Top Shelf Aquatics

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You definitely need that!!!! I was looking for one just like it not that long ago. I'm bookmarking that site :).

I have seen them listed on DD as well although I must say unique probably has better prices and very similar (good) service.

You definitely need that!!!! I was looking for one just like it not that long ago. I'm bookmarking that site :).

I have seen them listed on DD as well although I must say unique probably has better prices and very similar (good) service.

If I could find something else on there that spoke to me I would probably place an order... But I can't quite justify $47 for that one little piece.

That name is hilarious

interesting thing about it is it was named after him because he has them as he is a saltwater tank enthusiast, more points for him in my book lol.

interesting thing about it is it was named after him because he has them as he is a saltwater tank enthusiast, more points for him in my book lol.

ya- there was an episode on 'tanked' that had them building a large tank for his octopus- didn't know he had a reef too- awesome!

I think that GSP is going to cause more harm than good on the top of your rockwork. Its going to grow way too fast and take over everything. I would put it in the sand away from rocks or walls so it doesn't start taking over things. my .02

nice tank nontheless!

I think that GSP is going to cause more harm than good on the top of your rockwork. Its going to grow way too fast and take over everything. I would put it in the sand away from rocks or walls so it doesn't start taking over things. my .02

nice tank nontheless!

Thanks! I'm aware about GSP taking over. It's on a rock that it is allowed and encouraged to take over. I'll keep an eye on it and as it takes over I'll cut it back. All part of my plan. ;)

Thanks! I'm aware about GSP taking over. It's on a rock that it is allowed and encouraged to take over. I'll keep an eye on it and as it takes over I'll cut it back. All part of my plan. ;)

I beat my GSP with a stick. It behaves.

Here's a couple of pics I've taken of the BF's tank over the past few months. He doesn't "get" forums and doesn't have the patience to sit down and start his own thread on here. It took him forever to even get signed up because his validation link wouldn't work.

ANYWHO...

FTS a few months ago of his 45 gal:

15108338784_bf9eb4d866.jpg

IMG_4062 by kimothy182, on Flickr

All was well until these guys were added. They inhabited my tank before I got it and I didn't want them:

15704578596_a2d907b2c9.jpg

IMG_4439 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Walter, the starry blenny, and the only one with a proper name:

15704576366_607609d862.jpg

IMG_4441 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Maroon clown - she gets really pissy when he rearranges HER tank and she will knock stuff over:

15726369571_0d890401a3.jpg

IMG_4043 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Mystery wrasse is kind of a jerk and eats all his inverts. Here he is eyeing "lunch":

15728302185_e6199bc5d4.jpg

IMG_3926 by kimothy182, on Flickr

Super awesome mushrooms that got buried and died cause the shrimp is a jerk and buries all the corals near the sand:

15704580816_86806799b7.jpg

IMG_3431 by kimothy182, on Flickr

This undata.. :wub: I want to steal it:

15543112877_257601cfa1.jpg

IMG_4914 by kimothy182, on Flickr

I didn't realize it was UC when I went to that link!!!! I love them....and I get cheap in-state shipping with them :).

Oh yeah? Cool! He gets more points from me if he actually maintains a reef tank :).

Love your BFs tank, kimber!!!! Awesome fish and corals :).

Love your BFs tank, kimber!!!! Awesome fish and corals :).

Your BF's tank is great. I love the pic of the wrasse eyeing lunch!

He's been hating on it hardcore lately. It is about 4 years old, so when he added the pistol shrimp a few months ago it made a MESS of the sand bed. Buried and killed some corals, made the tank cloudy for weeks. I don't think either of us will ever try a pistol shrimp again.

It's also a tall, narrow tank, so he's gotten discouraged with trying to re-scape it all. He says he wants to re-do the whole thing, but living in an apartment means he doesn't have the space to have two tanks set up to swap it all out. :unsure:

I ordered an RW-4 for my tank this morning and was SUUUUPER excited. The Koralia I have in my tank is bulky and doesn't swivel very well.

Then my BF pointed out that the Koralia is hardwired into a switch in the hood of my BioCube (from the previous owner) and he doesn't know how to re-wire so it would work with the switch and variable speed the Jebao has.

:( Bummed fo' sho...

love the fotos! and love your baby mushie!

the really bright red/orange one i got from ASD

grew a baby too. the corals i've gotten from them

have really been thriving, so i'm happy.

Archived