Coral Vue Hydros

TeenyReef's 10g Fusion - ATO Disaster

teenyreef

1 minute ago, Pjanssen said:

you could keep the contest tank goingB)

Or! I could trust my handy dandy Cadlights skimmer! 

Or or I could not try to put nine fish in a 20...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
22 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Carribean Fish Collectors has his five green banded gobies for sale on Ebay!!! 5 for $18.99, plus #39.99 for overnight shipping. I just ordered five omgomgomg

Several of us have ordered from this supplier before with good results. My first order arrived overheated and all fish dead, but he shipped me a replacement order immediately at no charge, and all five made it fine.

I think I'll put two in this tank and three in the 40g.

For those of you that want GBG's, here's the link. He has three more orders available as of now, but they go super quick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-GREEN-BANDED-GOBIES-FISH-PACK-live-saltwater-fish-/282611170528?category=0&buyerid=FpRekKD1aqDkkWXYxrVw/A==&emailtemplateid=135857558&sellerid=abgl/Dyo1eHVX9acl6UETQ==&refid=store&ssPageName=ADME:B:SEMK:US:LISTG

That is where I got my 5 from, I think they sent 6 last time. They were healthy and great!!! When I moved I got rid of all my fish (and most coral) except a pair of clowns simply because the move wasn't smooth at all. It is tempting to buy another 5 ;p

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

They really are great fish for a nano tank. And even in a bigger tank they are pretty much absolutely fearless! 

No conflicts with a yellowline goby? My neon dottyback is surprisingly nice; the bigger clown keeps it in check.. :P 

stop it, maria, it's not happening

• Like 2
Nano sapiens
48 minutes ago, Mariaface said:

No conflicts with a yellowline goby? My neon dottyback is surprisingly nice; the bigger clown keeps it in check.. :P 

stop it, maria, it's not happening

I have both...no problems other than a bit of harmless posturing.  

• Like 2

I have always thought the GBGs were cute, but never had a massive urge to buy them. After seeing them in person at a local shop yesterday, I may have been bitten by the bug! I'm rethinking my fish planning for the 25 now...<_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I have always thought the GBGs were cute, but never had a massive urge to buy them. After seeing them in person at a local shop yesterday, I may have been bitten by the bug! I'm rethinking my fish planning for the 25 now...<_<

If I saw one at my LFS, it would no longer be at my LFS :lol:.  The first time I ever saw one was at a friend's house in San Diego.  His hung out on and around his open brain coral.  It was the cutest fish I'd ever seen.  Lots of movement, playful, pretty.  I watched that fish for hours.  I've been hooked ever since :wub:.  They just aren't easy to find locally.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, gena said:

If I saw one at my LFS, it would no longer be at my LFS :lol:.  The first time I ever saw one was at a friend's house in San Diego.  His hung out on and around his open brain coral.  It was the cutest fish I'd ever seen.  Lots of movement, playful, pretty.  I watched that fish for hours.  I've been hooked ever since :wub:.  They just aren't easy to find locally.

Yeah I may end up grabbing one today. I am trading in a big rock full of Nuclear Greens and the newer clown that my clown doesn't like, and was going to pick up a replacement clown. I'll try to snag one of the GBGs as well!

• Like 2
Nano sapiens

GBG are cute when small, but the males develop huge cheek muscles when they mature and the head/jaw area puffs up to the point where they can no longer close their mouths!    This allows them to grab onto rival males and shake 'em like a bulldog :)

5974f34e14833_GBGMalesDisplaying_072317.jpg.733630578d94d9aa022cad4127d82032.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I was working from home this afternoon when Murphy came by for protection from the evil vacuum cleaner monster.

20170821_163708.jpg

Apparently it wasn't all that scary after all :lol:

20170821_164214.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, gena said:

Truth, I have never seen them locally.

• Like 1

So I just got the shipping confirmation from the Ebay seller. Good news, bad news, good news, bad news...

Good: they shipped today!

Bad: that means they arrive tomorrow instead of Wednesday as the shipping estimator on Ebay showed. It's really my fault, I didn't message the seller to request a particular shipping day. The problem is I have to work all day tomorrow, and they will be holding the shipment at the UPS center. So somehow I have to find a couple hours free in between meetings to pick up the fish, get them home, put them in the tanks, and get back to work. I don't think this is going to end well...I'm probably going to be late for a meeting at some point, probably one that I'm supposed to run, with my luck :rolleyes:

Good: the seller said that he added an extra five fish as a special thank you! omgomgomg

Bad; What the heck am I going to do with ten green banded gobies???

I guess I'll put the extra five in the 30g frag tank, and see how they do there. The bioload in that tank is still super light so some more fish poop won't hurt. There are plenty of hiding places for them and I don't have any really dickish fish in that tank.

If all else fails I'll  see if I can find some local buyers. Or if anyone here on N-R wants GBG's so badly that they are willing to pay retail overnight shipping maybe I can help somebody out. Maybe I could bundle some corals to make it worth the shipping costs.

• Like 1
  • Wow 5
gone_PHiSHin

i STILL really want 1 or 2 GBGs if you are willing to make it happen!  i've had my QT set up for a bit and will be ordering from an online vendor in the next week or so but i would be into getting them from you if you are willing to put in the time to get them to me!  maybe throw in some teenylettis and i'll be your best friend ;)

post some pics when they arrive and keep in touch!  10 GBGs?!?  just the thought cracks me up:lol:

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

i STILL really want 1 or 2 GBGs if you are willing to make it happen!  i've had my QT set up for a bit and will be ordering from an online vendor in the next week or so but i would be into getting them from you if you are willing to put in the time to get them to me!  maybe throw in some teenylettis and i'll be your best friend ;)

post some pics when they arrive and keep in touch!  10 GBGs?!?  just the thought cracks me up:lol:

Will do! But I can tell you the shipping from Virginia to Colorado is pretty expensive unless you have a special discount with a shipper. You'd probably save money just going with the online vendor if you can. 

3 minutes ago, gone_PHiSHin said:

hmm...how expensive we talking?

ive never looked into overnight shipping

Probably about $70 for USPS overnight. Fedex and UPS are usually more.

All the online vendors have discounted contract rates, that's how they ship anywhere for a lot less. 

gone_PHiSHin

ahhh, i didn't know that it would be that much.  well damn, maybe it would be best to just order through a vendor. 

i could get 5 for 60 bucks shipped from that same vendor...i would just be in the same boat as you, too many GBGs!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

So I just got the shipping confirmation from the Ebay seller. Good news, bad news, good news, bad news...

Good: they shipped today!

Bad: that means they arrive tomorrow instead of Wednesday as the shipping estimator on Ebay showed. It's really my fault, I didn't message the seller to request a particular shipping day. The problem is I have to work all day tomorrow, and they will be holding the shipment at the UPS center. So somehow I have to find a couple hours free in between meetings to pick up the fish, get them home, put them in the tanks, and get back to work. I don't think this is going to end well...I'm probably going to be late for a meeting at some point, probably one that I'm supposed to run, with my luck :rolleyes:

Good: the seller said that he added an extra five fish as a special thank you! omgomgomg

Bad; What the heck am I going to do with ten green banded gobies???

I guess I'll put the extra five in the 30g frag tank, and see how they do there. The bioload in that tank is still super light so some more fish poop won't hurt. There are plenty of hiding places for them and I don't have any really dickish fish in that tank.

If all else fails I'll  see if I can find some local buyers. Or if anyone here on N-R wants GBG's so badly that they are willing to pay retail overnight shipping maybe I can help somebody out. Maybe I could bundle some corals to make it worth the shipping costs.

GBG + Teenyletti combo package deal! :lol:

• Like 1