Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

:P

I do intend to see if someone with a proper microscope can identify the ingredients, but I think I know what might be in there. Marc Weiss has 3 products out, one of which is reef bugs. Dried phyto, zoo, and some black particles that look like microfine carbon.

• Like 1

I'm headed home now, was having dinner with NYFishies and his girlfriend. She cooked an AH- MAZING dinner. And I'm coming g home with starfish and coral in my purse!

I haven't tried that food but it is new especially the soft freeze processing. I would be curious to monitor phosphates, but I think they use glycerin or agar as a binding agent. I'm not sure why it doesn't freeze, I have some arctic copepods from brine shrimp direct that are soft freeze also.

I'll check phosphates tomorrow before I do a water change. I just Phosphate RX'd them to 0 about 5 days ago and this is the first thing I've fed since then.

Edit: What kind of star and coral did you get?

I'll check phosphates tomorrow before I do a water change. I just Phosphate RX'd them to 0 about 5 days ago and this is the first thing I've fed since then.

Edit: What kind of star and coral did you get?

I got a prostrata and baby brittle stars.

• Like 1

looking gorgeous as always KAT!

such beautiful colors. i need more diversity--

but hard when you keep to easy corals. ha!

love the new shoes too for avvy!!

• Like 1

I'm headed home now, was having dinner with NYFishies and his girlfriend. She cooked an AH- MAZING dinner. And I'm coming g home with starfish and coral in my purse!

I haven't tried that food but it is new especially the soft freeze processing. I would be curious to monitor phosphates, but I think they use glycerin or agar as a binding agent. I'm not sure why it doesn't freeze, I have some arctic copepods from brine shrimp direct that are soft freeze also.

I tested Phosphates today and they were at like .05, but I forgot...I did feed some reef pellets a few days ago. I don't run gfo or anything.

Kat, please do yourself a favor and adopt a common freshwater practice.

Take a big 'ole piece of white (possibly poster) paper, cut out the profile of your tank, and tape it to the back with some scotch tape.

I promise you it will boost your FTS game!! ^_^

• Like 1

its a WB thing, a white piece of paper taped to the back will still be blue/purpleish unless the WB is custom set on the camera or tampered with in lightroom.

In my experience, it looks better. If she used some glossy white poster paper, I think it'd look nice for the $3 investment. Nice bright, uniform, contrasting background...would be better than a wall. Ugh, I gotta go to bed

In my experience, it looks better. If she used some glossy white poster paper, I think it'd look nice for the $3 investment. Nice bright, uniform, contrasting background...would be better than a wall. Ugh, I gotta go to bed

its currently frosted gives the option for backlit lighting when you really want to go ham with the FTS artsyness. Even when I do a custom WB in camera i end up tweaking the blues a bit in lightroom because blue light just is a pita to work with.

agree on the bed thing though... caffeine need not be ingested after noon i swear.

• Like 1

its a WB thing, a white piece of paper taped to the back will still be blue/purpleish unless the WB is custom set on the camera or tampered with in lightroom.

Just to add, I find RawTherapee to be WAY better then Lightroom and also it's free!

• Like 1

Kat, please do yourself a favor and adopt a common freshwater practice.

Take a big 'ole piece of white (possibly poster) paper, cut out the profile of your tank, and tape it to the back with some scotch tape.

I promise you it will boost your FTS game!! ^_^

I should have a white background?

I was actually thinking of going dark.... :ninja:

I tested Phosphates today and they were at like .05, but I forgot...I did feed some reef pellets a few days ago. I don't run gfo or anything.

try some tests after your next water change. Feed just this new food and test again.

• Like 2

Got my Gorgs being shipped today !! omgomgomg

Noice!

Hope you get the basket star HH like I did. They're so cute.

The candelebra got some dead spots but is holding up well otherwise.

Rusty is pretty, not as rusty as I thought but still a happy piece.

If you have some time, tune in Wednesday Oct 14, 9pm Eastern for a live podcast that I am hosting with StevieT!
Here is the link to listen live

I'll wear my GFY t-shirt while I listen in! There's another mug idea for you: the GFY mug for those days when you really don't want to be bothered!

• Like 1