SaltCritters.com

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guess they snuggled enough for now... they are both on the move away from each other.

Wish they would stay still, but oh well!

Love is a lie!

No, maybe they are just open minded and will come back.

Cools nems, pretty awesome that they cuddled up together like that. Hopefully they will come back together. Pics of the Acan?

Thanks!

Pics of the acans will come tonight! New one is doing great and eating a LOT!

Guess who's back??

The FLUKE!! But I'm convinced it is a different fluke, because this one seems smaller.

Where do flukes live? Do they swim around in the water? Do they crawl around on the rocks and sand? I'm positive that Grumpleupagus sleeps on the rocks and sand, and he is the only one these flukes seem to want to hitch a ride on. Do cleaner shrimps help out with flukes?

I suppose I'll try a freshwater dip, but probably I need to treat the whole tank. If there was a bigger one, and now a smaller one, there's likely more flukes... or eggs, right?

Where do I get that prazipro at?! :furious:

If your LFS doesn't carry it you can get it from Amazon. Poop. Flukes suck! I treated my tank when I suspected gill flukes on my blennies and the tank was just fine. Just follow the instructions on the bottle. Good luck!

Look nice! How's your fishy doing?

Thanks! Grumpleupagus is doing just fine, though he still has a fluke on his side. I made a half assed attempt to catch him for a freshwater dip, but he dove into the rocks as soon as my hands were on the water. Which I knew he would do, and that's why my attempt was not half assed.

I'm just going to plan to treat the whole tank very carefully since I'm convinced the flukes are in the sand and will just keep hitching a ride on my fishie.

Spent some down time this morning reading up on prazipro. I'm still on the fence about it...

Seems a lot of people are able to treat their DT just fine though feather dusters may not make it, and softies get pissy.

The other option I see is to set up a QT to treat my fish in there for the next 4-8 weeks while my tank and corals fallow. However, there's a possibility that a stray fluke could still pop up... And then I'd have to start that process all over again...

I have used it in DTs before. And yes it reacts right along those lines. Main areas of concern lie in tree leathers, toadstools and other large softies. Mushrooms, zoas, and mat corals do just fine.

Oh no!

Frustrated this morning...

Flukes, red bugs, and Grumpleupagus was chasing Alan last night. Hopefully I'll get the PraziPro today and I'll start treatment tomorrow.

woah, where did they come from? did you add SPS recently? better find the source so you can prevent it next time (hope the source is not your bf's DT...)

It was from his tank... :slap:

Archived