SaltCritters.com

Kimberbee's First Tank - RETIRED!

kimberbee

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twice now I have reached into my tank for feeding time with lotion on my hands. :slap:

At least I realize right away and get my hands out as soon as I can.

Twice now I have reached into my tank for feeding time with lotion on my hands. :slap:

At least I realize right away and get my hands out as soon as I can.

aiiiii!

Finally decided that my next fish (to be picked out probably next week) will be a purple or helfrichi firefish. It won out over a pink streaked wrasse because I want to add a pipefish as a 5th (an likely final) resident in February-ish. Wouldn't want the wrasse and pipefish to compete too much for pods.

By way of corals, I'm keeping my eyes out for another small rfa, a gorgonian, and a 3-4 headed acan. Maybe something else will catch my eye too, but I'm pretty much done stocking up this tank. It was a nice way to get started in the hobby, but I'm looking forward to getting a bigger better tank in the spring.

New plan is for a 40 gallon with a mushroom wall, acan garden, euphyllia forest, and SPS tower. Of course, some of my current corals will end up in there as well. Fish will be: current clownfish pair and tailspot blenny, hopefully also a mandarin, and a pink streaked wrasse.

When that happens, my biocube will become my RFA/ricorda garden with gorgonians. I'll leave my future firefish and pipefish in there and add a clown goby.

Do you have some reef suds?

No! Where can I get some?!

I asked the Google for some information to find out what reef suds was, but Google can't tell me where to buy.

I asked the Google for some information to find out what reef suds was, but Google can't tell me where to buy.

Did you ask nicely?

I've gotten into the habit of only using lotion before I go to bed. I keep it in the medicine cabinet so I'm not tempted and put it on after brushing my teeth.

The reef suds site is down. Are they still in business?

I've gotten into the habit of only using lotion before I go to bed. I keep it in the medicine cabinet so I'm not tempted and put it on after brushing my teeth.

My hands get way to dry to only put lotion on once a day.

I'm the kitchen fairy at work so I probably wash my hands 5 times just cause of that alone.

I tried the reef suds website, but it didn't work for me either. $9 a bar (from what I've read) seems expensive, so maybe they aren't in business anymore.

Mine are super dry too because I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I only use the bath and body works foaming soaps because I find them the least drying, but my hands still look like elephant skin :lol:

kimber, that's exactly what *i* decided on!

i saw them at ASD last thursday. but when i went

in yesterday, all three were sold!

i wouldn't mind green clown goby, BUT since my

tank is so small, i'm afraid there might be some

aggressions with the yellow clown goby.

can't wait to see your purple firefish!

i figured it was fate so i'll wait a bit to see

if a purple firefish shows up again. i even asked

the shop to feed the firefish pellets and they totally

ate them. :)

They are, Jarob sold the reef suds line to a big retailer - i forget the name.

Kim, PM me your addy.

Finally decided that my next fish (to be picked out probably next week) will be a purple or helfrichi firefish. It won out over a pink streaked wrasse because I want to add a pipefish as a 5th (an likely final) resident in February-ish. Wouldn't want the wrasse and pipefish to compete too much for pods.

By way of corals, I'm keeping my eyes out for another small rfa, a gorgonian, and a 3-4 headed acan. Maybe something else will catch my eye too, but I'm pretty much done stocking up this tank. It was a nice way to get started in the hobby, but I'm looking forward to getting a bigger better tank in the spring.

New plan is for a 40 gallon with a mushroom wall, acan garden, euphyllia forest, and SPS tower. Of course, some of my current corals will end up in there as well. Fish will be: current clownfish pair and tailspot blenny, hopefully also a mandarin, and a pink streaked wrasse.

When that happens, my biocube will become my RFA/ricorda garden with gorgonians. I'll leave my future firefish and pipefish in there and add a clown goby.

Your plans sound perfect! My mandarin and PSW are buddies...they make a cute pair when they hunt together :).

I'm doing a water change tomorrow so my tank will be nice and clean for my new fish next week.

Just gotta try to find a day that I can stop at the LFS and pick one out!! :happydance:

I'm doing a water change tomorrow so my tank will be nice and clean for my new fish next week.

Just gotta try to find a day that I can stop at the LFS and pick one out!! :happydance:

which LFS you going for the firefish? Reefwise?

Lost a little frag yesterday. :tears: Little Green Tree (which was likely an a. tenuis) hasn't been doing the best these past few weeks. Polyp extension was minimal so I tried moving it around the past few days. Well, last night when I got home from work all of it's "skin" was floating off.

Poor little guy...

Lost a little frag yesterday. :tears: Little Green Tree (which was likely an a. tenuis) hasn't been doing the best these past few weeks. Polyp extension was minimal so I tried moving it around the past few days. Well, last night when I got home from work all of it's "skin" was floating off.

Poor little guy...

:( sorry.

I've heard the helfrichi ff is way more social...I'd get that one if you have a choice. My purple ff hid all the time, although it probably just depends on the fish. I finally found an orange ff that will stay out all day long :).

I've heard the helfrichi ff is way more social...I'd get that one if you have a choice. My purple ff hid all the time, although it probably just depends on the fish. I finally found an orange ff that will stay out all day long :).

Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!

No problem :). You can get lucky with any of the colors, but helfrichi just have a track record for staying out and even drawing out a hiding FF that one may already have.

Archived