SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

righttirefire

That's good. I'm looking forward to a new accent... I listened to the recording with StevieT last night on my drive home. You defiantly have a tone... not at all what I was expecting

Where is the recording g of the cast with dave?

• Like 1

Howdy from Dallas. Free drinks, free appetizers, aww yeah. Going to be doing the podcast from here on Thursday. I'm fixin' to have an accent too. :)

Sounds like a party

Good morning y'all. Starbucks just I formed me that I've been demoted to green level after being gold level for a year. Seems they want me to have more caffeine than I have been imbibing. Now if only they offered a hot toddy.

Sounds like a party

I'll be wearing my cowboy boots.

That's good. I'm looking forward to a new accent... I listened to the recording with StevieT last night on my drive home. You defiantly have a tone... not at all what I was expecting Where is the recording g of the cast with dave?

Don't be hatin' my tone.

• Like 1

Too bad it's getting cooler because nothing is hotter than a lady in a Sun dress and cowboy boots :D Well then again a short sun dress and a sexy pair of heels might top that here in Houston. The cowboy boots is more of a Dallas /Austin thing.

BTW Kat, what's the date you're coming to Houston next year? Our ReefCurrents 2016 is being held on March 19th.

I am now a proud owner of a BABY basket star as well from Russ....Long story short my first shipment melted overnight and he sent out replacement. Got today and I would have missed it if I wasn't looking for one.

How is TX Kat?

Awww!!! I don't know how mine is still alive, it's been 2+ weeks. But i suppose they eat micro foods from the water that they might filter with their arms because the little bitty has not moved from it's spot at all. I see an arm hanging in the air before it curls it back in but that is it.

TX is tough, they are expecting flash floods now through the weekend so that makes the trade show traffic extremely poor. Business is tough.

When it was yellow

20150724_120301.jpg

love those green Grand Palys Kat.

Mine are the cinnamon colour, with the exception of one. I cut a frag off the cinnamon cluster and placed it in another tank and its growing green like yours.

That's interesting, I thought it was a morph difference but it could be spectrum related.

It very much is. I bought my Grandis Palys green -- they had been grown in a greenhouse (Tidal Gardens). Under a Maxspect Razor they turned brown. Under a NanoBox they turned back to green.

• Like 2

It very much is. I bought my Grandis Palys green -- they had been grown in a greenhouse (Tidal Gardens). Under a Maxspect Razor they turned brown. Under a NanoBox they turned back to green.

i will move the colony to see what happens. Both tanks run t5 bulbs that are identical, the tank with the green grand paly also has two Halo par 38 bulbs. ( hope it's ok to post this in your thread Kat)
  • Like 1

I've found it depends on light more than spectrum. Kat's colony in particular is needing around 250 PAR in my system to keep its color.

they turn brown? Low par?
jedimasterben

they turn brown? Low par?

Yep. I also have two other frags of P. grandis. One was a very light color, has some tan and light green but mostly white, and another frag has tiny polyps. The one that is brown has been brown for over a year and a half, maybe longer. got them from Aquascapers (now Coral Morphologic), they were a nice color back then and I kept them in low light and they browned out and have not recovered.

kat's colony browned out when I kept them in a holding tank with much less light than I had them in before, and within a couple of weeks of getting them back in high light they regained their color very quickly.

I found the Aquascapers palys when I got them. October 29th of 2013, so almost exactly two years. Still has only one polyp and one tiny baby, the large polyp is tinier than a dime and is all still turd brown.

IMG_20131029_203605360.jpg

• Like 2