Coral Vue Hydros

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

Damn, sorry to hear that. Well I guess at least you can both attack the situation together!

Yup, looking into a Bayer dip. but I'm worried about treating for flukes and red bugs at the same time.

Also, they are on a frag that has now encrusted onto my rock. I suppose prying it off the rock will be in order, luckily it hasn't encrusted much.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent some down time this morning reading up on prazipro. I'm still on the fence about it...

Seems a lot of people are able to treat their DT just fine though feather dusters may not make it, and softies get pissy.

The other option I see is to set up a QT to treat my fish in there for the next 4-8 weeks while my tank and corals fallow. However, there's a possibility that a stray fluke could still pop up... And then I'd have to start that process all over again...

I had a giant toadstool and several feather dusters that were absolutely fine. Nothing was bothered by the treatment :).

I had a giant toadstool and several feather dusters that were absolutely fine. Nothing was bothered by the treatment :).

Awesome!!

Well, I hope the flukes were bothered! ;)

BF brought home the prazipro for me... :scarry: I have a half day tomorrow, so I'll be working on the tank all afternoon!

I am pretty sure I am down one hermit crab.

I think I need a sand cleaning critter to help me get the back/middle sand cleaned up because I can't reach it with the siphon. Any ideas?

BF brought home the prazipro for me... :scarry: I have a half day tomorrow, so I'll be working on the tank all afternoon!

I am pretty sure I am down one hermit crab.

I think I need a sand cleaning critter to help me get the back/middle sand cleaned up because I can't reach it with the siphon. Any ideas?

You can do it!!!! :).

Get a sand sleeping wrasse...it'll stir up your sand :wacko:. Just kidding :). You could do one of the nano stars like the harlequin that KPA sells. Nass snails?

I love my harlequin but he doesn't do much, if anything, to stir up the sand. My nassarius snails, on the other hand, live under the sand and rise up like little submarines when I feed the tank.

You can do it!!!! :).

Get a sand sleeping wrasse...it'll stir up your sand :wacko:. Just kidding :). You could do one of the nano stars like the harlequin that KPA sells. Nass snails?

Yes, zombie snails are what I need! I have a few brittle stars? Teeny stars? They just hang out in my rocks waving their arms around. I dunno if they are similar, they are cute, but seem worthless!

I love my harlequin but he doesn't do much, if anything, to stir up the sand. My nassarius snails, on the other hand, live under the sand and rise up like little submarines when I feed the tank.

I need a couple of those! Not sure if its worth it to order online though for just 2 or 3... Gotta see if I can find em local for a good price!

I did it! I dosed the PraziPro!!

:scarry:

I did a nice big water change and deep cleaning - vacuumed the sand, took out the heater/skimmer/media basket and gave everything a gentle wipe down. I can't run carbon or the skimmer for the next two weeks.

Once I was done cleaning I let everything circulate a while before adding 1/2 dose of PraziPro. If everything looks ok tomorrow I'll dose the other half.

Here's the plan...

Day 1: water change and 1/2 dose

Day 2: 1/2 dose

Day 7: water change and 1/2 dose

Day 8: 1/2 dose

Day 13: water change, skimmer on and carbon added

Within minutes of adding the PraziPro, my Xenia sort of wilted, though it is still trying to pulse a little. My mushrooms got shrivel-y around 10 minutes. And I noticed my gorg hasn't opened since I started the water change. I'm an hour after dosing and nothing else seems to be effected... even my feather dusters are still out.

I still see the fluke on Grumpleupagus though...

Polarcollision

Hope it goes well for you. I'm sitting on a bottle myself to treat intestinal worms. Gotta say I'm holding my breath everything survives for you.

Everything's looking good!

Xenia opened up, mushrooms look less scrunched up, and gory opened up a bit.

I did my second dosing a few hours ago... Fingers crossed everything survives, but I have a feeling all will be ok.

Fluke isn't on Grumpleupagus anymore!!

Everything's looking good!

Xenia opened up, mushrooms look less scrunched up, and gory opened up a bit.

I did my second dosing a few hours ago... Fingers crossed everything survives, but I have a feeling all will be ok.

Fluke isn't on Grumpleupagus anymore!!

Sounds like it's going well!

Here we got with a HUGE photo dump!!

Here's the Purple Iris in October:

15836516140_47b3817265.jpg

Purple Iris October by kimothy182, on Flickr

December:

15837725879_41d267808b.jpg

Purple Iris December by kimothy182, on Flickr

You can see pretty much all the tips are growing out white, hopefully they color up as it continues to grow:

15837726699_4a601ba695.jpg

IMG_5557 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Mr. Setosa in October:

16023774985_6e4509c1df.jpg

IMG_5026 by kimothy182, on Flickr

December:

16023772775_c06e4785df.jpg

IMG_5583 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Purpley Goodness in October:

15997997906_9cb47b9142.jpg

IMG_5033 by kimothy182, on Flickr

And December (I am not happy with the lack of growth, color, and PE):

15401514694_5b6cdf7aa1.jpg

IMG_5582 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Creepy Green Monster in October:

15997998636_5f2c242954.jpg

IMG_5039 by kimothy182, on Flickr

December:

15836520000_f1bedeaf82.jpg

IMG_5556 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Grumpleupagus posed for me to check on his flukes today:

16023086882_1c64c70d63.jpg

IMG_5567 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Don't see any!

15401518614_008767d677.jpg

IMG_5566 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Squiggy wanted to take a close-up too:

16021831511_3089d26221.jpg

IMG_5568 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Can you spot the blenny?

15401520004_97fb0ffe72.jpg

IMG_5564 by kimothy182, on Flickr

After cleaning Friday, this guy came out of the rocks:

15836524360_344cd991be.jpg

IMG_5534 by kimothy182, on Flickr

I named him MONSTER:

15836525300_fefd6f432a.jpg

IMG_5540 by kimothy182, on Flickr

He decided to take a walk in the "flowers":

16021834731_206b04b61f.jpg

IMG_5541 by kimothy182, on Flickr

He was having a good time I guess... :blush:

15404146813_5a10327c66.jpg

IMG_5543 by kimothy182, on Flickr

so happy the tank and grumpy are improving!

love the fotos!!

i miss my blenny. wah! :tears:

also, did that spiny starfish hitchhike? it's big!!

:( poor Cindy's blenny...

He hitchhiked in the sense that I did not purchase him, but he emerged from the rock!! Tank and rocks were second-hand so I have no idea how long he's been in there!! I have seen him waving to me from the rocks before, but he never came out like that!!

Hey just wanted to stop by and say that I love your rock scape! Seriously it's awesome.

Tank looks great and the inhabitants look like they're doing very well!

Hey just wanted to stop by and say that I love your rock scape! Seriously it's awesome.

Tank looks great and the inhabitants look like they're doing very well!

Thanks!!

What's the "creepy green monster"? :wub:

What's your plan for treatment? Will you just do one dose or two?

Creepy Green Monster is an a. sarmentosa I believe. I love it's color and PE. I hope it starts to take off soon, polyps are happy but I haven't noticed any growth.

I think I will just do one treatment for now. I've got plenty of prazipro to retreat if I see more flukes, but feel I should hold off on treating again if I don't need to.

Archived