ReefCleaners.org

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Top down shot !

imagejpg18_zps82e2feef.jpg

Alright off to the Fragtober event- lots of good vendors coming in - picked up 2 lbs of smaller rock pieces yesterday in preparation to adding some more frags and scaping vertically to gain more room. Hoping to have some nice new pieces today?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything is growing in sooooo beautifully!!!!Fragtober sounds fun!!!! Can't wait to see what you pick up :).

Thank you! Super excited about The show! Heading out. Definitely post up later- thank for cking things out Gena

WHAT'D YOU GET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :) lol

Too much 5 frags. An awesome bubble gum Milli with Blue tips and another reddish Milli w/ purple tips , Monti undata, Acro Poci- which is whitish pink body - with green polyp - nice little round ball frag and the guy from My reef to yours hooked me up with a large Idaho Grape frag- I just mentioned my frag from him at MACNA didn't make it out if the dip and he just bagged me up another one free of charge- Awesome! Got some major rearranging to do. I'll get some pics up here shortly

It was a great show lots of nice coral. Here's some pics of my latest frags

Top down shot with iPhone - a little washed out on the Idaho Grape but shows some good color on the Milli's

imagejpg1_zpsf5a30c89.jpg

Montipora undata

imagejpg4_zps849d4991.jpg

Idaho Grape

imagejpg5_zps9ff0fa37.jpg

Reddish Milli w/ purple- hard to see the purple from this view

imagejpg7_zpsaa776a62.jpg

Acro poci

Great shape already for this frag

imagejpg8_zpsed8922c1.jpg

imagejpg6_zps14965e9c.jpg

And my new fav bubblegum Millepora

imagejpg2_zps28a87be3.jpg

Everyone is doing good so far - this is about 3hrs. after placing them. Got some major scaping to do tomorrow?

imagejpg3_zps07c66a82.jpg

Looks good man!

If you don't mind I wanna give you a tip.... Never put someone elses frag plug in your tank. ;) They are the nastiest things and pests love to lay eggs on them. I don't care what your dippin in, I don't trust anything to kill AEFW eggs. I know some have said bayer does (it doesn't) and I know there was that RPS all out or whatever that was supposed to but pretty sure that doesn't either, so by removing the plugs (even if you just cut directly above the glue and re-plug them on a new plug you are alot better off and reduce your risks.... and do that no matter how much you trust whoever you get them from. I remove all bases/plugs, qt, dip (multiple times while in QT) and would still suggest atleast removing the plug and dipping religiously even if they were from me.... you can never be to safe when it comes to AEFW.

Thanks - ya I always gringe a little when adding anything- I did do a 15 min. dip and looked at the plugs but definitely not as safe as removal- I gotta chill on livestock for a bit again and see how it sets up! I'll definitely incorporate that into my acclimation ?

You scored!!! :). The poci is my fav.

yes I did! Super stoked! Ya the poci is a perfect round ball- I had to have em. Today is stressing fun- rescaping- I bought 4 small pieces of rock preparing for this so hopefully I'll get good spots for everyone

Love the poccilipora. Can't wait to see the rescale be sure to not accidentally frag anything lol. And still im in desperate need of a tank... X,as is soon lol.

Love the poccilipora. Can't wait to see the rescale be sure to not accidentally frag anything lol. And still im in desperate need of a tank... X,as is soon lol.

What type of tank are you looking for?

Well I spent all day ? rearranging - I needed to get my green cap to the bottom so it wouldn't shade everyone and move my Monti digi?up and into the middle. I moved a few of my encrusting Monti's to the back. Doesn't look like major renovation - but it was! Placed my bubblegum Milli up and to the left of?. Only broke one small tip off of my purple Milli. Still need to find a home for my Poci and red Milli- their chilling on the bottom left still- good PE on them so I think they will be ok till next weekend. Need to pick up a few more smaller rocks to help get them up and into place! Here's a few ipad shots- I'll get some better ones this week

imagejpg2_zps7da6785a.jpg

Number one now claiming his place in the center?

imagejpg3_zps8fe599cb.jpg

It opened up a better view of one of my favorite coral Acro tenuis- this is an awesome shape with great color- purple tips!

imagejpg1_zpse423b031.jpg

Gwuaw! Dude, your sps garden is looking hawt.

Ya- I am close to capacity- 23 SPS pieces- could probably add some lower light SPS additions on the sides

Ya- I am close to capacity- 23 SPS pieces- could probably add some lower light SPS additions on the sides

I had 25 on 1 rock in my 70 before it blew the seam.... you have room for more, although LPS are really growing on me. :)

That fts is :wub: Very beautiful.
Thank you - just realized I posted two of almost the same shot- updated the middle pic with a closer up shot!

I had 25 on 1 rock in my 70 before it blew the seam.... you have room for more, although LPS are really growing on me. :)
I like the way u think ........the Milli's tend to grow a little slower- maybe another 10 or 15 of them . Ya - your all about the LPS right now- it's the sweepers that get me- bastards are mean

I like the way u think ........the Milli's tend to grow a little slower- maybe another 10 or 15 of them . Ya - your all about the LPS right now- it's the sweepers that get me- bastards are mean

Yeah Millies are nice. I'm pretty picky when it comes to sps and I haven't found alot that makes the, cut lately..... definitely not for lack of trying tho :(

Yeah LPS can can be fairly aggressive, just gotta give em some space.... which I know/understand can be rough in a nano.

Bubble Gum milli. I am insanely jealous.

Your tank is looking absolutely fantastic ... please tell me you are testing Alk daily at the same time every day to prevent an Alk crash ... I'd hate to see you lose those pieces!

Bubble Gum milli. I am insanely jealous.

Your tank is looking absolutely fantastic ... please tell me you are testing Alk daily at the same time every day to prevent an Alk crash ... I'd hate to see you lose those pieces!

Thank you!! Oh yes, morning and evening to see the swings- the big 3- Mg. Ca. And Alk. I'll do a smaller dose in the evenings to help things through the night- trying to get it dialed manually before I get a doser- I am in the market for one any suggestions ? Ya that bubblegum is sweet- hopefully it'll take off?

I use the Bubble Magus and I like it. I tried the cheaper Marine Magic and it does not recover from a power failure so if I was away for a week and the power failed no dosing.

Some other things that popped into my head here ...

I have the BM doser on a UPS right now hooked up to a GFI circuit. I'm trying to come up with a plan where all outside equipment is OFF GFI, I've had 3 false trips now, the latest with one of my T5 lights coming on. I'm going to remove the GFI wall outlet and instead use an inline GFI because of this. My sump pump is not GFI, so I could get shocked ... and I just can't bring myself to care. I turn off the sump when working on the tank.

I have the BM doser on a UPS right now hooked up to a GFI circuit. I'm trying to come up with a plan where all outside equipment is OFF GFI, I've had 3 false trips now, the latest with one of my T5 lights coming on. I'm going to remove the GFI wall outlet and instead use an inline GFI because of this. My sump pump is not GFI, so I could get shocked ... and I just can't bring myself to care. I turn off the sump when working on the tank.

I don't run a GFCI at all for this specific reason. It also didn't trip when I had a skimmer pump literally melt down in the sump of my 180.... smelled smoke/melting plastic for 2-3 days couldn't find it anywhere until I went to clean out the skimmer cup and could smell it coming from the air line on one of the pumps (it ran 3 and appeared to be functioning as normal and putting gunk in the cup). Shut everything down and sure enough.... explained why everything was dying or dead real quick :(

What type of tank are you looking for?

Idk whatever I've benn researching and watching others builds for almost two years and awaiting the day I can get my own. Currently just have two freshwater tanks

Archived