ReefCleaners.org

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

So every time I see new pictures from you my eyes go big like saucers and my hubby says " what?what happened?" And I'm like "This! This glorious piece of ocean eye candy!" Bahaha. 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, spectra said:

Just saw this! Tank looks great and Murphy well.........you better post more pics :lol: 

Thanks, Spectra! Here's one for you. He played hard today and passed out on the couch tonight :lol:

20170726_215351.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Adorable puppy! I have one too but he is almost a 6 month old tornado now... lol! Enjoy the pupper... puppyhood goes by all too fast!

My puppers is border collie, australian shepherd, rough collie, and german shepherd (25% of each). 

Hope you don't mine me sharing a picture on your thread but want to share in the herding breed love :wub:

36152167916_9908955b43.jpg2017-07-27_12-39-13 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 9

Oh he's a cutie! What's his name? 

My daughter has a one year old border/aussie mix, and he is a fantastic dog. Of course I might be biased since he's my grandpup :)

He also might have been one of cutest puppies I've ever seen... 

download_20170727_020934.jpg

• Like 13
Legendary Corals

Wow, the Hyper Phoenix are looking great in your tank! If I recall, this tank used to look really filled in. Did something happen?

• Like 1

His name is Zyggy (Ziggy), he is a little zig-zag machine. His parents are working dogs on a cattle farm so he has a lot of go-go drive. We are in beginner agility atm. Plan to do dock diving and flyball but he isn't old enough yet. 

I feel like he was just a small pup just yesterday!

34575619921_16f200118c.jpgIMG_20170516_182511 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

• Like 7
18 hours ago, Legendary Corals said:

Wow, the Hyper Phoenix are looking great in your tank! If I recall, this tank used to look really filled in. Did something happen?

Thanks, Darwin! Last October (about 25 pages ago) I started seeing some weird kind of algae/bacteria growing all over everything, and things went steadily downhill for months after that. I had to pull out all the sps, then acans, and many of the zoas to save what was left, and eventually got things back in track by pretty much rebaselining everything, doing massive water changes, and pulling all the rocks and scrubbing with a toothbrush. I repeated this every couple weeks for about two months, and now things are looking good again.

Hopefully in a few more months of stable parameters things will be filled in more!

I will get some pictures of the other corals I got from you!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Tamberav said:

His name is Zyggy (Ziggy), he is a little zig-zag machine. His parents are working dogs on a cattle farm so he has a lot of go-go drive. We are in beginner agility atm. Plan to do dock diving and flyball but he isn't old enough yet. 

I feel like he was just a small pup just yesterday!

34575619921_16f200118c.jpgIMG_20170516_182511 by Tana Jahangier, on Flickr

Omigosh :wub:

I love agility training, although we've never done it with any of our Shelties. Jasper, our older boy, did do some herding training with sheep and ducks, and he loved it. Our neighbors across the street have a yard on the lake, and they have trouble with a huge flock of Canada geese camping out in their yard and pooping everywhere. So when we see the geese, we let Jasper run across the street and chase the geese away (we live on a culdesac, so no cars). He zips right over, chases them back across the lake, and zips right back to the house :)

• Like 6
44 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Omigosh :wub:

I love agility training, although we've never done it with any of our Shelties. Jasper, our older boy, did do some herding training with sheep and ducks, and he loved it. Our neighbors across the street have a yard on the lake, and they have trouble with a huge flock of Canada geese camping out in their yard and pooping everywhere. So when we see the geese, we let Jasper run across the street and chase the geese away (we live on a culdesac, so no cars). He zips right over, chases them back across the lake, and zips right back to the house :)

I'd love to be able to do that with our dogs. Unfortunately all of our lake have alligators

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

I'd love to be able to do that with our dogs. Unfortunately all of our lake have alligators

Ewww, that would be awful :mellow:

• Like 1

Presley, our grandpup, is here for the weekend. He loves puppies! Murphy, the puppy, is pretty sure he loves Presley too. But not completely sure :lol:

download_20170729_102849.jpg

• Like 12
  • Haha 1
RIP Sebastian

Murphy looks like a stuffed animal there! So cute. Seems like the time of year when everyone is getting new pets- I got a new baby about two months ago, too.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Murphy looks like a stuffed animal there! So cute. Seems like the time of year when everyone is getting new pets- I got a new baby about two months ago, too.

Welcome back! What did you get? What's new with you?

RIP Sebastian
Just now, teenyreef said:

Welcome back! What did you get? What's new with you?

Oh! Thanks. I've been pretty busy this summer- I was on a school exchange and have been doing a lot of upkeep with my house and my grandmother's, plus volunteer hours for school. The tank has taken a bit of a back seat and I'm currently using peroxide to eradicate a bit of a caulerpa infestation.

36244909935_ed7d3a540f.jpgElizabeth Tower by npvalenta1, on Flickr

I was in England for my school exchange.

35410731724_acf80b5f60.jpgBaby Shakespeare by npvalenta1, on Flickr

This is our fourth baby pig, Shakespeare! My mother saw him, and it was Mother's Day, so we brought him home. He's quite the little public menace!

• Like 9
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Presley, our grandpup, is here for the weekend. He loves puppies! Murphy, the puppy, is pretty sure he loves Presley too. But not completely sure :lol:

download_20170729_102849.jpg

Presley looks pretty intense, Like "See here pup, just do what I say and nobody gets hurt!"

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RIP Sebastian said:

Oh! Thanks. I've been pretty busy this summer- I was on a school exchange and have been doing a lot of upkeep with my house and my grandmother's, plus volunteer hours for school. The tank has taken a bit of a back seat and I'm currently using peroxide to eradicate a bit of a caulerpa infestation.

36244909935_ed7d3a540f.jpgElizabeth Tower by npvalenta1, on Flickr

I was in England for my school exchange.

35410731724_acf80b5f60.jpgBaby Shakespeare by npvalenta1, on Flickr

This is our fourth baby pig, Shakespeare! My mother saw him, and it was Mother's Day, so we brought him home. He's quite the little public menace!

Oh, my, Shakespeare is so cute :wub:

I'll bet you had a blast in England!

1 hour ago, Pjanssen said:

Presley looks pretty intense, Like "See here pup, just do what I say and nobody gets hurt!"

Lol, you're right! ButHe's actually very gentle and peaceful with the puppy :)

• Like 1

My "yellow wall acans" from Cultivated Reef have yellow walls for the first time since I first got them. I can die happy now :lol:

Yellow Wall Acans

They actually look more yellow in real life...

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
On 7/30/2017 at 7:41 AM, Pjanssen said:

beautiful:wub:

Thanks, they're becoming my favorites as they color up! 

Time for a few more puppy pics. Murphy is doing great. He played with my daughter's dog Presley all weekend and was exhausted all day Monday :lol:

download_20170801_005124.jpg

download_20170801_005130.jpg

• Like 12
6 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks, they're becoming my favorites as they color up! 

Time for a few more puppy pics. Murphy is doing great. He played with my daughter's dog Presley all weekend and was exhausted all day Monday :lol:

download_20170801_005124.jpg

download_20170801_005130.jpg

Sheesh, cuteness overload!!

• Like 1

Here's my view of the tank from my desk chair. 

2017-07-30 IM10 FTS

I'm going on vacation for a week, so I stayed up late getting water changes and other maintenance done so all the tank sitter has to do is drop cubes of frozen and dose PhosphateRX. 

• Like 9
2 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Here's my view of the tank from my desk chair. 

2017-07-30 IM10 FTS

I'm going on vacation for a week, so I stayed up late getting water changes and other maintenance done so all the tank sitter has to do is drop cubes of frozen and dose PhosphateRX. 

Looks beautiful man.  Enjoy the vacation! 

• Like 1