Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Good morning from the reef. Going out of town tomorrow for a long week, actually more than a week. Web cam will be on so I can watch the fishies. Did a water change and sand siphoning already, going to put a 5G ATO reservoir in place, and test parameters today. Auto feeder is on but the TS will feed a mysis cube also, hopefully twice a day.

IMG_2331.JPG

• Like 11

Good morning from the reef. Going out of town tomorrow for a long week, actually more than a week. Web cam will be on so I can watch the fishies. Did a water change and sand siphoning already, going to put a 5G ATO reservoir in place, and test parameters today. Auto feeder is on but the TS will feed a mysis cube also, hopefully twice a day.

IMG_2331.JPG

What auto feeder do you have?

IMG_2331.JPG

Porites? What kind? Looks a bit like the Darth Maul.

Eheim

I just got this one and love it! It worked really well and I like how you can really adjust how much food to feed and such.

• Like 1

Yes, Darth Maul porites. It's a huge rock and i want to take it to my LFS to have them wet saw cut it up for me.

I have a small frag that I got about 6 months ago. It hasn't grown at all but looks pretty :) I love the colors. Yours is beautiful!!!

• Like 1

Got it a year ago - Oct 2014

20141014_113201.jpg

That's some nice growth!!! What lighting do you have yours in? When I researched it said lower lighting for better color and such. The color is great but I swear it hasn't even grown like a minuscule amount :lol:

That's some nice growth!!! What lighting do you have yours in? When I researched it said lower lighting for better color and such. The color is great but I swear it hasn't even grown like a minuscule amount :lol:

Always been under hybrids in my tank. But it's on the sandbed, the rock was so big i never could put it anywhere.

July 2014 - new frag. no PE on the frag rack.

20140720_151316_1.jpg

September 2014 - on the sand bed

20140914_184731_1.jpg

• Like 5

It's had a rough time on the sand bed, stung by LPS, covered by the pistol shrimp, it's lost half it's flesh or bits of flesh several times. Poor coral. I like porites, my yellow porites has been with me since Novemeber 2011.

• Like 1

It's had a rough time on the sand bed, stung by LPS, covered by the pistol shrimp, it's lost half it's flesh or bits of flesh several times. Poor coral. I like porites, my yellow porites has been with me since Novemeber 2011.

I do too. One of my favorite types of coral! I love encrusters. I have a furry porites I got at the LC live sale. The color is kinda ehhh but I love the look of it just the same.

I promise these are yellow porites, but this picture is after a lot of potassium dosing which turned it green. It's slowly getting back to yellow again

IMG_2164.JPG

That's so cool!! I love that it is branching.