Cultivated Reef

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

How did I miss your update?!? Everything looks beautiful! It's really filling in nicely.

This is my fat cat Rho. As in, the Greek letter. He gets really jealous and annoying when I work on my tank and don't pay attention to him:

15431141994_05d812de85.jpg

IMG_5591 by kimothy182, on Flickr

He's very pretty though. It's ok, you can call him pretty. He doesn't mind, as long as it means he's getting attention:

16051480481_04ca4ae90b.jpg

IMG_5592 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Squiggy's face is getting so dark! She's also nice and fat too:

15865974808_26042e7b0d.jpg

IMG_5608 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Lenny used to be the one out most, but now Squiggy is definitely in charge!

16027653746_34d151882a.jpg

IMG_5604 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Grumpleupagus is fluke free!!

16053433605_6286cf4375.jpg

IMG_5606 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 1 is about the size of a half dollar:

16053434465_23bd406102.jpg

IMG_5598 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 2 is about the size of a quarter:

15431146844_eb4736f15c.jpg

IMG_5599 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Baby mushroom 3 (!!) is about the size of a pencil eraser:

15866151200_8a60ee8dc3.jpg

IMG_5600 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Hydnophora still won't die... He's actually starting to puff up and grow again!

16027657816_09c03eb5d5.jpg

IMG_5596 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Two of my trumpet heads are happy. The third (lower) one fell right on top of my plate. I'm sure he'll recover:

15431148954_27ec80e0b4.jpg

IMG_5594 by kimothy182, on Flickr

FIVE MONTH FTS!! All 4 fish are in view! As well as my Christmas tree lights!

15867663417_73b6a038ae.jpg

IMG_5629 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Edited to bring beautiful pics to the next page. :P

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a cold and cloudy Sunday morning afternoon. After sleeping half the day away, Kimber lazily stumbled to the living room to check on her tank. Water looks good. Check. Corals look good. Check. Clownfish hovering in their corner. Check. Firefish sleeping in the sand. Check. Blenny? Must be hiding in the rock, which was usual, so no worries there.

The last thing on her morning checklist was to open the back lid and check water level for the skimmer. As she opened the lid, there was a splash and a soft, "ploop"... Lenny had decided today was the day to go on an adventure to Return Pump Chamber Land!

Kimber was beside herself and made a frantic call to her BF. "Chill out, just reach in and grab him. Just don't squish him in a corner. Or come over and get a net."

And a net she needed. While trying to "rescue" Lenny from his vacation, he decided to head to Skimmer and Media Basket Ville.

Luckily for Kimber, it didn't take too long to get Lenny in the Black Net Express train home.

Once home, Lenny sheepishly said hello to his girlfriend. Poor guy just wanted a break from his bossy lady.

As the commotion died down, Grumpleupagus (who had been woken up early by all the noise) poked his head out, "Damn kids need to stop clowning around!"

It was a cold and cloudy Sunday morning afternoon. After sleeping half the day away, Kimber lazily stumbled to the living room to check on her tank. Water looks good. Check. Corals look good. Check. Clownfish hovering in their corner. Check. Firefish sleeping in the sand. Check. Blenny? Must be hiding in the rock, which was usual, so no worries there.

The last thing on her morning checklist was to open the back lid and check water level for the skimmer. As she opened the lid, there was a splash and a soft, "ploop"... Lenny had decided today was the day to go on an adventure to Return Pump Chamber Land!

Kimber was beside herself and made a frantic call to her BF. "Chill out, just reach in and grab him. Just don't squish him in a corner. Or come over and get a net."

And a net she needed. While trying to "rescue" Lenny from his vacation, he decided to head to Skimmer and Media Basket Ville.

Luckily for Kimber, it didn't take too long to get Lenny in the Black Net Express train home.

Once home, Lenny sheepishly said hello to his girlfriend. Poor guy just wanted a break from his bossy lady.

As the commotion died down, Grumpleupagus (who had been woken up early by all the noise) poked his head out, "Damn kids need to stop clowning around!"

Cute account in the life and day of a fish, it made me smile.

Hope Lenny has recovered from his adventure :)

He's a pretty bold little guy. I did a quick 5 gal water change again yesterday. He doesn't attack my hand, but he goes after the siphon!

Just wondering...

If you were pretty sure that you were moving at the end of October, would you start a tank in January (completely from scratch, so there may be curing times for your tank and definitely cycling time for the rock)?

Just wondering...

If you were pretty sure that you were moving at the end of October, would you start a tank in January (completely from scratch, so there may be curing times for your tank and definitely cycling time for the rock)?

I probably would have to say it would depend on what size you were thinking about. I wouldn't worry so much about having to move it. I would be more worried about having to deal with a second tank on top of having to pack and prepare to move on top of an already crazy busy life. But that's just me.

I probably would have to say it would depend on what size you were thinking about. I wouldn't worry so much about having to move it. I would be more worried about having to deal with a second tank on top of having to pack and prepare to move on top of an already crazy busy life. But that's just me.

A 20 gallon. Either the Pico 20G or the IM Nuvo 20...

I get bored when it's a quiet day at work and think about another "themed" tank.

Polarcollision

I think I need a sand cleaning critter to help me get the back/middle sand cleaned up because I can't reach it with the siphon. Any ideas?

Conch along with narsarrius? It ended a case of cyano on the sand bed that nassarius snails missed.

:huh:

I -just- got this. Good night! Now I have a complex and read my metaphors 7 times before posting. ;-)

This is my fat cat Rho. As in, the Greek letter. He gets really jealous and annoying when I work on my tank and don't pay attention to him:

15431141994_05d812de85.jpg

IMG_5591 by kimothy182, on Flickr

FIVE MONTH FTS!! All 4 fish are in view! As well as my Christmas tree lights!

15867663417_73b6a038ae.jpg

IMG_5629 by kimothy182, on Flickr

More kitty pics! Your tank is growing in so elegantly. Everything is balanced and I bet everything dances in the current. Everyone is right - in a few months this is going to be a gorgeous mature system. Nice work!

So glad to hear the prazipro didn't damage all the microfauna of either yours or Gena's tank. What a relief. By any chance do you have the little feather dusters in the calcified tubes or little yellow/white ball sponges? How did they do? That's what I worry will be affected the most if I treat the whole tank with Prazi.

So glad to hear the prazipro didn't damage all the microfauna of either yours or Gena's tank. What a relief. By any chance do you have the little feather dusters in the calcified tubes or little yellow/white ball sponges? How did they do? That's what I worry will be affected the most if I treat the whole tank with Prazi.

Uhh... I have tons of teeny feather dusters still! Actually, I pulled my thermometer out of my back chambers when Lenny went on his adventure and temporarily moved it to the display. It is COVERED up and down with what looks like tiny feathers!!

Oh man... OH MAN!!

One of the VP's just gave me a Christmas card with a $100 Visa gift card in it.

omgomgomg

SECOND TANK FUND!!

It's a sign!!!! You are meant to have the second tank :)

Whoo, just finished paging through your thread. How has it been so long since I was last here? I think I've been liking/responding in other threads :D

I <3 Rho! I'm also a sucker for cats of any type, but especially cuddlebugs who go floppy on their backs.

Thoughts on moving with tanks, it sucks :lol: if you can wait, I would. Moving already sucks and there's never enough time, so if you can avoid having a second tank to haul, I would.

Hey Kimbr, great tank. How do you direct link your pictures from flickr? I'm having a hard time finding the options.

Go to the image you want to use. Click on the arrow to "share this image".

Grab the BB code and make sure the size you want is selected.

Paste directly into your post!

https://flic.kr/p/qf1TZp'>15911168269_4b9964d196_n.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/qf1TZp'>Capture by https://www.flickr.com/people/33693274@N00/'>kimothy182, on Flickr

kimber, wait is this a 20g for home

on top of current tank? you mentioned

work so i was confused--not an office tank?

either way--exciting!!!

A 20g for home, so two tanks at my apartment. I just do the planning at work!! There's no way they would let me keep a tank at work!!

Just wondering...

Most definitely!!!!! :)

BF got me all fishy stuff for Christmas: Ato, spin stream, and a nano circ pump.

Now I gotta decide if I'm gonna use it on my biocube or get another tank!!

Archived