Innovative Marine Aquariums

Sk8n Reefer's Nuvo 16

Sk8n Reefer

Nice little guy

I also have a Nuvo 16 not sure which generation it is....keeping my fingers crossed it is the non- cracking generation

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice little guy I also have a Nuvo 16 not sure which generation it is....keeping my fingers crossed it is the non- cracking generation
Ya I think of all us with Nuvo's feel that way!

Congrats on the new fish, those photos are really good. Also, the tiki room is epic.
Thanks man- ya that's onlt half the Tiki room- I'll have to post the other side - got some good size tiki's !

So I've been wanting a new fish for some time now- to liven up my clowns and add some additional movement- my lfs has been quarantining a tail spot blenny for over a month now- I finally pulled the trigger yesterday- what a cool little guy- so much personality- I think we are gonna be friends. Not sure on a name yet- gotta see what comes to mind

imagejpg1_zps82b39aa2.jpg

imagejpg2_zps3ac24443.jpg

imagejpg4_zps9cfc8a09.jpg

imagejpg3_zps74fed49d.jpg

Awesome photos :wub:.
Awesome additions man, I take it no red mille today tho?

Thanks !! Red Mille- They weren't quite ready yet- gotta love my lfs- a few colonies came in about 2 months ago- he resqued them from a clients tank that had some Acro earing flat worms - so he's been treating them and now wants to observe a little longer and make sure they are clean- it's been over a month - no flatworms. He is going to frag them up this week but I trust him to observe them the right amount of time. Should be good to go next weeknd I think- I've been very cautious of them and the lfs is doing it right! He introduced them into another frag tank so that shows he is getting more comfortable with them.

Thanks !! Red Mille- They weren't quite ready yet- gotta love my lfs- a few colonies came in about 2 months ago- he resqued them from a clients tank that had some Acro earing flat worms - so he's been treating them and now wants to observe a little longer and make sure they are clean- it's been over a month - no flatworms. He is going to frag them up this week but I trust him to observe them the right amount of time. Should be good to go next weeknd I think- I've been very cautious of them and the lfs is doing it right! He introduced them into another frag tank so that shows he is getting more comfortable with them.

Make sure you inspect it really good in the store, and dip + remove the plug before putting it in your tank! AEFW are no joke man, definitely worth being overly cautious.

Make sure you inspect it really good in the store, and dip + remove the plug before putting it in your tank! AEFW are no joke man, definitely worth being overly cautious.

Ya I hear ya- it will be freshly mounted so it'll pop off easy- I've been inspecting them for a month now- some have lost a little color from the multiple treatments- but the last few weeks they are coloring up. Part of me doesn't even want to chance it but as he adds them to his other tanks - I am sure he is comfortable with them- the ultimate test is if he will drop one in his 500 gal. display full of huge colonies? pretty amazing tank he has corals that are 10-15yrs. old?.

Ya I hear ya- it will be freshly mounted so it'll pop off easy- I've been inspecting them for a month now- some have lost a little color from the multiple treatments- but the last few weeks they are coloring up. Part of me doesn't even want to chance it but as he adds them to his other tanks - I am sure he is comfortable with them- the ultimate test is if he will drop one in his 500 gal. display full of huge colonies pretty amazing tank he has corals that are 10-15yrs. old.

If there are any circular white, brown or spots missing tissue especially in a circular shape run lol If they are coloring up and looking good dip it remove the plug. I wouldn't think you were crazy if you dipped it weekly for a couple weeks as a precautionary either.

If there are any circular white, brown or spots missing tissue especially in a circular shape run lol If they are coloring up and looking good dip it remove the plug. I wouldn't think you were crazy if you dipped it weekly for a couple weeks as a precautionary either.

Hmmmm..........Is it worth it then...........of coarse it is We will see- that's a great point on the tissue but I think they are clean- I've been looking -I'll see next weekend but you got me rethinking again

Glad I found your tank bro. On the mobile version there are no sigs. Keep up the good work. It an inspiration for sure ?

Also the pics of that tailspot have me rethinking the no fish rule!!

Glad I found your tank bro. On the mobile version there are no sigs. Keep up the good work. It an inspiration for sure ?Also the pics of that tailspot have me rethinking the no fish rule!!

Thx ! Ya , I am super stoked on the blenny- such a character?

Wow, I missed a lot. Great photos, corals look great, and I also love the Tailspot, I have one in my 29. Watch out, they like to climb into things, like pumps, when they are off. I have to see mine before I turn things back on.

Look for polyp bailout on the poci. I've got little poci sprouts all over the tank now. :D

Hmmmm..........Is it worth it then...........of coarse it is We will see- that's a great point on the tissue but I think they are clean- I've been looking -I'll see next weekend but you got me rethinking again

If they are clean and you take extra precaution like I've mentioned.... yes. I have taken pieces infested with AEFW myself and cleaned them up similar to what your LFS is going and they turned out to be some excellent gems so it can be done.... its just not fun or pretty. Sounds like the LFS is taking most of the hard work out of it for you, but I would still be careful ;)

Ultimately it is your risk to take and decide if it is worth taking, but if it was me... I would do it if its a piece I really like.

Wow, I missed a lot. Great photos, corals look great, and I also love the Tailspot, I have one in my 29. Watch out, they like to climb into things, like pumps, when they are off. I have to see mine before I turn things back on.

Look for polyp bailout on the poci. I've got little poci sprouts all over the tank now. :D

Thanks - good to know on the Tailspot - ya things are going well- I didn't know that about the

Poci- I'll have to keep my eyes out! ?

If they are clean and you take extra precaution like I've mentioned.... yes. I have taken pieces infested with AEFW myself and cleaned them up similar to what your LFS is going and they turned out to be some excellent gems so it can be done.... its just not fun or pretty. Sounds like the LFS is taking most of the hard work out of it for you, but I would still be careful ;)

Ultimately it is your risk to take and decide if it is worth taking, but if it was me... I would do it if its a piece I really like.

So I think he is fragging and mounting them this weekend- I am out of town Th- sun. Hopefully they won't all sell- maybe I'll text him and ask him to hold one for me.

Your tank is looking amazing!

Tailspot Blennies are the best. Mine will come out and beg for food whenever he see's me walking by :)

Thank you for cking things out! Ya my Blenny is still developing his personality- he has takin a liking to my Monti cap and chills there .

i know this is a controversial subject with many people but.... what salt mix do you use?

Hahaha! Ya everyone has their favorites for sure- I don't really think there is one that is that much better- I've used about 3 or 4 different kinds. Currently, I use Kent- I chose this because my lfs that is fantastic and the only place I buy livestock uses it. I also buy my RODI from them so my frags grow up in the same environment that I bring them home too- I think this works. I wouldn't say Kent is the best- it's low in Magnesium- but I know that so I just add it in when I do a waterchanges. Kent seems to be very predictable though and I like that - mixes the same everytime ?

After reading all the horror stories I'm terrified I will come home to an exploded Nuvo 24

I hear ya- every morning when I come down stairs the 1st thing I look at is the tank. I think the second generation Nuvo 16's are better- is it that way with the 24's? Don't put a large powerhead in it near a corner- I would take a picture of your serial number on the side and send it to IM and ask them if yours is safe- at least then you are on record voicing a concern. Either way the tank is the least of it- the trama of dying livestock and water all over............just terrible- I would be devastated for sure

Archived