ReefCleaners.org

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

5pm can't come soon enough!

Normally my Fridays are a cakewalk, but with the shuffling of employees and year-end approaching, I'm being asked to help with extra projects when I'm already being pulled 10 different directions. Time to take a breath, remain calm, and just take my time to get everything done right the first time.

I didn't clean up my tank last night because I forgot BF had borrowed my siphon. I'm actually looking forward to a really deep cleaning session tonight.

By one get one free at Starbucks in 3 hours... That'll help get me through the afternoon!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5pm can't come soon enough!

Normally my Fridays are a cakewalk, but with the shuffling of employees and year-end approaching, I'm being asked to help with extra projects when I'm already being pulled 10 different directions. Time to take a breath, remain calm, and just take my time to get everything done right the first time.

I'm totally with you. I can't wait for this day to be over. I've worked my butt off all week and I just don't want to do it today.

Kimber, I just read through your entire thread. Wow, what a journey! Your tank looks wonderful and I can't believe it's your first tank. Great job.

Kimber, I just read through your entire thread. Wow, what a journey! Your tank looks wonderful and I can't believe it's your first tank. Great job.

:blush: Aww. shucks... Thanks!!

Tank is all clean and pretty!! :happydance:

I spent about an hour cleaning it up last night: basted the junk off rocks, siphoned the sand, scrubbed the glass, changed out my media bag (carbon and phoslock), put in a new filter pad, and wiped the plastic light cover.

I really need to find smaller media bags, as the one I have is too big and bulky to fit in my media basket.

One of the LFSs (Reefwise!!) posted that they received ton of new corals and fishes a few days ago. BF and I are heading there in a bit because he is on the hunt for a pink birdsnest. I know I'll be tempted to buy all the things...

Tank is all clean and pretty!! :happydance:

I spent about an hour cleaning it up last night: basted the junk off rocks, siphoned the sand, scrubbed the glass, changed out my media bag (carbon and phoslock), put in a new filter pad, and wiped the plastic light cover.

I really need to find smaller media bags, as the one I have is too big and bulky to fit in my media basket.

One of the LFSs (Reefwise!!) posted that they received ton of new corals and fishes a few days ago. BF and I are heading there in a bit because he is on the hunt for a pink birdsnest. I know I'll be tempted to buy all the things...

Sounds fun!!!!!! I have to take my dog to the ophthalmologist later this morning...I'd much rather be going coral shopping :).

Can't wait to see what you come home with :happydance:.

Why hello little acan!!

15798502685_cab36e04df.jpg

IMG_5290 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Understandably, he's still a little mad. I wanted to bring home more euphylla (there were cool looking torches) but I was good and only brought home this one little coral this time. BF has been on the hunt for a hot pink birdsnest, but settled on a little piece of ponape that he's placing now.

I caught Herbie being a little cannibal, eating a molt. Gross...

15774822816_6104fd818f.jpg

IMG_5281 by kimothy182, on Flickr

My creepy green monster is doing GREAT in my tank. I loooooove its big fluffy polyps! :wub:

15796623621_16c9521796.jpg

IMG_5283 by kimothy182, on Flickr

The purpley goodness has already attached itself to my rock, which is good, but I think it's color could be a little better - it was more greeny-purple at the LFS. I also feel the polyps aren't as out and about as they should be.

15133041773_1baa99e601.jpg

IMG_5196 by kimothy182, on Flickr

And here's the Mr. Setosa from Mr. Microscope!

15567018858_53069097db.jpg

IMG_5195 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Archived