifter.

2 hours ago, Russell's Reef_721 said:

FINALLY CAME IN!

I have everything set up (except for the led strip for the Chaeto reactor). Going to get some live rock and a bucket of established water to help speed up the cycle.

Equipment:

• Aquamaxx NemoLight 18w LED
  • Aquamaxx FR-SE reactor paired with an AccelAquatics LED fuge strip
  • Hydor Theo 50w heater
  • Tunze Silence 1073.008 return pump
  • Auto Aqua Smart Micro ATO

Going to be running Chemipure Blue nano packets in the sock.

I also have Arag-Alive Bahama Oolite sand. Opinions? I love the fine sand look, but I think it might get blown around <_<

IMG_4331.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

If that's a Hydor Theo, keep an eye on it and maybe add a temperature controller to it.  Mine had the wonkiest internal thermostat ever...

Russell's Reef_721
10 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

If that's a Hydor Theo, keep an eye on it and maybe add a temperature controller to it.  Mine had the wonkiest internal thermostat ever...

I heard about that. I was constantly monitoring my temp on my old tank, but the probe thermometer crapped out. But when the thermometer did work, it kept the temp at a consistent 80*F. Getting a new one for the Nuvo today.

• Like 1
On 8/15/2017 at 8:44 AM, gena said:

I do have one over my nuvo 10.  Works GREAT for it.  My favorite light I've had so far :)

Thanks, Gena. I've been thinking on getting a cheaper light or a used AI prime (non-HD)so i can get an ATO so the salinity can be stable either way i'm just keeping softies and polyps but was thinking of the future just in-case i wanted to upgrade later since i have 2 Ten gallon reef tanks(nuvo 10 & standard 10 gallon with HOB filter. 

4 hours ago, Ezrunner23 said:

Thanks, Gena. I've been thinking on getting a cheaper light or a used AI prime (non-HD)so i can get an ATO so the salinity can be stable either way i'm just keeping softies and polyps but was thinking of the future just in-case i wanted to upgrade later since i have 2 Ten gallon reef tanks(nuvo 10 & standard 10 gallon with HOB filter. 

With softies, you really don't need anything fancy.  Look for a good price on a used one if you really like the Prime :).  There are so many acceptable lighting options for a softy tank!

Just picked this up today, figured I'd post a pic. Will start a build thread soon as progression starts.                                     image.jpg

• Like 3
SouthFlorida_Tron

GUYS!!!!!!

I need help...... I haven't been able to rid myself of this mess... its stubborn... i am unsure if its related to feeding, could be photo period, or temperature... 

Water changes are completed weekly, and chemipure blue is maintained regularly... 

Please help!!!

36471974280_771cf1d90a_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, SouthFlorida_Tron said:

GUYS!!!!!!

I need help...... I haven't been able to rid myself of this mess... its stubborn... i am unsure if its related to feeding, could be photo period, or temperature... 

Water changes are completed weekly, and chemipure blue is maintained regularly... 

Please help!!!

36471974280_771cf1d90a_c.jpg

More info! What are your water params?  Whats your feeding schedule?  What is your photo period?

SouthFlorida_Tron

Feed a little bit of mysis or brine daily, not too much, change floss regularly...

lighting from ai ai prime is 12 hours but very very low power. Low blues from 10am-12, and 8-10pm... bulk of lighting is noon to 8pm

Russell's Reef_721
35 minutes ago, CrazyEyes said:

Looks like cyano, siphon out what you can and do a 3 day blackout where you don't turn the lights on. Tank also might need more flow. 

It's Dinoflagellates. Best thing to do is siphon and water change. No need to do a blackout.

Do they go away at night and come back during the day? That would be an indicator that they could be dinos. They look like dinos to me but it's hard to be sure.