inTank Media Baskets

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks great Teeny!

Thanks! 

Btw the dogs were very happy to have everybody home again. They played for about five hours straight and then passed out. 

20170812_223220.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

great shot of the pups.  the little guy is too cute

and i STILL want some of those  teenylettis in my IM10 ;)

Thanks! 

The teenylettis grow very slowly. They're one of the first corals I ever got in this tank and they still haven't outgrown their spot. 

But there's hope, sort of. I spotted an aiptasia in the teenyletti rock. If the AiptasiaRx doesn't work, I'm going to break the rock apart to make sure it's destroyed. And if I do that I'll probably cut up the teenyletti. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

your tank wants me to get a couple of montis for my tank. But where would I put them?

There's always room for monti caps you just have to be willing to be ruthless about keeping them trimmed back :D

• Like 1
17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

The tank did just fine while I was gone. I scraped the algae, did a heavy feeding, and took a couple quick pictures. 

2017-08-12 IM10 FTS

2017-08-12 IM10 Top Down

Gorgeous!!!!

As always.

17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks! 

Btw the dogs were very happy to have everybody home again. They played for about five hours straight and then passed out. 

20170812_223220.jpg

:wub:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

Gorgeous!!!!

As always.

:wub:

Thanks, Weetie! 

Murphy went to the vet today. It was a very scary place but he enjoyed the car ride! 

download_20170814_105012.jpg

• Like 11
On 8/13/2017 at 0:10 AM, teenyreef said:

The tank did just fine while I was gone. I scraped the algae, did a heavy feeding, and took a couple quick pictures. 

Absolutely gorgeous tank!

5 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

The reef looks amazing teeny! I can't get over those monti caps, those are the perfect trio of colors.

I agree. Makes me want to get montis. Maybe Teeny can frag some of each of his and send them to me :P

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Pjanssen said:

I agree. Makes me want to get montis. Maybe Teeny can frag some of each of his and send them to me :P

They're getting big enough that I'll probably have little frags all the time soon! 

3 hours ago, gena said:

I see that bad aptasia :o.  Save the teenylettis from that monster LOL. 

Looking great!!!!

I figured that would be a popular course of action :lol:

• Like 4
gone_PHiSHin

how are the duncans doing?

mine have closed up tightly at least a few times in the past couple weeks but are always ok the next day.  nothing has really changed in my tank and everything else seems fine but they seem to be doing this more often?  

weird.  anyone have any idea why they do this?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

mine have closed up tightly at least a few times in the past couple weeks but are always ok the next day.  nothing has really changed in my tank and everything else seems fine but they seem to be doing this more often?  

Do you have clowns? Mine would try hosting in them and end up just pissing the Duncan's off. 

gone_PHiSHin

nope, no clowns.  just a peaceful TSB.

nothing seems to be bothering them, they just close up for a day and are fine the next.  they've been doing this maybe once a week?  it always makes me nervous when they do though.  i've heard people say before that their duncans are a barometer of the water quality. 

everything else is behaving normally.

2 hours ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

Mine are back to normal today - I'll post a picture in my 40g thread.

52 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Do you have clowns? Mine would try hosting in them and end up just pissing the Duncan's off. 

Mine too. But my duncans are big enough that the clowns don't really bother them any more.

14 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

nope, no clowns.  just a peaceful TSB.

nothing seems to be bothering them, they just close up for a day and are fine the next.  they've been doing this maybe once a week?  it always makes me nervous when they do though.  i've heard people say before that their duncans are a barometer of the water quality. 

everything else is behaving normally.

Maybe chemical warfare from some other softy? Mine never close up in the 40g (until last weekend), but they used to do it every so often in the 4g. Do you run carbon?

gone_PHiSHin

i do run carbon, about a tablespoon and a half, intank media basket in IM10 

i dont have any softies near them really, they are kind of secluded to the back corner.  they do come close to a monti cap that is at the top of their tentacle reach but i doubt that is affecting them.

glad yours are back to normal, hopefully mine do the same tomorrow!

• Like 1

Carribean Fish Collectors has his five green banded gobies for sale on Ebay!!! 5 for $18.99, plus #39.99 for overnight shipping. I just ordered five omgomgomg

Several of us have ordered from this supplier before with good results. My first order arrived overheated and all fish dead, but he shipped me a replacement order immediately at no charge, and all five made it fine.

I think I'll put two in this tank and three in the 40g.

For those of you that want GBG's, here's the link. He has three more orders available as of now, but they go super quick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-FISH-PACK-live-saltwater-fish-/282611170528?category=0&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqDkkWXYxrVw/A==&emailtemplateid=135857558&sellerid=abgl/Dyo1eHVX9acl6UETQ==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG

• Like 4