Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

try some tests after your next water change. Feed just this new food and test again.

I fed that soft freeze food last night but only did half of the recommended amount. No noticeable increase in phosphates as of today. I'm still struggling with polyp extension...I've used several different things but don't get good polyp extension on everything...favia and brain coral always have their polyps out. Everything else is just meh

I fed that soft freeze food last night but only did half of the recommended amount. No noticeable increase in phosphates as of today. I'm still struggling with polyp extension...I've used several different things but don't get good polyp extension on everything...favia and brain coral always have their polyps out. Everything else is just meh

Hmm, what are your parameters?

Hmm, what are your parameters?

Haven't tested for a couple weeks but the last few times I've tested it's been 8.2 PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate = 0. Calc was 420, Alk was 8

Mag tested today, was 1290

javajacketOC, what fish do you have in your tank? If you have a fish that nips at polys they will not open up as much. Like an Angel in an SPS tank, even model citizens that only do it once an hour. :)

javajacketOC, what fish do you have in your tank? If you have a fish that nips at polys they will not open up as much. Like an Angel in an SPS tank, even model citizens that only do it once an hour. :)

I have a small allardi clown, perly jawfish and a chalk bass. None of them bother coral.

• Like 1

No basket star in my shipment of Gorgs thank goodness. USPS delayed shipping a day so it took 4 days. The pair of micro brittle stars didn't make it but the gorgs appear to be ok.

• Like 1

:slap:

Kat's Tank: Seeking new forum boyfriend

:slap:

WTF? I'm busy for two days and you already dump me? Or is it the whole power thing? Now that I'm de modded you're no longer attracted to me?

WTF? I'm busy for two days and you already dump me? Or is it the whole power thing? Now that I'm de modded you're no longer attracted to me?

:blush:

ouchhhhhh.

that's aight with me doe. I find myself on here less and less anyways....

WHAAAT!

It's becoming a mish-mash of the same people commenting on everything.

So i've been lurking more and more and posting less and less.

the post count whoring is real

i say this as I post a useless comment to a discussion

• Like 1

hmm.

It's a rare moment when the recent board isn't dominated by the same 5 people. I mean I like the people and everything, but I feel like it's hard to find new people/threads when the same handful of threads get refreshed all day.

the post count whoring is real

i say this as I post a useless comment to a discussion

GEEZ MAN! :lol::lol:

• Like 3

It's a rare moment when the recent board isn't dominated by the same 5 people. I mean I like the people and everything, but I feel like it's hard to find new people/threads when the same handful of threads get refreshed all day.

I go to the forums page and on the right side you see topics and latests posts. It's a good re-cap.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums

from there if you click on the categories for example general discussion - you find all the new topics, same for other categories.

I did notice that but I too used to post like crazy when I was new on the forum. It tapers off.

it's all good, new people to the forum are excited to finally nerd out with the rest of us about something they find fascinating. I find searching and reading more fun in most cases, you find some great threads on here heh

• Like 2