SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Happy Saturday Kat....March 2012_20151017_104458_zpscspvbjwz.jpg

Happy Saturday - wow that's my original frag! Looks like it came from a zeovit system right? Zeph ran his systems quite clean , daily water changes but he had a deep sand bed and it was cruddy - never siphoned it, so lots of denitrification taking place I imagine. And he ran a several pounds of phosphate remover. So that explains the color. Got it in my tank, browned out in a week, and this was the reason I started testing phosphate - got my first test kit - salifert. Then started running GFO. March 2012. :)

You can do it again!

_20151017_104850_zpshspjjijz.jpg

Yup.

My Jason Fox Setosa April 2012

IMG_4215.JPG

Today

20150909_130543.jpg

Kat browned out when I got it

IMG_4242.JPG

Ran out of time attempting to find original kitti, so cropped FTS from Max had to do.

:flower: thanks, I'll get it back to being a colony again.

• Like 4

Which frag Alex, the one Boggers posted? That's the original from Zeph on the day I got it. My Kat does have those bright purple polyps, yes. Also has a deeper mint green flesh. The grow out colony I have has a more deep vivid green flesh and deeper purple coralites and polyps, growth tips on that are the same as my main colony. The very top coralite is more pinkish. I'll post more pics later, I'm at a soccer game.

• Like 1
Dr.Brain Coral

It's becoming a mish-mash of the same people commenting on everything.

So i've been lurking more and more and posting less and less.

Ah man, after I got done with my little hiatus I was surprised by how many "aiptasia arent bad" posts I saw.

• Like 1

Alright! Katropora pictures. Click to enlarge

Photo informationtransparent.gif
Oct 18, 2015
3504×2336 pixels – 3162KB
Filename: IMG_2341.JPG
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS 20D
ISO: 800
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 55mm
Flash Used: No

IMG_2341.JPG

Oct 3, 2015
3504×2336 pixels – 3560KB
Filename: IMG_2103.JPG
Exposure: 1/400 sec

IMG_2103.JPG

This is my growout colony - Darth Kat

Oct 18, 2015
1576×1125 pixels – 858KB
Filename: IMG_2302.JPG
Exposure: 1/160 sec

IMG_2302.JPG

Oct 18, 2015
3504×2336 pixels – 3546KB
Filename: IMG_2307.JPG
Exposure: 1/250 sec

IMG_2307.JPG

• Like 10

It looks so delicious as to be edible. I'm thinking it is flavored "blue raspberry."

:) My starter frag came from Zeph whose starter frag came from Divers Den. DD still sells the coral - they call it Raspberry Limeaide Subulata. So you are right on point.

• Like 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:) My starter frag came from Zeph whose starter frag came from Divers Den. DD still sells the coral - they call it Raspberry Limeaide Subulata. So you are right on point.

So what your saying is i don't have to buy it from you. ;)

• Like 1

After looking at those pictures closely, I'm pretty sure it's not the same coral. Yours is actually nicer I think. :)

I've never seen aquadelight have those bright purple/blue polyps. You also have much more pink than any AD I've seen in person, including my own piece! They are very close though.

• Like 1

You sure don't, but only mine is called the Katropora, comes with a koozy and doesn't cost $75 an inch. ;)

You know, I'm sad I ended up having to pass on that Katropora frag last year. However, in retrospect, it may have been a good idea especially with my STN issues. I couldn't even imagine how sad I would be if a Katropora frag melted on me :(.

• Like 1

After looking at those pictures closely, I'm pretty sure it's not the same coral. Yours is actually nicer I think. :)

I've never seen aquadelight have those bright purple/blue polyps. You also have much more pink than any AD I've seen in person, including my own piece! They are very close though.

Hmm, thanks Alex. So perhaps the AD is a subulata also, just a different morph.

You know, I'm sad I ended up having to pass on that Katropora frag last year. However, in retrospect, it may have been a good idea especially with my STN issues. I couldn't even imagine how sad I would be if a Katropora frag melted on me :(.

It's pretty hardy TBH, but likes stability just the same. Took 8 months for my Darth Kat grow out colony to start sending out branches.

• Like 2
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You sure don't, but only mine is called the Katropora, comes with a koozy and doesn't cost $75 an inch. ;)

Yeah I was just joking. :)

• Like 1