SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Back at work. Nephews get you up early? You open your presents?

Niece and nephew. Yup.

My niece got me a HUGE cup cake stuffed toy. :blink:

Nephew got me a glass angel for my desk that lights up with LEDs.

The brother loves his personal cake. :rolleyes:

The best present this year is a Chewbacca mask for my niece, you fit it to the face and when you open your jaw, it opens the jaw on the mask and it makes the Chewy noises. She's walking around doing the Chewy roar and those other sounds. :)

She's about to facetime with my mother. :)

Mum is asking if it's Halloween :lol:

Chewy the niece just roared at her in answer. lol.

• Like 8

You mean the status light on the Bkuefish itself? I believe unplugging it is the only way. Or black electrical tape over the light. ;)

Thanks, yeah I needed my LED's to go off, Dave responded that the only way is to turn sliders to zero.

One of the ceiling screws for the light has become free and will not hold weight. Arce was over earlier this morning to help me swap out one of the arrays for a new one that Dave had sent. Thanks Arce could NOT have done that myself - no way. :wub:

He tried to fix the ceiling mount for me but we ran into issues. My handyman is not available but I'm thinking a couple of ceiling anchors should work out. I needed to move the wires anyway - the previous holes were for the 24" light and I never had them moved when I got this 36" ATI retro.

I need one of these except the hook part should just be a flat headed screw

STRCH316-3.jpg

Got the light up!!!! omgomgomg

I din't kill myself or electrocute anything or make giant holes in the fake ceiling in the nook either.

egyptian.gif

Not ready to be hired out yet tho. :huh:

:D

20151227_115835.jpg

I love the way the ATIs look hanging from the ceiling. Great job!

I do not want to mess up my ceiling so not sure how I am going to mount mine......

I love the way the ATIs look hanging from the ceiling. Great job!

I do not want to mess up my ceiling so not sure how I am going to mount mine......

You can do conduits. Here's a cap that hides the hole needed for the toggle bolts

20151227_151657.jpg

• Like 3

You can do conduits. Here's a cap that hides the hole needed for the toggle bolts

20151227_151657.jpg

That would work but the ceiling I have has a knock down finish and patching it stinks......They look great when done all at once patching them does not work well. Now if it was smooth well no problem at all.

I am still going to look at the ceiling as I am not sure I want a metal arm hanging over the tank.....the stand is built for one but just not sure I want to look at it :unsure:

• Like 1