Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great looking tank. your color choices make everything pop.

Thank you- appreciate it! It's been a fun tank to keep

Impressive tank!

Thanks a lot?

Do you have a cleanup crew or do you think the GFO in the reactor is keeping your tank free of algae? I'm hesitant to get a CUC because I don't like all those tiny snails. I'm considering the same IM reactor as I have a lot of GHA on the sand bed.

Thanks

Do you have a cleanup crew or do you think the GFO in the reactor is keeping your tank free of algae? I'm hesitant to get a CUC because I don't like all those tiny snails. I'm considering the same IM reactor as I have a lot of GHA on the sand bed.

Thanks

I really like the reactor and feel it utilized the media better. I run Rox carbon continuous and GFO with it but separated when phosphates start to climb - usually every 2 weeks. I just started out with 9 small blue hermits- I have 7 now. I had two Stomatella come in on a frag- I knew they were there but hey have multiplied 10 fold - hermits are starting to take a liking to them and my overflow floss takes some out every changing I am sure. I feed pretty heavy so I do rely on the GFO to keep algae to a minimum. I spotted a few spots of Hair algae yesterday so I am cking phosphates - Hanna meter says 0.0- but I don't believe it.

I spotted a few spots of Hair algae yesterday so I am cking phosphates - Hanna meter says 0.0- but I don't believe it.

This article on advanced aquarist found that the hanna phosphate checker gave measurements close to those produced by a high-end spectrometer (fig. 4).

This http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2011/8/review'>article on advanced aquarist found that the hanna phosphate checker gave measurements close to those produced by a high-end spectrometer (fig. 4).

Thanks - your giving me some reading material for later- many threads on here discuss how the Hanna can be off as much as .04 on testing. I love that it's digital but their packing of the testing material leaves a little to be desired- kinda a pain getting it out !

Thanks. Ordered the IM reactor today.

Nice! Running Carbon and GFO at the same time can be tricky-I think BRS. Might have some videos on it- if not hit me up and I can walk you through it!

Cool, thanks. I may just do that. I was wondering how you ran both.

Sorry didn't think of it earlier but get an extra set of the sponges- next time you order from them-you need to double them up to run both

I Love Love Love your nano!

That's 3 loves! 3!! :)

Thank you! Things are getting interested in there- might get a little more crowed after this weekend- we have fragtober here this weekend!

mystersyster

Hey man. Awesome reef. Definitely going to serve as an inspiration for my set up. And I'm from Denver! Hope you are a Broncos fan as much as you are an SPS fan.

Hey man. Awesome reef. Definitely going to serve as an inspiration for my set up. And I'm from Denver! Hope you are a Broncos fan as much as you are an SPS fan.

Thank you for cking things out. Hey Denver ! Awesome- are you going to Fragtober this weekend in Co. Springs?

Sorry didn't think of it earlier but get an extra set of the sponges- next time you order from them-you need to double them up to run both

Hah, yep did that. I saw your post about ordering extra ones and thought that was a good idea. They're cheaper than the shipping costs would be for them alone so I thought I'd better order some with the reactor.

Hah, yep did that. I saw your post about ordering extra ones and thought that was a good idea. They're cheaper than the shipping costs would be for them alone so I thought I'd better order some with the reactor.

Excellent!!

mystersyster

Thank you for cking things out. Hey Denver ! Awesome- are you going to Fragtober this weekend in Co. Springs?

I would but I actually live in Seattle now.

Heading to Fragtober event this weekend- looking for something special- gonna have to do some rearranging. Think I'll look at placing some frags higher up to gain some room!

What are you on the hunt for?

Something colorful- a Milli , Monti or Stylo - maybe a rainbow type- I need to be picky- things are getting tight in my tank. These type of coral do really well in my tank- Acros like my Bonsai do good but isn't thriving like the others. I am gonna do a bunch of rearranging this weekend- I think I need something higher up in the tank to give it a better look- like yours- I really like the dimension around your inhabitants.

Yes I do- it's the light blue one in the front with growing straight up- it's growing very well! How are you liking that Triton system? What do you see as the benefits?

Yes I do- it's the light blue one in the front with growing straight up- it's growing very well! How are you liking that Triton system? What do you see as the benefits?

I haven't begun yet. The first water test will arrive soon and then I will get my first reading. I am going to monitor alk between ICP tests (about once month for 2 or 3 months). If I find some notable problems that the Triton brand supplements can help with I will try their stuff, but for now the plan is just to use the ICP to get a good picture of my water chemistry. That is awesome that your monti digitata (fingered monitpora) is giving everyone the proverbial digit.

Archived