Cultivated Reef

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Idk whatever I've benn researching and watching others builds for almost two years and awaiting the day I can get my own. Currently just have two freshwater tanks

Get a cube- I think that's my next tank- they just look so good. I am looking at a 60 or going all out with a 90. The nice thing is they are at most 3ft. wide so you can get away with only one light( Radion or AI) that my two cents

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ur looking at the wrong ones lol I almost went with a 4x4 but it limited locations to put it. :(

Ha! Staying under 100 gal. The 1 light set up is the kicker- easier to slip that by the wife- but I did see a 150 cube at MACNA that was amazing- I've got time- gonna cover every inch of my Nuvo as long as it stay together?

Ha! Staying under 100 gal. The 1 light set up is the kicker- easier to slip that by the wife- but I did see a 150 cube at MACNA that was amazing- I've got time- gonna cover every inch of my Nuvo as long as it stay together

Yeah the 150s are amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen in person was a full blown sps 150 cube. I have a friend with a true 30" cube which is pretty sweet but a pain to reach the bottom lol

I'm tall I could reach.

Haha well I was leaning more towards a 10-20 gallon rimless tank at first or a cadlights 18 gallon or im fusion 20 the latter being the one I favor

I'm tall I could reach. Haha well I was leaning more towards a 10-20 gallon rimless tank at first or a cadlights 18 gallon or im fusion 20 the latter being the one I favor
They could all be nice tanks- I would say go for the 18 or 20gal. What size freshwater tanks do you have?

Yeah the 150s are amazing, one of the best tanks I've seen in person was a full blown sps 150 cube. I have a friend with a true 30" cube which is pretty sweet but a pain to reach the bottom lol
Ya- that's what's stopping me from going bigger than 90 cube is the height . With all your tanks have you ever gone with a bare bottom?

Ya- that's what's stopping me from going bigger than 90 cube is the height . With all your tanks have you ever gone with a bare bottom?

I hear ya, I am 6'5 and have long arms but still prefer to stay around 2' max.

Yeah my frag tanks are BB, it is much easier to clean..... I am still considering going BB in the new tank as well but not 100% sold on it for the display because of the wrasses I will have prefer sand big time.

I've never had a BB display before tho....

The Birdsnest accident frags seem to be doing good - definitely less light in this spot

imagejpg4_zps65c14b05.jpg

Birdsnest is pretty hardy. Looks like they are handling things quite well ;)

Yes, I do have some shrooms and zoos still hanging around - mixed reef right?

imagejpg7_zpsa5e7c128.jpg

Here's some of the zoos that came on my original rocks

imagejpg8_zpsf32442d7.jpg

imagejpg9_zps2cc78444.jpg

My new flavor of the week- bubblegum Milli - doing good but could be happier I think with more flow. Gonna rearrange again later today and move 'em to a higher flow area- same light .

imagejpg16_zps8c2d423b.jpg

imagejpg3_zps3f1ecb71.jpg

Digitata ? encrusting and shaping different everyday- gonna be fun to see what grows into

imagejpg6_zpsae48f776.jpg

My green Milli with worm attachment- lfs store said they normally put super glue over them to kill them and let the coral grow over them- or just leave it. Not sure yet what I am gonna do- doesn't seem to bother the coral to much- unless someone has seen them be detrimental ???

imagejpg15_zps8b003e80.jpg

Alright ! Picked up a few more pieces of rock to finish up the scaping stacked up in the corners for now . Easy rock to break up into smaller pieces if need be-gonna get everyone into place today - at least that's the goal ?

imagejpg2_zps58f162da.jpg

imagejpg1_zps77307b72.jpg

The Birdsnest " accident frags " seem to be doing good - definitely less light in this spot

Do you have a guesstimate on how much PAR they're getting? From the FTSs it almost looks like those are being lit entirely by the stock light, but I don't actually know what the optics are on the main light so I could be very wrong. Still, it's awesome that they're still going strong! :]

Do you have a guesstimate on how much PAR they're getting? From the FTSs it almost looks like those are being lit entirely by the stock light, but I don't actually know what the optics are on the main light so I could be very wrong. Still, it's awesome that they're still going strong! :]

No idea on the par- I would love to measure that everywhere- the AI Nano does hit that area but not very strong - they "grew up" on the other side of the tank with similar off center lighting but still stronger than what they have now. I hope they continue to do well- it would be nice to have two colonies on each side of the tank- thx for cking things out.

Nice milli. ;)

I really like that pink stylo! Great shape to it.

Thanks! Ya- it keeps morphing into more and more round branches ?

Great pictures! Everything looks so fuzzy and happy. Your tank is so full!

Thanks for cking things out- yes I just did a major rescape again- actually opened things up a little more- I'll get some updated shots..........still got a little room for more?

NorthGaHillbilly

Unreal tank my friend, I really am shocked by how much youve packed into that tank! Looking forward to seeing the rescape.

Unreal tank my friend, I really am shocked by how much youve packed into that tank! Looking forward to seeing the rescape.

Thanks man! Appreciate you cking it out- ya it's been tricky keeping everyone on their own rock and allowing room for grow out- almost full.........almost

NorthGaHillbilly

Thanks man! Appreciate you cking it out- ya it's been tricky keeping everyone on their own rock and allowing room for grow out- almost full.........almost

its funny, when my local buddies come by they say, "you gatta upsize, your out of room" but to us nano folks, unless thing are killing each other, theyve got plenty of room :lol:

Archived