Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Most stores can not QT because of the high turnover rate. Don't know what your stores look like but our systems were independent 75g tanks. If we were to QT a fish, the tank it was in was useless for however long someone wanted to QT the fish. Most stores run multiple tanks hooked to a single sump system. That means the entire swath of aquariums can not be added to, otherwise the QT is ineffective. Really hard to work around that disability.

• Like 1

Good morning :)

Started the morning making Gingerbread cookies with my niece. She was quite the little helper up until the reindeer we made turned out to look like road kill. It's still tasty though. I'm not a baker but hey we woke up twice this week with baked goods so there.

Roadkill

20151223_101538.jpg

Chewbacca snowman

20151223_101541.jpg

One of these was supposed to be a death star

20151223_101544.jpg

Went a little coral shopping yesterday. Because, well you know, there is room ON MY HEAD for them.

But to be fair the LPS on the right belong to Stella

20151223_102208.jpg

• Like 7

Good morning :)

Started the morning making Gingerbread cookies with my niece. She was quite the little helper up until the reindeer we made turned out to look like road kill. It's still tasty though. I'm not a baker but hey we woke up twice this week with baked goods so there.

Roadkill

20151223_101538.jpg

Chewbacca snowman

20151223_101541.jpg

One of these was supposed to be a death star

20151223_101544.jpg

Went a little coral shopping yesterday. Because, well you know, there is room ON MY HEAD for them.

But to be fair the LPS on the right belong to Stella

20151223_102208.jpg

Pretty corals! Which are new?

You think so? It looked yellow in his tank so I snagged it thinking ah yellow fiji. It was pissed so I couldn't see polyps in his tank. We shall see if I like it enough to keep it.

I think its pretty nice, dont see many white polyp ones, ussually just green or brown. Looks like the flesh has some green hints to it.

• Like 1

Hmm

20151223_113028.jpg

But hes right. Didnt you just complain u had no more room for corals??? :slap:

This is true.

In my defence though, 15 corals currently in this tank, 9 of which are massive colonies, are spoken for.

I added 3 corals.

• Like 4

I think its pretty nice, dont see many white polyp ones, ussually just green or brown. Looks like the flesh has some green hints to it.

Did not know that. Maybe it's going to be a keeper, who knows.

I'll take it if you don't want to keep it :P

Shipping Benny shipping

My wrasse has a huge gash on his forehead :( looks like somebody bit hm :(

Umm yeah, hate to break it to you but that's no Yellow Fiji.

Sorry bout the wrasse tho. Any ideas on who might be the culprit?

And those cookies are hilarious

Umm yeah, hate to break it to you but that's no Yellow Fiji.

Sorry bout the wrasse tho. Any ideas on who might be the culprit?

And those cookies are hilarious

Yes yes I knew that the minute it hit my tank. It looked yellow in the guys tank. I don't run only blues so it looks natural in my tank.

AS for the wrasse - I think it's the royal gramma, he gets ornery when other fish are around his caves.

OH MY FICKING GOD

THE WRASSE IS DIGGING!

WHY IS HE DIGGING!

• Like 1

Caught a short video of it. He goes behind the rock work, comes out with a mouthful of sand that he spits in the front of the rocks.

You can see his injury too :(

Maybe he scraped it on the rocks instead of being bitten

The tank is colorful eh? :)

• Like 2

Thank you, see the Royal Gramma watching the wrasse? :) He's really a grumpy fish when it comes to caves.

Watch him steal the wrasse's new cave in the end. Or maybe the Gramma has a new slave?