Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Site says:

Specific Gravity: 1.024 - 1.026

pH: 8.2 to 8.3

Calcium: 550 to 575 ppm

Magnesium: 1,350 to 1,450 ppm

I regularly measured 9.5KH on batches I mixed to 1.026.

It still has some of the same brown residue that RC has, but not as bad.

Ahh yeah thats right it didn't state alk.... stupid figure to leave off IMO Thanks for your readings tho :)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much of your success do you attribute to acropower? After I started dosing acropower in my softy tank I began to see amazing improvements in health and growth. Sometimes I put in almost 1ml/day into my 8G.

How much of your success do you attribute to acropower? After I started dosing acropower in my softy tank I began to see amazing improvements in health and growth. Sometimes I put in almost 1ml/day into my 8G.

Hard to say- I didn't start till around the 4 -5 month period and things were going good before that too. I dose about 4ml throughout the week- everybody is smiling!

One heck of a awesome entanglement of sps, loving all the faster growing kinds, my kind of SPS lol.

Thanks - I've stayed with mostly Monti's - I just like all the movement from how "fury" they are and really like the encrusting type. My lfs has large colonies of them and it is impressive. Although my Bonsai SPS is growing well- doing some heavy encrusting right now.

My purple cap started our brownish but colored up fairly quickly. It actually looks cool with the brown skin and purple polyps, but eventually they all turned the same color. Everything looking really good! :)

My purple cap started our brownish but colored up fairly quickly. It actually looks cool with the brown skin and purple polyps, but eventually they all turned the same color. Everything looking really good! :)

Good to know- hopefully it will purple up! I am not seeing much polyp extension yet

One heck of a awesome entanglement of sps, loving all the faster growing kinds, my kind of SPS lol.

Argh ! I went in with a razor blade to clean that 1/4 " at the bottom of the tank that I don't regularly get with my magnet and accidently touched my Birdsnest - which caused him to fall and break off two small pieces! KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE TANK!

Here's the damage - the empty area on the left side- could of been worse- actually took the situation to attach him to a different rock and gain a little more room from my Millepora- stressed me out though

imagejpg7_zpsb288e643.jpg

So I mounted the two little frags on the other side of the tank- hopefully they will grow into another colony! They have polyps extended today- we will see how the lighting is for that area- definitely less.

imagejpg1_zps21eb8c9e.jpg

Here's a full tank shot - the two little frags are on the right - near the shrimp.

imagejpg11_zps39afbf19.jpg

Your mystery coral is gorgeous a part of me would want it to stay just how it is... It looks part ricordia part frogspawn. But so delicate and clear.

And in the second pic what's the pink branching sps I really like it...?

Your mystery coral is gorgeous a part of me would want it to stay just how it is... It looks part ricordia part frogspawn. But so delicate and clear.

And in the second pic what's the pink branching sps I really like it...?

Pink Stylophora - fairly slow grower as compared to the rest but still consistent

Top shot of half the tank-not the best but shows the size of some of the corals. The Cap ,Millepora, and Digitata are all trying to outgrow each other- gotta love competition ?

imagejpg10_zps3a422b18.jpg

Very nice tank. The growth is amazing how quick it is. And no wave maker?

How did you fit the JBJ ATO in the back with the dual return? I have the same tank and my return line is kind of blocking the float sensors on the same ATO.

Very nice tank. The growth is amazing how quick it is. And no wave maker?

How did you fit the JBJ ATO in the back with the dual return? I have the same tank and my return line is kind of blocking the float sensors on the same ATO.

thank you! Ya, that was a little tricky - disconnected it and placed the float just behind it- my water level is just above the elbow. I have an upgraded pump- Sicce 1.5 -358gph I believe and two spin streams that really keeps things moving. I really like the look of the tank without a powerhead in there.

thank you! Ya, that was a little tricky - disconnected it and placed the float just behind it- my water level is just above the elbow. I have an upgraded pump- Sicce 1.5 -358gph I believe and two spin streams that really keeps things moving. I really like the look of the tank without a powerhead in there.

How do those spin streams work out for you? Any trouble with them jamming up?

I agree, powerheads can take away from the look of a tank.

How do those spin streams work out for you? Any trouble with them jamming up?

I agree, powerheads can take away from the look of a tank.

They've been working great- I've had them for 6 months now- they make a little noise- but it is very slight. I really like how the flow is always changing- one tends to spin a slight bit more than the other because my return lines are split and one line has a slight bit more flow. This works out great cause it is always changing the flow with the other one. I would recommend them

Yea, now you get the purple polyps with the brownish skin. I just wish it stayed that way, I thought it looked great.

Frag that bird while you can, it's a beast and is unforgiving as it gets bigger and harder to accidentally frag. :D

Your tank is incredibly colorful, keep up the good work!

Yea, now you get the purple polyps with the brownish skin. I just wish it stayed that way, I thought it looked great. Frag that bird while you can, it's a beast and is unforgiving as it gets bigger and harder to accidentally frag. :D Your tank is incredibly colorful, keep up the good work!
Thanks! It's crazy how large the Birdsnest grows but doesn't encrust- I imagine I will have more "accidents". Hopefully the frags will do well where I placed them.

find out what your little mystery coral is, I want one its awesome looking.
Still not sure- I was hoping someone on here would ID it- it is a cute little thing
How fast does the mystery coral retract if you gently touch it. Fast = nem, slow = shroom.

Fairly fast- a hermit walked over him yesterday and he closed right up but not all the way. I am wondering about how much light it wants- it expands large during the day so I feel it is wanting light- maybe if it had more direct light it would color up more.

Archived